Part 2 Vocabulary and Grammar (第二部分 词汇和语法)
Ⅴ. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案): (共26分)
31. Most of the boys in my class like to play basketball after school.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
32. The 16th Asian Games ended in Guangzhou November 27, 2010.
A) in B) on C) at D) with
33. There’s something wrong with my bicycle. Can I borrow ?
A) you B) your C) yours D) yourself
34. Jack is an overweight kid. He usually eats a lot of for lunch and dinner.
A) meat B) apple C) egg D) potato
35. China's Got Talent (达人秀) became one of A) popular B) more popular C) much more popular D) the most popular
36. interesting story it is! I want to read it for a second time.
A) What B) What a C) What an D) How
37. Teresa has got two pets. One is a white cat, and is a yellow dog.
A) other B) the other C) others D) another
38. Paul has a voice and his dream is to become a pop singer some day.
A) happily B) quietly C) beautifully D) lovely
39. Since most students understand the sentence, the teacher had to explain it.
A) mustn’t B) shouldn’t C) couldn’t D) needn’t
40. The food in this restaurant is very delicious, it is too expensive.
A) for B) or C) so D) but
41. I wasn’t able to remember these difficult words I had tried very hard.
A) because B) though C) if D) when
42. The teachers in our school on a two-day trip to the mountains last weekend.
A) go B) goes C) went D) will go
43. “Sam, turn the music down! Your sister her homework in the next room now.” said the mother.
A) do B) did C) was doing D) is doing
44. Computers our life greatly since they came into use many years ago.
A) change B) have changed C) will change D) would change
45. Would you mind the window please? It’s too hot inside the room.
A) opening B) to open C) open D) opened
46. David often shares his teaching experience the rest of the teachers in his office.
A) to B) with C) on D) for
47. – will Amy come back from the United States of America?
– In about a week.
A) How far B) How fast C) How soon D) How often
A) careful B) pleased C) familiar D) busy
A) put up B) pick up C) look up D) take up
50. Sally can French very well, and she wants to work in France some day.
第 1 页 共 1 页 http://shop61911876.taobao.com/ 淘宝上卓越的试卷交流平台
A) say B) talk C) tell D speak
51. We all know that horses are animals in our daily life.
A) awful B) forgetful C) useful D) harmful
52. The government is trying hard to find a(n) to the traffic problem in big cities.
A) operation B) solution C) pollution D) occupation
53. It’s very cold outside. You’d better more clothes before you go out.
A) live on B) get on C) put on D) turn on
54. The students want to know A) when will they have the final examination
B) when they will have the final examination
C) when the final examination will they have
D) when the final examination they will have
55. －I’m really sorry I’ve broken your glass.
A) Of course. B) Yes, please. C) That’s all right. D) That’s right.
56. －We’re going to have a party. Would you like to join us?
A) Thanks. I’d love to come. B) I’m sorry to hear that.
C) Thank you all the same. D) Sorry, you can’t.
Ⅵ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词）: (共8分)
57. There were many wooden in Uncle Ben’s room . (box )
58. My sister Nancy is years old and she goes to a public school. (ninth)
59. Alice did very well in the final exams. She told me the good news 60. We must make a right now about what to do next . (decide)
61. We are supposed to finish all this work by tomorrow, but it’s 62. Sophia said that she would many friends to her birthday party. (invitation)
63. Mrs. Smith was talking to her son because he had done something wrong. (angry)
64. Jacky Cheung is a famous singer. It is for young people to be his fans. (nature)
Ⅶ. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。每空格限填一词）: (共12分)
65. Mary sent her friend a card to wish him a happy birthday. (改为一般疑问句)
Mary her friend a card to wish him a happy birthday?
66. Chris and Karen will go to Canada on a study trip next month. (改为反意疑问句)
Chris and Karen will go to Canada on a study trip next month, 67. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ has Lucy worked in this company since she graduated?
68. A big fire damaged a high-rise building in Shanghai two months ago . (改为被动语态)
A high-rise building ________ ________ by a big fire in Shanghai two months ago.
69. Sarah can’t understand the French film. Cindy can’t understand it, either. (合并为一句)
________ Sarah ________ Cindy can understand the French film.
70. It was too cold for the driver to get the engine started. (保持句意基本不变)
第 2 页 共 2 页 http://shop61911876.taobao.com/ 淘宝上卓越的试卷交流平台
It was ________ cold ________ the driver couldn’t get the engine started.
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
Ⅷ. Reading comprehension (阅读理解): (共56分)
A. True or False（判断下列句子是否符合短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示）: ( 7
Let’s show our love when we can and when people need us. That is something I learnt some
I saw a little boy daily near the Hanuman Temple, always in a white T-shirt and brown pants.
He sat with a basket of fresh flowers. At six in the morning or eight at night, he would try his very
hardest to sell his flowers.
I often went to the temple and each time the boy would beg me to buy a flower. But I never did. Even when I came out, he would follow me to my car, begging me to buy one at least.
I went back to the temple after a few months. The boy sat there. I thought that he would follow me. But he did not move.
I went inside the temple and came back. But the boy still didn’t try to sell his flowers. I thought he was angry or just showing his own self-respect (自尊).
I went to him. He looked at me but did not speak.
This was strange. I asked, “Hi, why are you not asking me to buy your flowers?” He said, “Why should I? You are rich but you can’t spend five dollars on my flower. My sister was suffering from cancer (患癌症) and I had to work to buy her medicine. My father left us. My mother plants the flowers and I sell them. We used the money for my sister’s medicine. She passed away two months ago. You can now take one for free.”
I bought them all. But I felt so small. I still feel sorry that I didn’t buy his flowers before his sister died.
71. The little boy the writer saw near the temple was always in a white T-shirt.
72. The little boy often went to the temple with some flowers to welcome the writer.
73. Each time the writer went to the temple, he would buy a flower from the boy.
74. When the writer went back to the temple a few months later, he saw the boy sitting there.
75. The boy didn’t follow the writer because he had already sold out all his flowers.
76. The boy and his mother tried hard to pay for his sister’s medicine a few months ago.
77. This story tells us that we should show our love when we can and when people need us.
B. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）: ( 7分)
It was a sunny summer Saturday. The sun shone down upon the grassland round Clover Farm.
Robby, the eldest of the farmer’s four children, was not happy.
“Come on, Robby, tell me the trouble,” called out his mother from the house where she was at
Robby answered, “Mother, I don’t want to take the children to the grassland. I want to please
“Who told you to take the children to the grassland --- Father?” Mother asked.
“Yes, it was. He said I was to take them to play on the grassland, and not to leave there until he came back from the market.”
“And what is it you want to do instead?”
“I want to go with my net down to Butterfly Corner. There will be lots of butterflies out this sunny day. And the other boys at school are all collecting. They have more than I do.”
第 3 页 共 3 页 http://shop61911876.taobao.com/ 淘宝上卓越的试卷交流平台
“Oh, dear! But I can guess why he gave those orders. He knew that this is a very busy day for me,” his mother said. “And as this is market-day at the town, he would be away until dinner time. So, you see, he has left you in charge. You are in Father’s place this morning to guard the farm and all of us, especially the little kids. Don’t you think it’s an honor to be so trusted (信任)?”
Something happened in Robby’s heart because of his mother’s words. He walked quietly away. After all, what were the butterflies compared with the kids left in his charge? “Hip, hip, hooray!” Robby cheered. He had won a victory --- over himself.
“Hi, Nettie! Hi, Dumps! Come along ! And where’s Baby ? We’re going to the grassland, and I’ll teach you to play a new game!” he shouted.
The four kids enjoyed a happy day.
At the dinner table, Father showed the family a new bike. He said to Robby, “Now I’ll tell you why I wanted you to stay at home this morning. It was for this surprise. Look, my boy! For weeks back I’ve been planning to buy this bicycle for you. Today I bought it, and it’s yours!”
For a few seconds Robby could not believe his eyes. The good, kind father had been planning for this boy’s pleasure! “Oh, Father!” he cried.
78. How many children does the family have ?
A) Two. B) Three. C) Four. D) Five.
79. Robby was not happy one summer Saturday because A) his mother was at work B) his mother had some trouble
C) he couldn’t go to the grassland D) he couldn’t collect butterflies
80. Father told Robby to A) help his mother with the housework B) take the kids to Butterfly Corner
C) take the kids to play on the grassland D) play with the other school boys
81. Why did Father give the orders to Robby ?
A) Robby’s mother was free that morning B) Father would be away from home
C) Robby would have a very busy day D) the kids wanted to collect butterflies
82. Robby changed his mind and became happy again .
A) after he had a talk with his mother B) because he would go to the town
C) after the kids went to the grassland D) because Father trusted the kids
83. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
A) Robby took the kids to the grassland and they had a good time.
B) Father came back from the town and bought Robby a new bicycle.
C) Father told Robby why he wanted him to stay at home that morning.
D) Robby knew that Father would buy him a new bike the day before.
84. The best title for this passage may be A) Life on Clover Farm B) A Victory over Himself
C) Collecting Butterflies D) Robby and the Three Kids
C. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文）:（14分）
Before meeting with my friend Leticia from Honduras, Central America, I would ask her if she was arriving according to North American time or Latin American time. Smiling, she would answer, “Latin American time, of course.” This meant that she would be . The concept (概念) of time is very different for Latin
第 4 页 共 4 页 http://shop61911876.taobao.com/ 淘宝上卓越的试卷交流平台
Americans and North Americans.
Life in the United States is fast-paced. Americans “The early bird gets the worm” and
“First come, first served”. North Americans even have their meals in an efficient (有效率的) way. Microwaves help heat up their early breakfasts, noon lunches, and five o’clock dinners.
Time is money for big businesses. Everyone follows schedules (时刻表). Minutes are taken at meetings that are planned. North Americans are proud of carrying out work and still finding time to spend with family and friends.
Latin Americans enjoy a slow life. In the cafes, the service is slow. Outside on the street, people walk by, not to lose weight, but to get somewhere. Buses arrive and leave on their own schedule, sometimes sooner or later than the scheduled time. And if you the bus, just wait. One will come along finally. Mid-morning breakfasts are homemade. Lunch is around three in the afternoon and dinner could be anytime. really follows a schedule. You seldom hear the question, “What time is it?”
If you don’t know the cultural , you may feel angry sometimes. In my opinion, people in the United States need to live less by the clock and enjoy more of their days. Although Latin Americans can sometimes be very frustrating (令人沮丧的), they tell us it’s good to be
and one should slow down enough to enjoy simple pleasure in life.
85. A) early B) sad C) late D) free
86. A) pretend B) believe C) see D) save
87. A) busy B) little C) no D) dangerous
88. A) drive B) find C) leave D) miss
89. A) Nobody B) Somebody C) Everybody D) Anybody
90. A) reasons B) differences C) problems D) news
91. A) different B) tidy C) angry D) patient
D. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给）:（14分）
A few days ago, Adrian bought six bottles of ink at a $1 Store. Then he found a deal (交易)on better ink at a the ink for some other things.
When he entered the store, he showed the bag of ink to a clerk and told her that he was returning some things. what to do, Adrian put the bag into a push-cart and started shopping.
He was shopping when a woman shop assistant stopped him. “Sir,” she said strictly, “you are not to carry a bag of things around in this store. What’s in this bag? Show me what’s in the bag!”
Adrian felt like a shoplifter (商店扒手). He looked around to see if anyone was paying attention. He opened the bag and showed her the six bottles of ink. “I’m returning these for some other things,” he said.
“ in the future you’ll learn how to follow store rules. Leave this bag here with the clerk. You can have your bag back when you check out.”
was. She said, “Ursula.”
When Adrian got home, he called the store. He described his experience to a man. The man said, “Our shop . Give me your phone number and I will call you back.”
Two days later, Adrian received a phone call from the man. “I’m sorry,” the man said, “but there’s no one at that store called Ursula. Can you describe her? I’ll find out who she is.”
By this time, Adrian had calmed down. He didn’t really want the shop assistant to lose her
第 5 页 共 5 页 http://shop61911876.taobao.com/ 淘宝上卓越的试卷交流平台