Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法)
Ⅴ. Choose the best answer(选择最恰当的答案): (共26分) 31. I’m sorry that I have missed ______ “m” in the word “swimming”. A) a 2008. A) in A) she A) vegetables A) thousand A) met with from
37. All the following are traffic signs except ______.
38. ---Do you like talking with your friends on the telephone or the mobile phone? --- ______. I enjoy using QQ.
A) either A) enough easy
B) both B) easy enough
C) neither C) enough easily
D) none D) easily enough
39. It’s ______ to work out this problem. You needn’t go to ask the teacher. 40. ---Who’s your ______ friend in your class? ---I think Lucy is.
B) an C) the D) /
32. China’s 24th science research team arrived at Changcheng Station ______ January 5,
B) at B) Jane B) fruit B) thousand of B) heard about
C) on C) her C) meat C) thousands of C) got news from
D) by D) hers D) eggs
D) two thousand of D) received a letter
33. Your bedroom is very big, but ______ is rather small.
34. There aren’t any ______ in the fridge. Let’s go and buy some peas, carrots and cabbages. 35. In our city, ______ middle school students want to work as a teacher in the future. 36. I haven’t A) B) C) D)
A) good A) do it soon A) What
B) better B) don’t hurry B) What a
C) best C) don’t be late C) How
第 1 页 共 1 页
D) the best D) be quick D) How a
42. ______ carefully he writes in his notebook!
43. --- Our class won the English speaking contest. --- Congratulations! You ______ be very proud of it.
A) can A) and A) before
B) need B) so B) after
C) would C) or C) though
D) must D) then D) until
44. When you are learning English, use it, ______ you will lose it. 45. You should make a good plan ______ you do anything important. 46. ---Why didn’t you come to his birthday party yesterday afternoon? ---I ______ a wonderful football match. A) watch A) to
B) am watching B) for
C) was watching C) with
D) will watch D) on
47. Good health depends ______ exercise and getting enough sleep.
48. It seems that it is going to rain. You’d better ______ the windows open when leaving the house.
B) not leave
C) to leave
D) not to leave
49. --- Look! The light is still on in Mr Zhang’s office. --- I’m afraid he ______ his work yet.
A) doesn’t finish A) say
B) didn’t finish B) speak
C) hasn’t finished C) tell
D) won’t finish D) talk
50. People usually ______ “hello” to each other when they make a phone call. 51. ---In China plastic bags ______ in the supermarket now. ---Yes, people should use environmental bags.
A) can use nearby.
A) used to A) forgot
B) be used to B) lost
C) use to C) left
D) be used D) missed
53. Sorry, I ______ the key to the door of the classroom at home. I have to go back for it. 54. --- May I come in? I’m sorry I am late.
--- Come in, please. But could you please tell me ______?
A) why you are late again C) why you were late again ---Oh, really? ______.
A) It’s OK with me
B) It doesn’t matter
C) Don’t be sorry
D) I don’t care
56. --- ______
--- Hold on for s moment, please.
B) can be used C) can’t use D) can’t be used
52. While travelling, you should give yourself a day to ______ the time and know the way
B) why are you late again D) why were you late again
55. ---I’m sorry. I broke your cup.
A) Hello! Can I look for Tom? B) Hello! Are you Tom?
第 2 页 共 2 页
C) Hello! Could I speak to Tom? D) Hello! Is Tom in?
Ⅵ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给
57. I am just waiting for Charles to introduce ___________ to all the people here. (he)
58. Could you tell me if you live on the ___________ floor of that highrise? (twelve)
59. He has never met a ___________ who can speak such perfect Chinese. (foreign)
60. The experience in the army for two years is really ___________ to him indeed. (help)
61. Though Jim is not so good at history, he has done ___________ than before. (good)
62. If you concentrate on what you read, you can ___________ it easier. (memory)
63. I don’t want to buy anything in the store. Everything here is too ___________. (expense)
64. Mary is the most ___________ member in the school dancing group. (act)
Ⅶ. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空
65. Kitty has an important history exam tomorrow morning. (改为否定句)
Kitty _________ _________ an important history exam tomorrow morning.
66. Few people knew how to use the Internet in the past. (改为反意疑问句)
Few people knew how to use the Internet in the past, _________ _________?
_________ _________ do you and your family go back to your hometown?
68. CCTV has held a charity show to raise money for the people in the disaster. (改为被动语态)
A charity show has _________ _________ to raise money for the people in the disaster.
69. Jane doesn’t know what she should say at the party. (改为简单句)
Jane doesn’t know _________ _________ say at the party.
70. The east food and the west food are quite different. (保持句意基本不变)
There are many differences _________ the east food _________ the west food.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
Ⅷ. Reading comprehension(阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (7分)
第 3 页 共 3 页
71. Angel has written to Dr Jackson because her parents can’t understand her.
72. Angel has more freedom than her friends, such as staying out as late as her friends do.
73. According to Dr Jackson, Angel’s problem isn’t common, but it is natural.
74. Dr Jackson thinks Angel should be different from the other teenagers.
75. Dr Jackson’s advice to Angel is to discuss her problem with her parents.
76. Angle should show her parents that she is a responsible person.
77. It is not necessary to have the communication between parents and Children.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): (7分)
Almost every day, we discuss the topic of health, especially for kids. But what is health? “Health” means eating well, getting enough exercise, and having a healthy weight. Let’s read the following rules. They can help you stay healthy.
第 4 页 共 4 页
eating fruits and vegetables can help us stay healthy, but many of us only eat our favorite food. Remember that we can only get the nutrition we need by eating different kinds of food, especially fruits and vegetables.
? Drink water and milk most often. Everyone knows that water is important. Besides that,
kids need plenty of calcium（钙）to grow strong bones, and milk has a lot of it. Every day, you should drink at least three cups of milk when you are 9 years old or older. You should also try to have less sugary drinks, like soda and cola. They include a lot of added sugar. Sugar just adds calories, not important nutrition.
? Listen to your body. When you are eating, notice how your body feel. When your
stomach feels comfortably full, stop eating. Eating too much makes you feel uncomfortable. If you do it too often, it can make you unhealthy and fat.
? Limit screen time. What’s screen time? It’s the amount of time you spend watching TV,
movies, and playing computer games. The more time you spend on these sitting-down activities, the less time you spend playing sports, like basketball, and doing other activities like bike riding and swimming. Try to spend no more than 2 hours a day on screen time.
78. According to the passage, “health” includes all of the following expect.
A) Eating well B) doing more exercises D) wearing comfortably B) various D) main B) two cups of milk C) having a healthy weight A) a little C) common A) one cup of milk 79. The underlined phrase “a variety of” means “English. 80. As a kid, you should eat at least every day to grow strong bones.
C) three cups of milk D) four cups of milk
81. It’s important and necessary for us to drink often.
A) Water B) Cola
C) Soda D) All of them
82. is the proper way for us to keep healthy.
A) Eating our favorite food C) Watching TV any time you want B) Having sugary drinks most often D) Playing sports 83. Which of the following is not true? A) We can get the nutrition by eating more fruits and vegetables. B) We should eat and drink something with less sugar. C) When we are full, we should stop eating. D) We should spend more time on sitting-down activities.
84. What’s the best title for the passage?
第 5 页 共 5 页
A) How to Eat Healthily C) Tips for Staying Healthy
B) Eating and Playing Are Both Important D) Health Is Very Important
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):（14分）
In the United States, it is not usual to telephone someone early in the morning. If you telephone him early in the day, while he is shaving or having breakfast, the time of the call shows that the matter is very important and attention at once. So it is with the telephone calls made after 11:00 pm. If someone receives a call during hours, he may think that it’s a matter of and death. The time chosen for the call is very important.
In social life, plays a very important part. In the USA guests usually feel unhappy if they get the invitation to a dinner party only three or four days before the party date. But it is not true in all countries. In other areas of the world, it may be considered foolish to make an appointment too early because plans, which are made for a date more than a week earlier, may be by guests.
The meaning of time is not in different cultures. Being on time is valued highly in American life, for example. If people are not on time, they may be regarded as or not fully responsible. In the USA no one would think of keeping a business friend waiting for an hour, it would not be polite. A person who is 5 minutes late is expected to make an apology. If he is more than 5 minutes late, he will have to say a few words of explanation. 85. A) needs 86. A) eating 87. A) rest 88. A) day
89. A) accepted 90. A) different 91. A) careful
B) getting up B) work B) time
B) remembered B) the same B) necessary
C) takes C) drinking C) life C) week C) forgotten C) correct C) impolite
D) asks D) sleeping D) news D) month D) refused D) late
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):（14分） As young students, you have many dreams. These dreams can be very big, such as winning the Nobel Prize; they can also be , such as becoming one of the best students in your class.
Once you find a dream, what do you do with it? Do you ever Andrew Matthews, an Australian writer, tells us that making
第 6 页 共 6 页
try to make your dream come true?