3. If I win the game, I’d like each _________
4. The king and the old man ________ _________ 6.“I can see an empty field,”the young man said. _________
Task II 重点词语用法剖析。
1. I can only drink one glass of wine and the rest is yours.
2. Leave some of the food for the rest of us. 留些食物给我们其余的人。
3. They have a rest every two hours. 他们每两个小时休息一下。
通过观察可知，rest用作名词，意思是“其余”或“剩余部分”，总是与_______连用如例句1；其后也可跟of短语，如例句2。rest也有“休息”的意思，have a rest是其常用短语，意思是“休息一下”，如例句3。
I kept a few books back and gave him________.
I’m a little tired. Let’s ______________.
1. I want you to promise me. 我想让你给我做出承诺。
2. He promised to write to her. 他答应给她写信。
3. Mr Green has promised his son a newcomputer.
= Mr Green has promised a new computer tohis son.
通过观察可知，promise意为“承诺、答应”，通常用作及物动词，如例句 1。promise 后跟动词时，要用_______(动词不定式/动名词)形式，如例句 2；promise 也可跟双宾语，形成 promise sb.sth.(=promisesth.tosb.)这样的结构，如例句3。
promise也用作名词，意思是“承诺、诺言”，常与keep, break, make等动词连用。例如：
He said he would write to me but he broke hispromise.
Don’t forget to keep your promise. 不要忘记信守诺言。
It is not that easy; I __________.
2. 他答应帮我做作业。(翻译句子) He promised_________me with my homework.
3. Miss Yang promised me a reward (报酬). (改为同义句)
Miss Yang promised a reward______________.
Task I 根据句意和所给提示，填写句子所缺的
1. I would like to have 500 ________ (克) ofmeat.
2. ________ (检查) the letter’s address againbefore putting it in the mailbox.
3. I often use a calculator to add large ________(数字).
4. I won a ________ (奖品) because I guessedthe right answer.
5. When he ________ (意识到) his mistake, he hated himself.
6. Xie Jun is from China. She is very good at playing _______ (国际象棋).
7. For over 100 years, people have looked for________ (黄金) in the hills.
8. If you cannot go, let me go i________.
9. Lily had a cold, so she couldn’t go swimming with the r________ of her class.
10. Mr Smith is a w________ person. He has much knowledge of music and painting.
Task II 根据句意，用方框中所给的短语完成下列句子。
1. They are interested in art, music, books,_________.
2. His wife left in 1979 and _________ he haslived alone.
3. Don’t scold (责骂) her; she’s _________ a child.
4. He had to _________ to support his family.
5. We shouldn’t waste _________. We should eat up every grain of rice in the
6. Dinosaurs lived on Earth _________, but later disappeared.
7. We are going to _________. The other team is not strong at all.
8. The weather here is very good; we can swim _________.
Task III 根据短文内容，选择最佳答案。
One day in summer, little Jack was playing on the beach with his father. Suddenly, he saw a little tortoise moving slowly on the sand. He started to look at it carefully and began to touch it with his hand. To his surprise, the tortoise stopped moving. It pulled in its head and legs, and closed its shell tightly. He touched it again but the tortoise didn’t move at all. Jack became angry. He used a stick and tried to force (强迫) it to open.”
When his father saw this, he stopped him and said,“No, son, you mustn’t do that! You will kill the tortoise. You won’t get it open with a stick. Jack was curious, and asked, “Why?”
“Just wait and see,”his father replied. Then he picked up the tortoise and put it in a bag.
After they came back home, the father took the tortoise out of the bag. He put it near the fireplace ( 壁 炉). After a few minutes, the tortoise began to move a little. Then the tortoise stretched out (伸出) its head and legs. At last, the tortoise began to crawl across the room. How excited Jack was when he saw this!
“Son, now you see,” said his father, “sometimes, you can’t force someone to do things he doesn’t like. But if you get him warm first, he will do what you want him to do.”
1. One day Jack and his father were playing__________.
A. in the zoo B. on the hill
C. on the beach D. in the garden
2. Jack tried to use a stick to ________ the tortoise.
A. feed B. open C. close D. save
3. The father picked up the tortoise and _______.
A. cooked it B. threw it into the sea
C. put it in a bag D. killed it
4. After the tortoise got ________ near the fireplace, it began to move a little.
A. warm B. hungry C. thirsty D. cool
5. The story tells us that _________.
A. people will do things we want them to do
B. people won’t do things we want them to do
C. we can force people to do things they don’t like
D. we can’t force people to do things they don’t like
Unit2 Numbers学案(二) Reading
Task I 文脉梳理。阅读Reading部分，根据课文内容补全表格。
A long time ago, there was a king in India. The king loved to play games. The king’s favourite game was (1) _______.
One day, the king (2) _______ an old man to a game. If the old man won the game, the king promised to give him any (3) _______.The old man said he would like one grain of (4) _______ for the first square of the chessboard, two for the second, four for the third, and then (5) _______ the amount for each of the (6) _______ of the squares. The king though the old man asked too little for the prize.
The king and the old man played the game for a long time.Finally,the old man (7) _______. So the king ordered his men to collect a bag of rice. He put one grain on the first square, two on the second, and so on. The king quickly (8) _______ he didn’t have enough rice to put on all the squares.
Task II 要点学习。阅读下面关于课本中原句的讲解，并领会其知识要点。
1. A long time ago, there was a king in India. (P19)
[要点] 在英语中，我们常用 A long time ago, there was a ...（很久以前，有一个/位……）这样的句式用于讲故事的开头；也可用Once upon a time, there was a ...（从前，有一个/位……）等句式。
例如：Once upon a time, there was a poor old fisherman. 从前有一位贫穷的老渔夫。
_____________________ an honest man called Hans.
2. One day, a wise old man came to the palace and the king challenged him to a game.(P19)
[要点] challenge意为“向……挑战”，其后通常跟人作宾语。challenge sb. to …是常用
Their school challenged ours to a football match.
I want to _______ him _______ a game of chess.
3. Wouldn’t you like gold or silver instead?(P19)
You can go by air or by train. 你可以坐飞机去，也可以坐火车去。
There isn’t any air or water on the moon.月球上既没有空气也没有水。
Mr Black was ill, so she was taking hisclass instead.
If you can’t go, I will go instead. 如果你不能去，我替你去。
instead也可位于句首，连接上下句。通常是上句含有否定的意义，然后用instead引出下句，提出相反的情况。这时instead常意为“而是”、“相反”。例如：He didn’t go to the park. Instead he went to the zoo.他没去公园，而是去了动物园。
The baby is too young. He can’t speak and walk.____________________________________.
Task Ⅲ 疑难解析。
[疑难]在I can see nothing but an empty field ...这个句子中，nothing but该如何理解？
[解析] nothing but意为“只是、只不过”，相当于only，后跟名词短语。例如： There is nothing but a card in the box. 盒子里面只有一张卡片。
nothing but 也可用于 want, like, decide,hope 等可跟动词不定式的动词后面。 例如：
I want nothing but to speak to you all these days. 这些天来我只想和你说说话。
Task II 根据句意及所给提示，用适当的单词填空。
1. Look, the __________ (数额) of your bill is more than 300 dollars.
2. Some people didn’t __________ (认识到) the importance of protecting trees.
3. The production of our factory __________ (加倍) last year.
4. He took part in a television quiz and won a p_________.
5. Two apples will be enough for Grandpa; the r________ are for you.
6. Tony doesn’t study at all. I________, he plays tennis all day.
7. I will be very happy if he _________ (agree) with me.
8. She promised _________ (call) back at seven in the evening.
9. It’s raining hard outside. Close the window ________ (quick).
10. There were three questions. The first two were very easy, but the _________ (three) one
Task III 从下面各题所给的A、B、C、D四个选项中选择最佳答案。
1. David is a wise boy. He is good at all his subjects.
A. kind B. polite C. clever D. helpful
2. Look, there is nothing but an old table in this room.
A. over B. only C. about D. with
3. —What are your hobbies?
—I like reading and playing ______ chess.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
4. If Simon is not well enough to visit the
museum with you, take me ______.
A. instead B. even C. too D. either
5. — _____ is 10 minus 10?
—It’s an easy calculation. It’s ______.
A. What; no B. How many; nothing
C. What; nothing D. How many; no
6. — I hear the famous singer Sun Nan may come to Shenzhen next month. — Really? ______ he comes, my younger sister will be very excited.
A. If B. Until C. So D. Before
7. —I won’t have time ______ shopping with you this afternoon.
—But you ______ me yesterday.
A. to go; ordered B. going; promised
C. to go; promised D. went; knew
8. —I don’t like singing ______ dancing . What about you?
—I don’t like dancing, ______ I like singing.
A. and; and B. and; but
C. or; and D. or; but
Task IV 根据汉语意思完成下列句子。
Can you teach me how _______________?
She spends her day doing housework ,watching TV, _______________.
The captain ordered the soldiers_______________ to have a rest.
_______________, the child was not lazy_____________.
More than 30 years ago, Shenzhen was_______________ an unknown small village.
Unit 2 Numbers 基础训练
1. You’d better c________ your answers before handing in your paper.
2. Tom is good at playing tennis while his younger brother is good at playing c________.
3. I don’t want to have pork tonight. Can we have fish i________, Mom?
4. Peter is a w________ man. He is very successful in his business.
5. G________ is much more valuable than silver.
6. Tom, these candies are for you, and the r________ are for your brother.
7. He won first p________ at the speech competition. His parents were proud of him.
8. Though Yang Yang is only one year old, he can count the n________ from one to ten.
9. 1 kilogram means 1,000 g________.
1. He didn’t ________ (realization) his mistake until I told him about it.
2. ________ (Indian) is one ofAsian countries.
1. I can ________ (答应) you to go there with you after work.
2. He ________ (挑战) his teacher to play table tennis.
3. We hope to ________ (加倍) the price this year.
4. She put away the pieces on the ________(棋盘).
5. Two hundred yuan is a large ________ (数额) for me.
1. There are beautiful flowers in Shenzhen________.
2. Thank you very much! I will ________. It is helpful to me.
3. My grandmother lived in Guangzhou for only ten years. She spent ________ her life
in the countryside.
4. ________ the tree. Can you see the bird in it?
5. ________, he studied harder than before.
6. I want ________ rice and some sugar, please.
________ ________ ________ ________,there was a school.
Can you ________ the wood ________________ a desk?
There are many kinds of tasty fruit in summer, watermelons, peaches, cherries,________ ________ ________.
They ________ ________ ________ a football match.