2009学年奉贤区初三英语调研测试试题（1001） （满分 150 完卷时间 100分钟）
Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar
(第二部分 词汇和语法) （共46分）
V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) ：（共26分）
31. Last Friday our science teacher introduced __________ useful book to us.
A) a B) an C) / D) the
32. Most of the students in our school come to school _________school bus.
A) on B) by C) with D) in
33. My father didn?t go to schools. He taught ________ when he was a boy.
A) his B) him C) himself D) he
34. Tom made _______ mistakes in his homework. Miss Wang is satisfied with him
A) a little B) little C) a few D) few
35. There is a flower shop on _______ side of the street. Let?s go and buy some flowers
A) another B) the other C) other D) others
36. Mary telephoned me just now, but I wasn?t in. She had to leave me a ________.
A) advice B) information C) message D) paper
37. We haven?t seen each other for several years. I can ______ remember what she looks like.
A) hardly B) almost C) nearly D) quite
38. It is reported that about ______ of the tourists want to Hainan in winter holiday.
A) well B) two-thirds B) beautiful C) second-three C) wonderfully D) two-third D) boring 39. The pop song sounded very _____. We enjoyed every minute of it.
40. Her handwriting is not so_______ as mine.
A) better B) good C) much better D) best
41. There is little snow in Shanghai in winter these years, ______?
A) is it B) isn?t it C) is there D) isn?t there
42. The sad movie made most of the girls ______.
A) cried B) crying C) to cry D) cry
43. The doctor told me _____ junk food. It?s unhealthy.
A) to eat B) not to eat C) don?t eat D) eating
44. A: _____ I have a look at your new MP4?
B: Yes, you _______.
A) May…should B) Must…can C) May…need D) May…may
45. Peter didn?t visit the Science Museum ______ he had visited it before.
A) though B) if C) when D) because
46. Work harder, ______ you will fail in the final exam.
A) but B) then C) or D) and
47. The price of the new flats is so high that few young people can ______ them by themselves.
A) award B) afford C) admit D) attract
48. All of us are proud of the great changes in Shanghai. We?re sure Shanghai will be even _____
after the 2010 World Expo.
A) good B) better C) best D) the best
49. A lot of flights were ______because of the heavy snow last month.
A) put down B) put up C) put off D) put out
50. Many houses______ in the storm a few days ago. What a pity!
A) damage B) damaged C) were damaging D) were damaged
51. Mary ______ to work in the west of China after she graduates from university.
A) goes B) will go C) went D) would go
52. Our teachers______ us already that washing hands often will help us prevent the A-H1N1 Flu.
A) tell B) told C) have told D) is telling
53. Don? A) go back B) come back C) give back D) reach A) be filled with B) be interested in C) be fond of D) be keen on
55. ---May I open the window? It?s a bit hot inside.
A) It doesn?t matter . B) Go ahead, please.
C) I?m glad to hear that. D) Thank you.
56. ---Let?s go to the flower show this afternoon.
A) That?s all right. B) Thank you for saying so.
C) You are right. D) All right.
VI .Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(共8分)
57. Could you show ______ how to control the machine. ( we )
58. A careless driver and the terrible weather were responsible for these people?s________. ( die)
59. We can find some _________ stories about memory. ( amaze)
60. If you want to ____________something, you must make a picture in your mind. (memory) 61. The road in my hometown will be ________________ next year. (wide)
62. It?s ______ of you to ask her such a silly question. ( fool)
63. There are many kinds of outdoor ______ such as traveling and camping. ( act )
64. Doctor Wang will ______ on the wounded policeman at once. ( operation)
VII. Rewrite the sentences according to the instructions in the brackets（共12分）
65. They set up a new school in the town last year.（改为一般疑问句）。
______they ______ up a new school in the town last year?
______aunt ______ the woman singing over there?
67. They were very excited to take part in the Expo English Contest. (改为感叹句)
______ ______ they were to take part in the Expo English Contest!
68. We can freeze the fish if we want to keep it fresh. (改为被动语态)
The fish can ______ ______ if we want to keep it fresh.
69. The boy is so strong that he can carry the heavy box himself. (保持原句意思)
The boy is strong ______ ______ carry the heavy box himself.
70. When will we take an English exam? We wanted to know. (合并句子)
We wanted to know ______ we ______ take an English exam.
Part 3 Reading and Writing
（第三部分 阅读和写话） (共74分)
IX. Reading comprehension（阅读理解）：（共56分）
A. True or False.(判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示)： （共7分）
Jolie Ray was watching TV alone at home when the program suddenly stopped. “Sorry to interrupt the program. Here?s an important notice from the police. At about 9 p.m., a lady was robbed and killed by a man in brown. If you know anything about the man, please call the police. Thank you.”
The terrible news made Jolie frightened. She couldn?t help looking around, but didn?t see anyone hide behind the door or on the balcony. But all of a sudden, a man appeared and stood in front of her. He was wearing brown! Jolie didn?t know what to do!
“Calm down（冷静）, young lady. Put your gold necklace and money on the table,” said the robber. “I?ll stay up here for the night. If you dare to call the police, you are just asking for trouble.” That made Jolie even more frightened, but she tried to calm herself.
Just then came the sound of a police car. In a little while, someone rang the doorbell. The robber said, with a gun pointing against Jolie?s back, “Open the door and say that you have gone to bed. Do not let anyone in.”
But Jolie had an idea. She opened the door.
“Good evening, Miss Ray. I?m Mr. Collins, a policeman here. Is there anything unusual here?”
“No,” she said loudly, “ only my brother and I are in the room.?
“OK. Good night,” Collins replied.
A few minutes later, the police car went away.
“Good,” the robber said with a smile. Just at this moment, some policemen broke the window and hurried into the room from the balcony. They quickly caught the robber.
“You really did a good job, Miss Ray. When you said that your brother was in the room, I knew there was something unusual,” said Mr. Collins, “because we knew that your brother had been killed in a robbery half a year ago.”
71. Nobody except Jolie was watching TV at home when the program suddenly stopped.
72. The police showed the importance notice on TV so that people could know the event .
73. When the robber suddenly appeared in front of Jolie, she knew what she should do at once.
74. After hearing the robber?s words, Jolie was too frightened to calm down.
75. Just before opening the door, Jolie had an idea to ask the police for help.
76. The robber was caught by the policemen after a long time fight.
77. From the story, we know that both Jolie and Mr. Collins are clever.
B. Choose the best answer.(根据短文内容，选择恰当的答案)：（共7分）
Many scientists think that the earth is getting warmer and warmer. If the change continues, the natural world and human society will face danger. Scientists believe human activity is responsible for the climate change. We produce too many greenhouse gases. They keep heat in the air and make the earth warm.
Many of the world?s governments agree. And they want to solve the problem. So from December 7 to 18, 2009, they held a conference in Copenhagen, Denmark to talk about global warming and climate change.
Representatives( 代表) from 192 countries and regions went to the meeting. Although they 3
have not reached an agreement, the Copenhagen Accord(《哥本哈根协议》)was an important beginning to save the earth. It was made by a small group of countries including China, the US, India, Brazil and South Africa. Some other countries at the conference also showed support.
What are the key points of the Copenhagen Accord? The accord limits global temperature increases to 20C by 2050 compared to pre-1850. Scientists think it could help the world to avoid serious climate change.
The accord also says that developed countries must promise to cut greenhouse gas emissions(排放)to the UN by January 31, 2010. The accord asks developed countries to give money to help developing countries.
Many countries and organizations are that the conference didn?t reach a legal document(法律约
定). And they think the accord is not clear enough about
African leaders are worried that the goal of a 20C
global temperature increase isn?t good enough, because it
will mean a much higher increase in temperature across
Africa. This could cause big problems like food and
water shortages across the continent.
Still, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon believes the conference was an “improvement”. “Finally we reached a deal,” Ban said. ?The accord may not be everything every one had hoped for, but this…is an important beginning.”
78. What do scientists believe is responsible for the climate change?
A) Human activity B) Animals growing
C) Plants growing D) Too many people
79. The Copenhagen Conference was held ____________.
A) from November 7 to 18, 2009 B) from December 18 to January 31, 2010
C) from December 7 to 18, 2010 D) from December 7 to 18, 2009
80. ___________ countries and regions took part in the Copenhagen meeting.
A) 18 B) 20 C) 192 D) 205
81. What did members of the Copenhagen Meeting NOT talk about?
A) Economic recovery(经济复苏) B) Global warming
C) Climate change D) Cutting greenhouse gas emissions
82. What?s the attitude（态度）of African leaders towards the goal of a 20C 错误！未找到引用源。global temperature increase?
A) They are happy about it B) They don?t care much about it
C) They are worried about it D) They support it
83. What does the underlined word A) worried because something bad has happened
B) sad because something was not as good as they had hoped
C) afraid because of something terrible
D) upset because of changeable situation
84. Which is true about the Copenhagen Accord?
A) Developing countries must promise to cut greenhouse gas emissions.
B) Both developing countries and developed countries should not produce any greenhouse gases.
C) The EU agreed to give $3.6 billion to help developing countries.
D) The Copenhagen Accord isn?t a legal document, but it?s an important beginning to save the
C．Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage.（共14分）
When I was about 12 years old, I had an enemy, a girl who liked to tell me about my weak : I was very short, and I wasn?t a good student, I talked too much, and so on. I tried to stand all of these as long as I could. Finally, I became very angry. I ran to my father with tears in my eyes. of everything she said and mark the points that are true. Pay no attention to the other things that she said.” of them I couldn?t change, like being very short, but a great number of them I could. I wanted to change the bad things , and for the first time I knew something about myself in a very clear way.
I brought the list back to my father. He refused to take it. “That?s just for you,” he said, ”You know better than the truths about yourself, but sometimes others? opinions are also When something that is said about you is true, you?ll find that it will be of help to you. Our world is full of people who think that they know you. Don?t shut your ears. Listen to all of them, _hear the truth and do what you think is the right thing to do.” I have remembered my father?s advice at many important moments. I have never had a better piece of advice in my whole life.
85. A) longer B) shorter C) politer D) fairer
86. A) happily B) quietly C) angrily D) usually
87. A) dreamed of B) thought about C) worked out D) dealt with
88. A) joy B) unhappiness C) surprise D) interest
89. A) anything B) anyone C) everything D) everyone
90. A) shout B) follow C) listen D) accept
91. A) so B) or C) for D) but
D．Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（共14分）
There are many things we need to know that we do not learn at school. For example, if we we shop. Knowing how to make such choices is a “life skill”, and we need these skills if we want
Some of these choices are small. For example, will I take an apple for lunch or a pear? Will I get the bus to school today or will I walk? Will I wear the red T-shirt or the blue one to the movies? Other choices are more For example, will I eat healthy food or will I eat junk food because it is tastier? Will I work hard in all my classes or will I only work hard in the classes Making the wrong choices can result in sadness. We have to that the choices we make can affect(影响) the rest of our lives. What?s more, our choices can also affect other the movies, consider this: Who else does my choice affect?
E. Answer the questions (根据短文内容回答下列问题): (共14分)
Ernest Hemingway（欧内斯特.海明威）was born in 1899 in the state of Illinois. His father was a doctor and his mother taught music lessons. When Hemingway was young, the family owned a house on a lake where they spent the summers. Hemingway learned to hunt, fish, and camp in the woods and lakes. His early experiences with nature made him interested in outdoor adventure（冒险）, hunting, and fishing.
After graduating from high school in 1917, Hemingway worked as a reporter for a newspaper named the Kansas City Star. During World War I, Hemingway, at the age of 19, volunteered to become an ambulance driver for the Red Cross in Italy. He got wounded in a battle and was sent to a hospital in Milan. He fell in love with Agnes, a Red Cross nurse seven years older than he. They planned to marry; however, Agnes married someone else in 1919.
Later, Hemingway began writing and travelling around the world. In 1925, his first novel, The Sun Also Rises, came out. It is widely considered his best work. Four years later, he wrote A Farewell to Arms(《永别了，武器》), a sad love story of an American soldier and a British nurse. The plot was inspired by his earlier relationship with Agnes in Milan. In 1939, Hemingway moved to Cuba. He wrote For Whom the Bell Tolls(《丧钟为谁而鸣》)the same year. In 1952, his last novel, The Old Man and the Sea, was published; it made Hemingway famous and gained him the Pulitzer Prize(普利策奖) in 1952 and the Nobel Prize in literature in 1954.
Because of bad health and illness of the mind, Hemingway killed himself in July, 1961. The influence of his writings on American literature was great and continues today.
99. What was Hemingway?s father?
_______________________________________________________________________ 100. Hemingway was interested in outdoor adventures, wasn?t he?
_______________________________________________________________________ 101. Was Hemingway a doctor during World War I?
________________________________________________________________________ 102. Which novel is widely considered Hemingway?s best work?
________________________________________________________________________ 103. In which year did Hemingway write A Farewell to Arms?
_______________________________________________________________________ 104. What did Hemingway get in 1954, the Pulitzer Prize or the Nobel Prize in literature? ________________________________________________________________________ 105. What do you think of Hemingway?
_________________________________________________________________________ IX. Writing (写话): （共18分）
106. Write at least 60 words about the topic “An argument with xx (your parent, classmate, friend…)”. （以“我和某某的一次争吵”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。) （注意：短文中不得出现考生的姓名、校名及其他相关信息，否则不予评分。） Use the following points as a guide. (短文须包含下列要点)
1. Simple information about the argument. (when…, where…, why…,)
2. Did you understand him\her at last?
3. What did you do to end the argument?
(argue v. 争吵， argument n.)