英 语 试 卷
1. She’s gotbirthday present.
A. 不填; a B. an; a C. a; an D, an; an
2. —You’ve given us a wonderful Chinese dinner, Mrs Liu.
A. I’m afraid I didn’t cook very well B. I’m so glad you enjoyed it
C. Come here again when you are free D. You don’t need to be so polite
3. The character in this film is ___________ boy.
A. an 11-year-old B. an 11 years old
C. a 11-year-old D. a 11-year old
4. How long can I ________this book? For about a week.
A. borrow B. lend C. keep D. be kept
5. What bad weather we have! It has rained _________ the day before yesterday.
A. on B. in C. at D. since
6. We spend the whole day ___________ Hong Kong Disneyland.
A. to visit B. visiting C. visit D. visited
7. --- Have you shown the visitors around our school, Peter?
---Yes, I___________ it after the first class.
A. have done B. did C. had done D. will do
8. My father doesn’t have much money. I don’t have, ____.
A. too B. also C. still D. either
9. The old man lives ____ but he doesn’t feel ____.
A. lonely; alone B. alone; alone
C. alone; lonely D. lonely; lonely
10 Li Na plays _________ tennis very well. She has become ________ first Asian woman to
reach a Grand Slam(大满贯) final.
A. a, the B. /, the C. the, a D. /, a
11 .I hope my father _______ ask me about my marks after every exam.
A. not B. not to C. won’t D. don’t
12 ---Have you finished your homework__________?
---Not _________. I was playing computer games.
A. yet, already B. already, yet C, yet, yet D. yet, ever
13.I must say that it’s the best model I _______.
八年级英语 第 1 页 共 8 页
A. saw B. see C. have seen D. will see
14. My parents _______ twenty years ago. They ________ for twenty years. We will
celebrate their twenty years of _______ this Sunday.
A. have been married, got married, married
B. got married, have been married, marriage
C. got married, have been married, married
D. have got married, were married, marriage
15. ---I'm too nervous to give a talk in front of so many people.
---_______, Lucy. You can do it.
A. Come on B. That's great
C. You're right D. That's true
all the time , watering and fertilizing (施肥)them .
One day a young man went by the how happy he could be if he lived in such a beautiful place. Then, suddenly he found the old . He was very surprised about this and asked, “You can’t see these flowers. Why are you busy taking care of them every day?”
The old man smiled and said, “. First, I was a gardener when I was young, and I really like this job. , although I can’t see these flowers, I can touch them. Third, I can smell the sweetness of them. As to the last one, that’s .”
“Me? But you don’t know me,” said the young man.
“Yeah, it’sI don’t know you. But I know that flowers are angels that everybody knows. We enjoy the happiness these flowers have brought us.”
The blind man’s work opened our eyes andhappier. It was just like Beethoven, who became deaf in his later life and wrote many great musical works. Beethoven himself couldn’t millions of people to face their difficulties bravely. Isn’t it one kind of happiness?
16. A. flowers B. trees C. vegetables D. grass
17. A. study B. garden C. kitchen D. balcony
18. A. blind B. famous C. smart D. friendly
19. A. stories B. reasons(理由) C. excuses D. conclusions
20. A. And B. But C. Second D. Third
21. A. me B. you C. my mother D. my son
22. A. true B. hard C. cool D. fair
23. A. broke B. hurt C. pleased D. treated
24. A. write B. hear C. play D. believe
25. A. changed B. discovered C. encouraged D. affected
八年级英语 第 2 页 共 8 页
Do you know how to write an English letter and envelope（信封）? When we write a letter in Chinese, we always put the date at the end of the letter. But it is different in English; we have to put it on the top of the right corner. And above the date, we also write the number of our house and the names of our street, city and country. To begin the letter, we always use the words like “Dear sir,” “Dear Mr/Miss/Mrs…” To end the letter, we usually use words like “Yours” or “Truly yours”.
When you write an envelope in English, put down your name, your street address, your city, your state and zip code on the left hand side top corner. And put their name, their street address, their city, their state and zip code in middle of the envelope.
Now read the following envelope, please.
A. the date B. the letter C. the envelope D. the passage
27. To what country will the letter be sent?
A. China B. Austria C. Australia D. Sydney
28. How do you begin your letter if you write to Alice White?
A. Alice White B. Mrs. Alice C. Dear sir D. Dear Miss White
Some Advice on Travel
1. Forget fashion(时尚)! Always wear your most comfortable clothes when going on long journeys(旅行).
2. Traveling on trains and buses can be boring, so take a good book to read.
3. If you’re going somewhere cold, remember to put on your warm clothes!
4. If you are going somewhere sunny, remember to bring your sun-block(防晒霜) and sunglasses.
6. Be careful with your things whenever you go to a busy place, like a train station. There are many thieves there!
八年级英语 第 3 页 共 8 页
7. Most countries have lower prices for students, so if you are a student, take your student card with you.
8. Always leave room in your bag and buy presents on the way home.
9. Bus tours often stop at expensive shops along the way, save your money by buying presents at local shops.
10. If you travel abroad(国外), remember to take your passport. Whatever you do, don’t lose it!
( )29 If you go to Hainan Island for a trip in summer, you should take ____ with you.
A. warm clothes and sports shoes B. sunglasses and sun-block
C. fashionable(时尚的) clothes and a big bag D. some fruit and drinks
( 30. According to the passage, ____ is a good way to keep away from boredom(单调) while you’re on a train or a bus.
A. taking a camera B. reading a good book
C. listening to music D. sleeping for some time
( )31. You must always ____ while you are at busy places because there are often thieves there.
A. put your things away B. look after your things well
C. give your things away D. get your things ready
( )32. If a student wants to buy some presents at lower prices while traveling, he should show ____ to the shop assistant.
A. prices B. his things C. his passport D.his student card
( )33. The underlined word “capture” in this passage means ____.
A. 拍摄 B. 感受 C. 抓住 D. 控制
Mr. Hunt came from a poor family. He had three brothers and two sisters. His father worked hard but wasn’t paid much. And his mother did all the housework at home. They were both able but they couldn’t get enough money for their family.
Mr. Hunt was in school for only three years and he had to stop to help his parents though he was good at his lessons. When he was sixteen, he came to the city and began to work in a small factory. He learned from an old worker and became a skilled worker. The old worker liked him and married his daughter to him. The young man did not have his own house and had to live with his parents-in-law. His mother-in-law always thought he was poor and often chattered. So the young man tried to save everything and hoped to have his own house.
It was one fine Sunday. The old woman wanted to have a picnic on the top of the hill. She told Mr. Hunt to drive her car. But sometimes she told him to turn left and sometimes to turn right. The young man had to listen to her. At a crossing the lights were red but she made him turn left. The policeman stopped them and told the young man to give his license to him.
八年级英语 第 4 页 共 8 页
“If I did wrong, sir,” said Mr. Hunt, “It was my mother-in-law’s fault(过错). She was driving the car though she sat behind me!”
( )34. The Hunts were poor because ____.
A. they were lazy B. they were too weak to work
C. they couldn’t make enough money D. they weren’t able enough
( )35. Mr. Hunt left the school because ____.
A. he didn’t like studying B. his family was poor
C. he wasn’t clever D. he hoped to stay at home
( )36. ____, so the old man married his daughter to him.
A. Mr. Hunt became a skilled worker B. Mr. Hunt was friendly to him
C. Mr. Hunt was paid much in the factory D. Mr. Hunt worked for six years there
( )37. The old woman was ____ to Mr. Hunt.
A. good B. bad C. friendly D. useless
When an earthquake hit a small town，many houses fell down．After the earthquake，all the newspapers reported many stories about some of the families in trouble．
One Sunday, when I was reading a newspaper, a special picture touched(触动)me．It gave the clothing sizes of each family member．I thought that this would be a good chance to teach my children to help those who were less lucky than themselves．I said to my seven-year-old twins，Brad and Brett，and three-year-old Meghan．“We have so much，and these poor people now have nothing．We’ll share what we have with them．”
I filled a box with food and clothes．While I was doing this，I encouraged the boys to choose their toys and donate some of their less favourite things．Meghan watched quietly as the boys took out their old toys and games and put them together．Then she walked away．A few minutes later she came back with Lucy, her much-loved doll．She put the doll on top of the other toys．“Oh，dear” I said．“You don’t have to give Lucy．You love her so much．”Meghan said，“Lucy makes me happy，Mommy．Maybe she’ll make another little girl happy, too．” I looked at Meghan for a long moment．She taught me a lesson．It’s easy to give something that we don’t want any more，but harder to give what we cherish(珍爱)，isn’t?
38. How many children does the writer have?
A．One. B．Two． C．three． D．Four．
39. In this story, Lucy is the name of___________．
A．a girl B．a doll C．one of the twins D．a game
40. What’s the best title of this passage?
A．The spirit of giving． B．A terrible earthquake．
C．The way of helping others． D．A family story.
八年级英语 第 5 页 共 8 页
41.There is more water _____________________ (污染) in the city than that in the country.
42. He is looking forward to celebrating the ten years of his _________________ （结婚）.
43. 43. I think this book is the most ________________________ (教育) one on the market.
44. The whole world has changed a lot in the past few ________________________ (世纪).
45. The parade has been _____________________________ (开始) for nearly half an hour.
46. The classroom is so ___________(noise) that we can’t hear what the teacher is saying.
47. The mobile phone belongs to one of the _____________________ (tour).
48. The prices in the supermarket are __________________ (mark) on the goods.
49. ___________________ (luck), he didn’t pass the Chinese exam.
50. Our class held a meeting to talk about _______________________(hold) a charity show.
51. I hear you ____________________________________ (pass) the test. Congratulations!
52. We couldn’t stop ________________________ (clap) while the dancer was performing.
53. Mr Green will be angry if your homework ___________________ (not hand) in on time.
54. They _____________________ (invite) to take part in Nancy’s birthday party yesterday.
55. The police _______ (look) for the robbers at that moment, but none of them was found.
56. How heavily it __________________________ (rain). We’ll have to stay at home today.
I have taken many photos because spring _____________________________________.
The computer _______________________________________by him every day.
It’s exciting to ______________________________________ on the top of Mountain Lu.
There ______________________________in our hometown over the past twenty years.
It _________________________________________________________ wild animals.
Jay Zhou will ____________________________________________________________. Ⅱ. 情景交际。(10分)
( )63. Helen did badly in the math exam.
( )64. Wang Fang looks unhappy.
八年级英语 第 6 页 共 8 页
( )65. I moved to this new city this year.
( )66. I don’t know how to solve this problem.
( )67. When something bad happens to us.
A. We usually feel sad.
B. I am a stranger.
C. I ask my teacher to help me.
D. Her father is ill.
E. She is upset.
B: I’m worried about how to tell my parents the result, for they must be disappointed
A: Don’t worry! Even though your parents are strict with you, they love you very much. B: But what shall I do?
A: First, please dry your tears. Then our classmates and I can help you with your subjects. B: Thank you! A: 68. ____ 69. ____ 70. ____ 71. ____ 72. ____
Do you like shopping? Have you ever tried shopping on the Internet? If not, you are out! Nowadays, online shopping has become a very popular way of shopping. Young people are quite fond of it. Online shopping has many advantages. For example, it’s very easy. You only need to press some keys. Also it saves time and money. People needn’t go out of home and the goods are often cheaper than those in shops. At the same time, there’s also something bad about it. People can hardly enjoy the fun of shopping with friends. If you
八年级英语 第 7 页 共 8 页
Ladies and gentlemen! It’s my honor to tell you about the changes to our school. ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I hope you will enjoy your stay in our school. Thank you very much!
八年级英语 第 8 页 共 8 页