上海市奉贤区2010学年第一学期初三英语一模试卷 Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar（第二部分 词汇与语法）
V. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26 分)
31. Chen Dashan, _______ old man, often gets up early in the morning to pick leaves in Longjin.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
32. People in western countries hang wreaths(花环) on the window ________ Christmas.
A) in B) on C) at D) of
the five Olympic rings.
A) of B) in C) like D) as
34. My cousin made ________ mistakes in the test. His mother wasn't satisfied with his study.
A) no B) a little C) few D) quite a few
35. It's quite early. We ________ worry about the time
A) needn't to B) needn't C) don't need D) not need
36. Young students ought to learn to lend a hand to ________ when they are in difficulties.
A) one B) the other C) another D) others
37. Can you guess who is doing the homework ________ , Mike or Johnson?
A) more careful B) more carefully C) most carefully D) most careful
38. _________ freezing weather it is today! Please put on more clothes.
A) What B) What a C) Howa D) How
39. I will give him the news as soon as he ________ back from Beijing tomorrow.
A) come B) will come C) comes D) came
40. Good service _________ by China during the World Expo in Shanghai in 2010.
A) provided B) has provided C) was provided D)has been provided 41 .By the end of last week, Mr. and Mrs. Simon ________ many cities and towns in China
A) have visited B) visited C) had visited D) will visit
42. — It's getting colder and colder. It's difficult to get up earlier in the morning.
—You should try ________ late next time. You can leave a bit earlier.
A) to be not B) don't be C) not to be D)be no
43. Warn Michael _______ the light before he leaves the room.
A) to turn off B) turning off C) turns off D) turn off
44. Computers will ________ without any anti-virus software (防病毒软件)
A) go wrong B) go ahead C) go back D) go over
45. The red traffic light is on. You can't go ________ the road.
A) through B) across C) over D) by
46. He always ________ his friends about everything. In fact, he has no ideas of his own.
A) makes fun of B) laughs at C) cares for D) agrees with
47. Because of the snow, students prefer _______ outside to _______ in the classroom.
A) playing... staying B) play... staying C) play... stay D) playing... stay
48. To everyone' surprise , a little girl named Zhang Fengxi _______copy Zhou Libo's voice and actions lively.
A) must B) can C)should D) may
49. Entering a key senior high school sounds ________ .I hope to succeed
第 1 页 共 1 页卓越的淘宝试卷交流店铺 http://shop61911876.taobao.com
A) terrible B) wonderfully C) terribly D) wonderful
50. Don't throw waste paper on the ground. Please ________ .
A) pick them up B) pick up them C) pick up it D) pick it up
51. Linda was so careless that she forgot to have the money with her. She couldn't ________ a taxi
to walk home after class.
A) achieve B) accept C) afford D) allow
52. ________ Liu Wei lost his arms, he practices playing the piano to make his dream come true.
A) Since B) Although C)When D) Because
A) how Tom finished the painting B) how Tom finishes the painting
C) when did Tom finish the painting D) where Tom has finished the painting
54. We can find fewer cormorant fishing activities in the society. The underlined part
A) recent B) simple C) perfect D) real
55.—Shall we go to see the film "Orphan of Zhao" at Nanqiao Cinema tomorrow evening?
—A) Never mind. B) Of course. C) Yes, you will. D) That's a good idea.
56.—Hi, Ben. You look so busy .Anything I can do for you?
—, but I can manage.
A) Thank you .The same to you. B) I'm afraid you can't.
C) Thank you very much. D) Yes, please help me.
VI. Complete the sentence with the given words in their proper forms(用括号中所给单词的
57. As we all know, most students of the ________ grade seldom communicate with their parents.
58. This is not my mobile phone. It's ________ . (he)
59. Susan forgot to close the window yesterday. Two _________ (thief) got into her house.
60. The start of the Seventh Asian Winter Games in Kazakhstan（哈萨克斯坦）will be the _______ (begin) of a new sports year.
61. Teachers and parents often teach their children to be ________ to others. (friend)
62. Jane has told us that Korea is one of the ________ countries she has ever traveled. (far)
63. A good teacher never jumps to _______ to comment on the students. (conclude)
64. It's_________ to improve our English without enough practice. (possible)
VII. Rewrite the sentences as required (根据要求改写下列句子，每空格限填一词): (共12分)
65. ________________ His father knows something about how to create comic strips. (改为否
His father __________ know _________ about how to create comic strips.
you interview some of her neighbors?
66. You write all the answers on the answer sheet. (改为被动语态)
on the answer sheet.
67. Alice does sports after school. Ben has sports after school, too. (保持句意不变 )
第 2 页 共 2 页卓越的淘宝试卷交流店铺 http://shop61911876.taobao.com
VIII. Reading Comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
True or False(判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (7分)
Birthdays are celebrated (庆祝) all over the world. Some ways to celebrate birthdays are rather similar from country to country: candles, cakes, and birthday wishes. But there are also different
第 3 页 共 3 页卓越的淘宝试卷交流店铺
It was an autumn day in Britain, but it was very cold. A big snow fell and we had not done anything for its coming. On that special day, Prana went outside and I watched him through the window. I noticed that he was madly digging (挖) holes and bringing the apples to the ground so they could be seen above the snow. I did not know why he was doing this. He seemed to want to do something special.
When I called him back, he had his usual one apple in his mouth. About five minutes later, I looked outside. The garden was completely covered with birds. Prana had dug up all those apples for his bird friends to eat. He knew that they wouldn't have stored enough food for the coming winter! (220)
Choose the best answer (根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): (7分)
78. Prana was _________ .
A. the writer B. a boy C. a bird D. a dog
79. I wasn't always happy because _________ .
A. Prana loved apples
B. Prana caught an apple and ate it
C. the apples fell on the ground and were dirty
D. Prana brought the dirty apples into the house
80. The story took place in _________ in Britain.
A. spring B. summer C. autumn D. winter
81. On the snowy day, Prana _________ .
A. ate up all the apples
B. dug holes to put the apples in them
C. brought the apples under the snow to the ground
D. left the house and died
82. The birds flew to the garden to _________ .
A. eat the apples B. look for Prana
C. make new homes D. store food for the winter
83 Which of the following is not TRUE?
A The writer remembers the time they spent together.
B The writer has two apple trees in the garden.
C The writer watched Prana outside the house
D The writer called Prana back, with an apple in his mouth.
84. The topic of the story is about _________ .
A. apples B. love C. animals D. life
Around the world, people have different ideas about what good are.
When you go to restaurants in different parts of the world, it's important to know the right and wrong things to do. For example, in China it's OK to a lot of noise in a restaurant. As a matter of fact, if a restaurant isn't noisy and lively, you may think there's something wrong with it. However, in many western countries, restaurants are quiet places. , if a table is too loud, other people who are eating there might even complain to the owner of the restaurant.
Paying the bill is also different from country to country. In China, one person usually pays for . In western countries, one person pays if he or she is one of the entertaining clients, but
第 4 页 共 4 页卓越的淘宝试卷交流店铺 http://shop61911876.taobao.com
friends eat together, they usually share the cost. This is called "going Dutch". Also, when westerners pay the bill, they usually leave some money for the waiter. This is called "leaving a tip". Leaving a tip is thought to be polite. In the US, it's to leave tips of 10%, 15%, or 20% of the bill, which is decided by how good the service is. Good waiters can make a lot of money!
The way people eat food is different in the world, but you can the same kinds of food in many countries. Chinese and Italian food, for example, are popular all over the world. (242)
C) Choose the words or expressions to complete the passage(选择最恰当的单词或词语，完成短文):(14分)
85. A. signs B. rules C. manners D. choices
86. A. cause B. keep C. hear D. make
87. A. In fact B. At most C. In return D. In all
88. A. everybody B. nobody C. somebody D. none
89. A. until B. when C. because D. since
90. A. terrible B. common C. serious D. unusual
91. A. invent B. discover C. prefer D. find
D) Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给):(14分)
We love obento (便当)!
It's time for lunch! Today we have obento. In fact, "obento" is a n for lunch in Japanese. It’s tasty, healthy and eye-catching.
There are some interesting rules in an obento. First, rice is separated from the other dishes. So the rice won't pick up any other flavors(口味there is the main dish and the two side dishes. The main dish can be anything from dumplings, to fried chicken, to fish. And the side dish can be anything, like salad.
During obento making, you must learn to combine (结合) the food colors of red, yellow, and green. The red food will make people feel hungry, the yellow food is usually healthy, and the good obento.
Nowadays the obento plays an part in Japanese life. When a class goes for an
filled with love, just as a mother said, "I remember my mother making obento for me. Now I make the same love."(200)
Grow up or grow, old
When the new term came, 1 had a new classmate, a little old lady with a warm smile. She
said, "Hi, handsome! I'm Rose. I'm 87 years old. Can I give you a hug? I said heartily, "Of course!"
Why are you in college at such an age? I asked.
She joked, "I'm here to meet a rich husband, get married, have children, and then travel around."
第 5 页 共 5 页卓越的淘宝试卷交流店铺 http://shop61911876.taobao.com