(满分150分，考试时间100分钟) 2010年1月 Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar （第二部分 词汇和语法） V. Choose the best answer.（选择最恰当的答案）(共26分)
31. More and more foreign students come to China to learn ______ Chinese.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
32. Shall we take the night flight ______ 11:00 p.m.? It?s much cheaper.
A) at B) for C) on D) in
33. I like my maths teacher. It?s very kind of ______ to help me with my maths every weekend.
A) he B) him C) his D) himself
34. ______ good weather! Let?s go boating on the lake.
A) What a B) What C) How D) So
35. What a pity that Tina has made ______ mistakes in the English test.
A) just little B) quite a few C) few D) a little
36. Ben likes robots best. He often says that ______ is more interesting than robots.
A) something B) anything C) nothing D) everything
37. Mary keeps walking here and there before talking in front of class. She ______ be very nervous.
A) can B) need C) must
38. In the picture, the ______ one from the left is Jingjing.
A) first B) second C) fourth D) should D) fifth
39. –Which do you like better, French fries or hamburgers?
-- ______. I just like Chinese food.
A) Both B) Neither C) Either D) All
40. ______ you improve your writing,you?ll lose marks in the exam.
A) Before B) Because C) Unless D) Although
41. As we all know, Mount Qomolangma (珠穆朗玛峰) is ______ mountain in the world.
A) high B) higher C) highest D) the highest
42. There is a Chinese saying “Good medicine tastes_______, but it?s good for your health.”
A) bad B) badly C) good D) well
43. Aunt Polly told me that I must draw the farmer?s painting ______ great care.
A) at B) with C) of D) about
44. Colours can change our moods(情绪) and make us _____ happy or sad, active or sleepy. 初三英语 第1页 共8页
A) to feel B) feeling C) feels D) feel
45. Please tell us ______ to find the nice restaurant you mentioned last time.
A) what B) how C) how many D) which
46. Hong Kong Disneyland _______ millions of visitors since it opened to the public.
A) attracted B) attracts C) has attracted D) will attract
D) travelled 47. As a new driver, you must drive your car_______. A) slow B) slowly C) clear 48. When I was young, my dream was ______ around the world. A) travel B) to travel C) travels
49. You?ll remember to get all the things if you______a shopping list.
A) writes B) wrote C) will write D) write
50. These days I keep ______ for the information about the A-H1N1 Flu on the Internet.
A) searching B) to search C) search
51. – What are you ______?
– My exercise book. Have you seen it anywhere?
A) looking for
B) reading for C) caring for D) searched D) preparing for “______”. A) need B) allow C) sell D) make “______”.
A) explain B) change C) achieve D) improve
54. The policeman showed the foreign visitors ______.
A) where is Yu Garden B) where was Yu Garden
C) where Yu Garden is D) where Yu Garden was
55. –Would you like me to bring you a cup of coffee?
A) Yes, I?d like to. B) It?s a pleasure. C) Yes, please. D) It doesn?t matter.
56. A: I am terribly sorry, but I?ve broken your MP3.
A) You?re welcome. B) That?s all right.
C) Of course not. D) It?s my pleasure.
VI. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词
57. My mother bought many fresh ________ from the market this morning. (potato)
58. Our family will have a big party to celebrate my son?s ________ birthday. (twenty)
59.Why are you looking at ________in the mirror, Lo? (you)
60. My father is over fifty and he is of average ________. (high)
61. My grandparents become ________ when they are getting old. (forget)
62. Sunshine Estate is very nice, but now it?s ________ to find a new flat there. (possible)
63. One basic way to ________ things better is to use the link method. (memory)
初三英语 第2页 共8页
64. Healthy food and enough exercise are essential for our brain to work ________. (proper) VII. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求， 改写下列句子。每空格
65. He needs much money to buy the big blue vase. (改为否定句)
He ________ ________ much money to buy the big blue vase. 对划线部分提问)
________ ________ the young hunter make a fire?
67. Tom's never been to Puji Island for holiday.（改为反意疑问句）
Tom's never been to Puji Island for holiday, ________ ________?
68. Jack hasn?t decided whether he?ll attend the meeting. (改为简单句)
Jack hasn?t decided ________ _________ attend the meeting.
69.The workers will build another bridge across the Huangpu River. (改为被动语态) Another bridge across the Huangpu River will ________ ________.
70. Giving up a bad habit is more difficult than starting it（保持原句意思）
It is ________ to start a bad habit ________ to give it up.
Part 3 Reading and Writing（第三部分 阅读和写话） Ⅷ. Reading comprehension ( 阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”
表示): ( 7分)
My friend Alice decided to be a nurse when she was four years old. She always
wanted to play as “doctor and nurse” with her playmates. When she left school last
year, she still wanted to be a real nurse. One day she saw an advertisement in the
? DO YOU WANT TO HELP PEOPLE?
? STUDY NURSING
? SEND THIS FORM TO US FOR MORE INFORMATION
Alice filled in the form with her name and address. She cut it out and posted it at once. Last September, she started her study in a big hospital in Newcastle. She had to work very hard. She went to classes every day and studied late into the night. The really important day came: her first day in a ward (病房). At last she was really helping sick people, not just sitting in classes or learning from books.
At first, student nurses do lots of small jobs in the ward. They help to serve meals, or wash the patients. They also keep the ward tidy and make the beds. They cannot give injections（注射）or help the doctors. One of Alice?s first jobs was in a ward of old people. She was told to clean all the patients? false teeth. She collected all the teeth and took them to the bathroom. Instead of cleaning each set of teeth one by one, she put them all into one big bowl.
“It?ll be quicker this way,” she said to herself. “Then I can give back everyone?
s teeth in a 初三英语 第3页 共8页
Give back everyone?s teeth! Alice stood in the middle of the ward with her big bowl of teeth. She had no idea which teeth belonged to which old man! You can imagine the confusion(混乱) the next half hour when each patient had to find his own teeth.
71. Alice will finish school soon.
72. She decided to be a nurse as a child.
73. She really became a nurse with the help of a newspaper advertisement.
74. Alice studied nursing before she worked in a hospital.
75. Student nurses usually do lots of small jobs and help the doctors in the ward.
76. Alice cleaned each set of false teeth one by one very carefully.
77. She managed to give back the false teeth in a few minutes.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): ( 7分)
A) 2 B)3 C) 5 D)7
初三英语 第4页 共8页
79. Helen?s problem is about her _________.
A) classmates B) study C) homework D) parents
80. Gimbya complains about his_________ in his blog.
A) pet B) friend C) teacher D)brother
81. _________ has the same problem as Gimbya.
A) George B) Aisha C) Helen D) Simon
82. _________ don?t agree with Helen. They think she should change her idea.
A)Tom and Emily B) Emily and Simon
C) Simon and Tom D) Tom and Aisha
83. In Simon?s opinion, _________.
A) children should be up-to-date
B) students needn?t wear school uniforms
C) parents should do all the housework for children
D) children should help to do the housework
84. From the blog, we can guess that an A) ready for asking you for help all the time
B) quite helpful when you have any problem
C) no longer a good friend as before
D) hardworking and honest
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文):（14分）
Each year, thousands of Chinese middle school students go to study in foreign countries such as the US, the UK, Australia and Japan.
Chen Yi, a Chinese writer who has lived in America for 16 years, told
more than 300 parents and their children that life in foreign countries can
for young people. “ They have to meet a culture shock (冲突)
and language problems.”
these are not the most difficult things. To most children,
looking after themselves when studying alone in a foreign country is a big
Zhang Jia, a 16-year-old student, began to study in a high school in Sydney last October. To his surprise, his teachers students to study. And usually there wasn?t homework. “With these education systems, we have time and more space for thinking,” said Zhang. “But if you don?have an easy time.” Some of his friends spent their whole year?s money in the first two months of the term, and they didn?t pass their exams.
“Studying abroad at a young age can help students learn foreign broaden(拓宽) their minds, but students and parents should know about the challenges. Before
in foreign countries. Make sure that you are ready 初三英语 第5页 共8页
for it.” 85. A) sad 86. A) However 87. A) ever 88. A) busy 89. A) have 90. A) late 91. A) entrance
B) happy B) Luckily B) hardly B) safe B) plan B) fast B) chance C) easy C) Suddenly C) almost C) boring C) make C) carefully C) experience D) hard
D) For example D) nearly D) free D) take D) slowly D) difference
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当 词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):（14分）
On a snowy evening, a rich lady was standing by the road. She was worried. Her car had down. Just then a poor man named Robert came. He was on his way back home from work as usual.
The lady wondered, "Is the man going to kill me? He looks very c 93 and hungry." But to her surprise, he stopped and said with a smile. "Can I help you, madam?" The lady told him what was happening.
After forty minutes, the car was at last fixed by Robert. The lady wanted to pay him. "No, that is madam." he said, "I was just helping someone in you really want to pay me back, I hope whenever you see someone in trouble, you should give him a hand."
A few minutes later, the lady saw an old house by the road. She remembered Robert's words, she stopped. The hostess(女主人)warmly asked her in. The lady could see that was a poor family and that they needed help. When the hostess was making tea in the kitchen, the lady
Robert came home later than before, thinking how hard their life was. Their baby was to be kiss and said softly, "Don't worry, dear! Everything's going to be all right. A stranger has helped us out!"
Let's always be ready to help others because helping others is helping ourselves. F. Answer the questions （根据短文内容回答下列问题）（14分）
The most frightening words in the English language are “Our computer is down”. The other day I was at the airport waiting for a ticket to Washington and the girl in the ticket office said, “I?m sorry, I can?t sell you a ticket. Our computer is down.”
“If your computer is down, just write me out a ticket.”
“I can?t write you out a ticket. The computer is the only one allowed to do so.”
I looked down the counter and every passenger was just standing there
drinking coffee and looking at the black screen. Then I asked her, “What do all of your people do?”
“We give the computer the information about your trip, and then it tells us whether you can fly with us or not.”
初三英语 第6页 共8页