Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法)
V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. More college graduates would like to work in _________ west part of our country. A) /
D) an D) others D) on D) and too D) laid D) unaware of D) more quickly D) steals D) lovely D) usually D) talked D) mustn’t
32. After the concert, the famous singer will go to _________ country. A) another A) in
B) other B) at
C) the other C) with C) either C) lay
33. Both Mary and Jenny are busy _________ their lessons these days. 34. I enjoy reading English story books and science fiction _________. A) as well A) lain
B) neither B) lied
35. Last week, my neighbour’s hen _________ four eggs altogether. 36. Peter did quite well in his English test. He is really _________ English. A) good at A) quickly A) stole
B) careful with
C) pleased with C) most quickly C) stealing
37. We are glad to see Shanghai is developing _________ these years than ever before.
B) the most quickly B) to steal B) well B) ever B) said B) can’t
38. At the police station, the boy admitted _________ some books from the bookstore. 39. Those Teddy Bears look _________. Most of us want to buy one. A) nicely A) often A) told
C) beautifully C) never C) spoke
40. The sister always sends me a Christmas card, but I _________ get one from her brother. 41. Do you still remember what the teacher _________ at the meeting yesterday? 42. You _________ take an umbrella with you because it’s fine today. A) needn’t
43. The little boy didn’t listen to his parents _________.
A) any long B) no long C) any longer D) no longer
44. My parents are quite _________ with the quality (质量) of the goods they’ve bought. They look so happy. A) excited B) satisfied C) frightened D) interested The underlined part means_________.
初三英语 第1页 共8页
A) was over
A) borrowed B) lasted longer B) has borrowed
B) Second-third C) went away C) has lent D) was coming D) has kept 46. He _________ the magazine for two weeks. He should go to the library to renew it. 47. _________ of the apples in the basket are soft and sweet. A) Two-third C) Second-thirds D) Two-thirds
48. The old man moved here to live with his son five years ago, so he _________ the life here.
A) used to B) is used to C) isn’t used to D) used not to
49. Would you please give him the notebook if you _________ to see him tomorrow?
A) are happened B) happen C) will happen D) happened
50. It’s rather difficult for them to on the place to live in. The underlined part
A) decide B) own C) advise D) decorate
51. John _________ his passport everywhere, but he still couldn’t find it.
A) looked for B) looked up C) looked at D) looked around
52. It was reported that more young teachers _________ to Yunnan sometime next year.
A) would send B) will send C) would be sent D) will be sent
53. Yesterday I got up early _________ be late for the lecture made by a well-known professor.
A) in order to B) so as not to C) in order to not D) so that
54. － I think English is more difficult than physics.
A) That’s ok. B) I’m sorry. C) I agree. D) Thank you.
55. － Your coat is really beautiful. I like it very much.
A) Not at all. B) Thanks a lot. C) Me too. D) Certainly not.
56. The little girl didn’t know _________.
A) what his grandpa means B) what did his grandpa mean
C) what does his grandpa mean D) what his grandpa meant
VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms : (共8分)
57. A bus _________ is responsible for the safety of his passengers. (drive)
58. Jack, can you find _________ in this old photo? (you)
59. The _________ made by a famous scientist is very interesting and useful. (speak)
60. It’s my _________ to help those homeless animals. (please)
61. Don’t go out. It’s cold and is raining ________. (heavy)
62. We all know that Jinmao Tower is one of the _________ buildings in the world. (high)
63. Well done! You’ve answered all the questions _________. (correct)
64. What ________ news our friend has brought us. (excite)
VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required: (共12分)
65. The woman realized too much salt was harmful to our health. (改为否定句)
The woman _________ _________ too much salt was harmful to our health.
66. Tony is a very honest boy. (改为感叹句)
初三英语 第2页 共8页
________ ________ honest boy Tony is!
67. The problem is too difficult for us to work out. (保持句意基本不变)
The problem is ________ difficult that ________ can work it out.
68. Put on your coat, or you’ll catch a cold. (保持句意基本不变)
________ you ________ put on your coat, you’ll catch a cold. (对划线部分提问)
________ _________ the old man sit down in the chair?
70. We can store a lot of information in the computer. (改为被动语态)
A lot of information ________ ________ stored in the computer.
Part 3 Reading and Writing（第三部分 读写）
VIII. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False (判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): ( 7分)
Flying kites is great fun and it’s easy if you know something about kites. So join in the fun, the sky is big enough for everyone!
The first thing you need to do is to get a kite. Delta (三角形的) and diamond (菱形的) kites fly well when there’s a breeze; box kites fly better when the wind gets a little stronger.
We fly different types of kites for different winds. We enjoy the different types of fun with each type. Before you fly your kite, be sure it is put together in a right way, or it may not fly.
Because we can do nothing about the wind, we have to watch for the right wind for our kite. The wind is best for most kites when leaves start to move, but before it really starts to blow.
Flying is fun when the wind is ok, so you can do more than just hold the line. You can make your kite dance across the sky if you pull in and let out the kite line. Remember the flying space should be a clear, open area. Open fields, parks and beaches are great for flying kites. Remember that as the wind goes over and around trees and buildings, it becomes difficult to fly kites in. Watch out for trees and buildings!
Think about others. If you tangle (绞) lines with another kite, don’t yank (猛拉) the line or it may break. You should walk together and see what you can do about it. You should be smart and safe when you fly kites. Don’t fly a kite near electric wires. Don’t fly a kite in the rain: electricity will travel along the wet kite line. Don’t use metal on a kite.
Flying is fun! And see you in the sky!
71. There isn’t enough sky for us to fly kites.
72. Delta and diamond kites fly well when there’s a typhoon.
73. Parks and beaches are the best places for us to fly kites.
74. We can do nothing about the wind and our kites sometimes.
75. If you tangle lines with another kite, you’d better not yank the line.
76. If it is going to rain, we mustn’t fly kites and should go home quickly.
77. From the passage we know that we can enjoy ourselves a lot when flying kites.
B. Choose the best answer (根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)
English families are usually small. The members of the family are simply Mum, Dad and the children. They don’t live together with their grandparents or unmarried aunts or uncles. And all the 初三英语 第3页 共8页
members in the family are very kind to each other. In the evenings, they often like to drink tea and watch TV.
English people are fond of their homes and families, their gardens and pets. They have all sorts of pets, such as dogs, cats and goldfish. They treasure friendship, too. They often invite their friends to dinner, but in a rather formal way. Yet they don’t like people to without a previous invitation. If invited to an English home, you get a cup of tea. Remember never refuse to drink tea when asked to.
English women are an important part of the nation. Besides doing housework, homemakers take part in social activities. As they are much more independent today, they can marry men they like and take up the jobs on their own wish.
Children are better cared for and far healthier. As soon as they leave school, they start their studies or jobs. They have government’s grants (助学金) which are enough for their keep. But they still stay with their parents a lot. They seem very close to them.
78. In an English family, children usually live together with their________.
A) parents B) grandparents
C) unmarried aunts D) unmarried uncles
79. In the evenings, English people like to ________ .
A) chat with friends online B) surf the internet
C) visit friends D) drink tea and watch TV
80. Which of the following is NOT true to English people? ________
A) Raising pets, such as dogs, cats and goldfish.
B) Hoping that their friends would come to dinner.
C) Inviting friends to come to dinner.
D) Taking care of their homes and cooking dinner.
81. The underlined phrase “drop in” in Paragraph Two probably means “________”.
A) visit somebody B) fall down
C) break into a house D) go away
82. Besides housework, what else do English women do? ________
A) Doing washing and sewing. B) Cooking meals for husband and children.
C) Taking part in social activities. D) Marrying men they dislike.
83. From the passage we know that English children today are ________.
A) worse cared for but much healthier than before
B) better cared for but less healthy as they were before
C) as well as cared for and as healthy as they were before
D) better cared for and even healthier than before
84. After English children leave school, they ________.
A) won’t have government’s grants B) don’t stay with their parents
C) start their jobs or studies D) seldom go back home
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage (14分)
Everyone needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend to talk, laugh and do things with. Surely, there are times when we need to be alone. We don’t always want 初三英语 第4页 共8页
people around. But we would feel if we never had a friend.
No two people are friends don’t get along well. That doesn’t mean that they no more like each other. Most of the time they will go on being friends. Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very sad. We miss them very much. But we can them up and write to them. Maybe we would never see them again. And we can make new friends. It is surprising to find out we like new people until we get to know them. Families sometimes name their children after a close friend. Many places are named after men and women, if they are people in a town. Some libraries are named this way. are some schools. We think of these people and then we go to these places.
There’s more good news for people, if they have friends. These people live longer than those people who don’t have friends. stay well. Or it could be just knowing that someone cares. If someone cares about you, you take better care of yourself.
85. A) alone B) lonely C) happy D) friendly
86. A) different B) kind C) the same D) safe
87. A) ring B) come C) get D) bring
88. A) how many B) how often C) how much D) how soon
89. A) afraid of B) interested in C) harmful to D) friendly to
90. A) So B) And C) These D) Neither
91. A) When B) Who C) What D) Why
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words (14分)
Years ago, if a teenager had some problems in his life, he might write in his diary. Now a teenager with the problems might go onto the Internet and write about them in a blog(博客). In many ways, a dairy and a blog are almost the same. But what makes a blog different from a diary?
than a diary. Usually, a teenager to the writer that day.
I have a little sister, and sometimes I go online to read her blog. She writes about things like for her chemistry exam. When I was her age, I wrote about the same things, but only in my diary. Then, after I finished that my sister might read it!
Because a blog is such a public way of writing, it has both good and bad points. The biggest can read what you write. If I am angry with a friend during school and write something bad about her in my dairy, she will never know it. However, if my sister writes something bad about a friend, that friend may read her blog and get angry. So we have to be very careful of what we write.
A blog has good points, of course. People choose to write in blogs because they know that their friends will read what they write. For example, if my sister writes something in blogs, her friends will quickly reply and tell her how much they like her. Blogs help people stay in contact with their 初三英语 第5页 共8页
around them are doing.
If people are careful about what they write, blogs are a very good way to write about everyday life. However, I still prefer my old diary!
E. Answer the questions (根据短文内容，回答下列问题): ( 14分)
When you cut your skin, you bleed(流血). If a person loses a lot of blood, he will become ill and may die. People have always known the importance of blood.
When doctors understand how blood goes around inside the body, they try ways of giving blood to people who need it. They take blood from the healthy people and give it to people who need it. This is called “blood transfusion”. The blood goes from the arm of the healthy person into the arm of the sick people.
But there are two problems. First, it does not always work. Sometimes people die when they have blood transfusion. Later, doctors find that we do not all have the same kind of blood. There are four groups ---- O, A, B and AB. We all have blood of one of these groups. Doctors also find that they can give any kind of blood to people of group AB. But they find they must give A-group blood to A-group people and B-group blood to B-group people. I have O-group blood and the doctor told me that I could give blood to anyone else safely.
This is another problem. To give blood of the right kind, doctors have to find a person of the right blood group. Often they cannot find a person in time. If they have a way to keep the blood until someone needs it, they can always have the right kind of blood. At first they find they can keep it in bottles for fifteen to twenty days. They do this by making it very cold. They find how to keep it longer. Then doctors find a way of keeping blood for a very long time.
We all call a place where we keep money a “bank”. We call a place where we keep blood a “blood bank”. One day, when you grow up, you may decide to give blood to a “blood bank”. In this way you may stop someone from dying. Or perhaps one day you may become ill, you may need blood. The “blood bank” will give it to you.
99. What is “blood transfusion?
100. Why do people sometimes die when they have blood transfusion?
101. How many groups of blood are there?
102. Can doctors give any kind of blood to AB-group people?
103. How can doctors keep blood for a long time?
104. Why do people set up the blood bank?
105. What may you do when you grow up?
IX. Writing (作文): (共18分)
106. Write at least 60 words about the topic “Sports and my life”. （以“体育锻炼和我的生活”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
The following points are for your reference：(所给提示仅供参考)
1. What’s your favourite sport?
2. How do you play it in your free time?
3. How does the sport influence(影响) your life?
初三英语 第6页 共8页