A) 听下面5段对话。每段对话后面有一个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。每
1. A. The classroom. B. The maths teachers’ office. C. The English teachers’ office.
2. A. About two years B. About one year C. About three years
3. A. Yes, she will B. No, she won’t C. Yes, she won’t
4. A. A teacher B. A doctor C. A student
5. A . Earthquake B. Typhoon C. Storm
B) 听下面3段对话或独白。每段对话和独白后有几个小题，从题中所给的A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项。每段对话或独白读两遍.
6. Where is Bob living now?
A. In a town.
B. In West Hills, a small town in California
C. In a village in the west of England
7. Which country are Bob’s travel books mainly (主要地)about ?
A. England B. Italy C. France
8. What did the woman buy four months ago?
A．A coat. B．A book. C．A blouse.
9. How much did it cost? And how much does it cost now?
A. Seventy—six yuan．I don’t know．
B. Seven point six yuan．I don’t know．
C. Sixty—seven yuan．Eight yuan．
D. Seventy yuan．Sixty yuan．
10. What was it made of?
11.What did Mrs. Henry have?
D．A skirt． C．Silk. D. Wool. A. An old cat. B. A young dog. C. A young cat. 12.When did the story happen？ A. A winter evening. B. A summer evening. C. A spring evening.
13.What was the weather like that day?
A. Rainy B. Snowy. A. She called her husband. C. She called a policeman. C. Sunny. B. She called her friend. 14.What did Mrs. Henry do for her lost pet?
15.Why did the policeman want to put down his telephone?
A. Because he didn’t want to listen to Mrs. Henry any more.
B. Because Mrs. Henry’s pet was trying to call her at that time.
C. Because Mrs. Henry’s pet came back at that time.
A) 单项填空 (共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
21. The car is moving _____ such _____ high speed that it can’t stop at once.
A. in, a B. in, 不填 C. at, a D. at, 不填
22. –-_____, living in the country is much better than living in big cities. ---_____.
A. By the way, I agree. B. In some ways, I agree with you.
C. In the way, I don’t agree. D. In some ways, I agree to you.
23. I am not good at playing the game because I’ve played it for only ____.
A. a few times B. a little time C. few times D. both A and B
24. Is he ______ the driving test this time?
A. enough lucky passing B. lucky enough passing
C. enough lucky to pass D. lucky enough to pass
25. I’m going to buy you some _______ in Chinese _______ as _______.
A stationeries, style, souvenir B. stationery, styles, souvenir
C. stationery, style, souvenirs D. stationeries, styles, souvenirs 26. ---Where ____ your English teacher _____ these days?
---How long ____ she _____ there?
---For 3 days.
A. has gone, has been B. has been, has been
C. has gone , has gone D. has been, has gone
27. ____ the end of the story, the main character ______.
A In, dead B. At, was die C. To, was dead D. At, died
28. The experience got in the trips is very different from _____ in work.
A. the one B. the ones C. it D. that
29. Simon asks me to look after his pet dog while he _____.
A. leaves C. will leave C. is away D. goes away
30. The new couple ______ for just about 2 months.
A. got married B. has married
C. has been married D. has got married
31. ---You can not get ______ done alone though you have a lot of abilities. --- You’re right. Actually I cannot get ______ done without your help.
A. everything, anything B. something, anything
C. anything, anything D. something, everything
32. Who are the people marching ______ the square?
A. through B. past C. by D. across [来源:Z§xx§k.Com]
33. The boy _____ be very hungry. He has eaten 2 hamburgers and wants ______.
A. can, the other one B. may, another one
C. must, one more D. should, one another
34. I know nothing about the accident _______he told me.
A. until B. when C. since D. if
35. ---Hey, look where you are going! --- Oh, I’m sorry. ________.
A. I’m not noticing B. I wasn’t noticing C. I haven’t noticed D. I don’t notice
When I was little, I wanted to play basketball for school. But I wasn’t good at it. I kept on trying, though. 故意) so I wouldn’t lose against him. One day, though, another boy shouted at my brother: ― Go away! You stink!‖ My brother had to keep playing.
Now five years later I start in my school’s basketball team. All my hard word has paid off.
and you must never stop trying.
Never giving up helped me in other ways too.
At school, when someone told me that algebra (代数) is too hard for me to understand, I decided not to give understand algebra well.
become a success, you’ll know that the reason you have become successful is that you never gave up.
36. A help B. teach C. best D. catch
37. A. shot B. hit C. miss D. get
38. A. wanted B. had C. agreed D. began
39. A. sad B. worried C. afraid D. lonely
40. A. knew B. found C. realized D. changed
41. A. off B. away C. down D. out
42. A. get B. have C. know D. find
43. A. did B. spent C. had D. took
44. A. hopes B. wants C. helps D. troubles
45. A. nearly B. luckily C. easily D. finally
Have you ever heard about the Whale Inside Dark Restaurant? The restaurant is in eastern downtown Beijing. It's the first eat-in-the-dark restaurant in China and also in Asia. The restaurant is so welcome, since it's open in January at jianwai SOHO in Chaoyang District.
People go there will experience darkness both during the day and the night. The restaurant offers not only a wonderful choice for food, but also a unique(特别的) environment for friends or parties.
Every day, Whale Inside receives at least 50 guests from everywhere around Beijing. About 10 per cent of them are foreigners.
The customers will go to the light to see the menu, and then they have to hand in all mobile phones, watches and other things that can give off light. They then move to the dark world. Waiters will lead them to the dark
dining area. Of course, the waiters are all wearing special glasses that can make them see in the dark. Customers cannot see anything including their food or friends. They have to look for their spoons, drinks and anything.
Every table may get a 'secret dish". The guests will have one chance to guess what the dish is made of. Every one who guesses it correctly can win a prize. 'It was not easy,' said the manager, 'because without seeing it, only 30 per cent of the guests can succeed in guessing it.
46. About _______foreign guests will visit the restaurant every day according to the passage.
A. 50 B. 5 C. 10 D. 500
47. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Guests there will have a chance to get a prize--a secret dish.
B. Every guest there will get a secret dish.
C. It's not easy to guess the secret dish without seeing it.
D. The manager said only 30 guests received the prize.
48. The passage mainly tells us that _______. A. eat in the dark is very popular today
B. it's strange to eat in the darkness
C. many people go to get the prize in Whale Inside
D. the first eat-in-the-dark restaurant is open in China and also in Asia.
By about 2020 a new company from India will be opening dollar stores all over the world to sell their products. They will be a huge success, selling a lot of big things for low prices.
At these stores, they will sell a car that is customized(定做) to the customer’s needs. So you will buy your car piece by piece. What’s the point of buying a top if you don’t need one? Why buy sides to your car if you want a good view? If you always drive alone, what’s the point of buying four seats? The solution is to buy only what you need; pay a dollar for each wheel, a dollar for the engine, a dollar for the floor, a dollar for a seat, and away you go. When it looks like rain, run back and buy a roof.
When winter comes you can buy the sides and top; or fold up what you have and store it. Reliability(可靠性 ) won’t be a problem because when something breaks down, just throw it away and buy a new one. When you get tired of the color of style, just replace it. While it may feel like you are always dishing out money, by the time you’ve done, you might only pay $12.00 for the entire car, so let’s not complain.
This store will be such a big hit in India.
49. Why does the writer say the stores will be successful?
A. The stores sell big things for low prices.
B. The stores are all over the world.
C. The stores sell cars customized to customers’ needs.
D. The stores are from India.
50. When something about the car breaks down, what can you do with it?
A. You can fold it up and take it home. B. You can run back to the store.
C. You can throw it away and buy a new one.
D. You can replace its colour and style.
51. Why does the writer ask us not to complain?
A. Because the entire car costs you so little as to $12.00.
B. Because the car has the color or style that you like.
C. Because when something breaks down, you can replace it with a little money.
D. Because you can be always dishing out money.
Try this: For a whole day, forget about the clock. Eat when you’re hungry and sleep when you’re tired. What do you think will happen?
You may be surprised to find that your day is much like most other days. You’ll probably get hungry when you normally eat and tired when you normally sleep. Even though you don’t know what time it is, your body does.
Inside our bodies are several clocklike systems that follow a 24-hour cycle. Everyone is unique, which is why you might like to stay up late while your sister always wants to go to bed early.
Regularly staying up late can make kids do worse on tests and quizzes. And working shifts at night leads to higher rates of heart disease.
―There is a growing sense that when we eat and when we sleep are important parts of how healthy we are,‖ says Steen Shea, Director of the Sleep Disorders Research program at Brigham and Women’s Hospital in Boston. ―During the night, we are prepared to sleep,‖ Shea says. ―During the day, we are prepared to eat and move around. If you reverse (逆转) what you are doing, everything is out of phase. That can have adverse (不利的) results.
52. Why do you feel surprised that our day is much like most other days?
A. We often have the same days.
B. We often do the same in a simple day.
C. We’ll probably get hungry when we normally eat and tired when we normally sleep.
D. Even though you don’t know what time it is, your body does.
53. What makes some like to stay up late while others go to bed early?
A. Our bodies. B. Our minds. C. The clock. D. Our unique system.
54. Steven Shea suggests ______.
A. when we eat, we are prepared to eat. B. when we sleep, we are prepared to sleep.
C. When we eat and when we sleep are important parts of how healthy we are.
D. we are prepared to follow clocklike system.
55. ―Everything is out of phase‖ means _____.
A. everything is out of order B. everything is bad
C. everything is good D. everything is not controlled
56. My dream is to travel ___________ (国外) to do further study.
57. The mother went out in a hurry, __________ (留下) her baby at home alone.
58. The computer can be used for __________ (设计) different things.
59. Knowledge is the most precious _________(财富) of all things.
60. Who are they talking with ___________(激动)?
61. These costumes must be one of the __________ (表演者).
62. Line 1 Underground will be in s__________ next month.
63. --What c_________ the serious accident this morning? –Maybe the bad weather.
64. This show attracts a large number of a__________.
65. There are going to be some e____________ about ancient Chinese dresses tomorrow.
Almost everyone loves travelling. _________________________________________________