Unit 1 What’s the matter?
1. have a (high) fever 发(高)烧 2. have a cough 咳嗽 3. have a toothache 牙疼 4. talk too much 说得太多
5. drink enough water 喝足够的水 6. have a (bad)cold （重）感冒 7. have a stomachache 胃疼 8. have a sore back 背疼
9. have a very sore throat 喉咙非常痛 10. lie down and rest 躺下来休息 11. hot tea with honey 加蜂蜜的热茶 12. see a dentist 看牙医 13. get an X-ray 拍X 光片
14. take one’ s temperature 量体温 15. put some medicine on sth. 伤口上敷药
cut oneself 割伤某人自己 16. feel very hot 感到很热 have a headache 患头疼 17. sound like 听起来像 18. all weekend 整个周末
19. in the same way以同样的方式 take breaks 休息
20. go to a doctor 看医生
save an old man 拯救一位老人 21. go along 沿着……走
22. on the side of the road 在马路边 23. shout for help 大声呼救
24. without thinking twice 没有多想 25. get off 下车
26. have a heart problem 有心脏病 27. to one’ s surprise 使.......惊讶的 28. thanks to 多亏了 ；由于 29. in time 及时
30. save a life 挽救生命
hit an old man 撞了一位老人 31. get into trouble 造成麻烦 32. right away 立刻；马上 33. Because of+n.\pron. 由于… 34. get out of 离开;从……出萍 35. hurt oneself 受伤 fall down 摔倒
36. put a bandage on sth. 用绷带包扎
37. run it under water 在水流下冲洗 38. feel sick 感到恶心
39. have a nosebleed 流鼻血 40. cut his knee 割伤他的膝盖
41. put her head back 把她的头向后仰 hurt his back 伤到了后背 rest for a few days 休息几天 get hit on the head 头部挨打
42. have problems breathing 呼吸困难 get hit by a ball 被球击中 get sunburned 晒伤
43. mountain climbing 登山运动 44. be used to doing sth. 习惯做某事 be used to taking risks 习惯于冒险 45. run out (of) 用完;用尽 46. so that 以便
47. so. . . that 如此… …以至于… 48. be in control of 掌管;管理
49. in a difficult situation 在闲境屮 lose one’s life 丧命
cut off half his right arm 切除半边右臂
bandage himself 给他自己包扎 50. keep on doing sth. 继续或坚持做某事
51. make a decision 做出决定
the importance of making decision 做决定的重要性 52. take risks 冒险
go mountain climbing 去爬山 53. give up 放弃
have a serious accident 遇到严重的意外
54. talk about health problems 谈论健康问题
55. give advice 提建议 二、重点句型
1. What’ s the matter?
What’ s the matter(with you)? = What’s the trouble (with you)?
= What’ s wrong with you? 你怎么了？ I have a stomachache. 我肚子疼。 2. You shouldn’t eat so much next time. 下次你不应该吃这么多。
What should she do? 她该怎么办呢？Should I take my temperature? 我应该量一下体温吗？
主语+ should/shouldn’t + 动词原形. .. ①You should lie down and rest.
你应该躺下休息一会儿。 ② You shouldn’ t go out at night. 你晚上不应该出去。
3. You need to take breaks away from the computer. 你需要远离电脑去休息。
4. But to his surprise, they all agreed to go with him. 但是令他惊讶的是，他们都同意和他去。
5. In this book, Aron tells of the importance of making good decisions, and of being in control of one’s life. 在这本书中，Aron 阐述了做出正确决定以及掌握生命的重要性。
So my advice is that she should go to bed early and she shouldn't watch too much TV so that she can get enough sleep and she will feel energetic next day.
Julie is a bit fat so she should take more exercise and she shouldn't eat too much meat and junk food. Unit 2 I’ll help to clean up the city parks.一、重点短语
1. Clean-Up Day 清洁日
2. an old people’s home 养老院 3. help out with sth. 帮助解决困难 4. used to 曾经… 过去_ 5. care for 关心;照顾
be/arrive late for…因……迟到 6. the look of joy 快乐的表情 7. at the age of 在......岁时 8.clean up 打扫(或清除)干净 9. cheer up (使)变得更高兴;振雀 10. give out=hand out 分发;散发 11. come up with 想出；提出 12. make a plan 制订计划
13. make some notices 做些公告牌 give up doing sth. 放弃做… 14. try out 试用;试行
several hours each week 每周几小时 want to be an animal doctor成为兽医 15. work for 为…工作；为…. 效力 volunteer to do sth. 志愿(有义务)做某事
future dream job未来梦想的职业 16. put up 建造;举起;张贴
how to care for animal如何照顾动物 such a strong feeling of satisfaction 一种极强的满足感 17. hand ~ sth to sb, ~ sb sth 把?递交给?
get better 变得更好
the look of joy愉快的表情
on one’s own face在某物主人的脸上 18. a book lover书迷；书籍爱好者 read by oneself自读
at the age of 4 在?四岁时 =when sb. was 4 years old 19. call up 打电话;召集
see in their eyes 从他们的眼中
go on a different journey with each book 进行一本新书的不同之旅 come true 实现
at the same time在……的同时 19. put off doing sth. 推迟;延迟做某事 20. for example 比如；例如 at least 至少
make lots of money 赚许多钱 be worried about 对…担忧
in one’s free time在某人空闲时间里 21. raise money for homeless people 为无家可归的人筹钱;募捐 One of the countries in Africa 非洲国家之一
for a few months 几个月 move to another place 搬到另外一个地方
22. take after 与......相像;像 23. give away 赠送;捐赠 24. fix up 修理;修补;解决 25. be similar to 与……相似
stop to do sth.停正在做事去做另件事 26. set up 建立;设立
make a difference to对…有影响 a friend of mine=one of my friends 我的一个朋友
be/get excited about sth/doing sth 对某事（做某事）而感到激动 have difficulty (in) doing 在做某事方面有困难 27. disabled people 残疾人 28. be able to 能够
make it possible for sb. to do sth, 使某人有可能做某事 29. give orders 发出指令
after-school reading program 课外阅读项目
get a special trained dog
获得一只经过特殊训练的狗 30. be interested in sth/doing sth 对?感兴趣
be/feel lucky to do sth.幸运的做某事 31. be good at?/do well in? 擅长? 32. be strong in ?在?方面很强 33. help out as a volunteer 帮忙做一名志愿者
34. be free to do sth 有空做某事 work out fine 产生良好的效果 35. set up a call-in center for parents 为家长开通了一部热线
36. put up some signs asking for old bikes 张贴一些标志来求购旧自行车 二、重点句型
1. The boy could give out food at the food bank. 这个男孩可以在食品救济站分发食物。
2. Clean-Up Day is only two weeks from now. 清洁日离现在仅仅两周的时间。
3. He volunteers at an animal hospital every Saturday
morning. 每周六上午，他都在一'家动物医院当志愿者。 4. Last year, she decided to try out for a volunteer after-school reading program.
5. You can see in th e ir eyes that they’ re going on a different journey w ith each new book.
6. I want to put off my plan to work in an animal hospital until next summer.
我想把我在动物医院工作的计划推迟到明年夏天。 7. Most people today are only worried about getting good jobs to make lots of money. 现在的大部分人只是为找一份能挣许多钱的好工作而着急。
8. You helped to make it possible for me to have Lucky. 在你的帮助下，我才有可能拥有“幸运儿”。 【小结】
不定式作宾语补足语时，宾语与不定式构成复合宾语，宾语是不定式的逻辑主语。常用此结构的有advise/ ask /want/tell/ allow/ encourage/ invite/ would like/ expect/ need/ wish sb. to do sth.
感官动词如feel, see, hear, watch, notice, listen to, look at
等以及使役动词make, have, let 等在跟不定式作宾语补足语时省略不定式符号to：
（一感：feel；二听：hear，listen to；三让：let，make，have；四看：see，watch，look at，notice；半个帮助：help，可带to也可不带） 三、书面表达
假如你叫李华，市第三中学初三的学生。星期天你和班里的同学去康乐敬老院(old folk’s home) 参加了社区活动。请根据下面的图画的提示词语，用英语写一篇100词左右的日记。可合理想象，适当发挥。 提示词语：take the school bus, greet sb warmly, be pleased with sb, have lunch together
Today, we took the school bus to Kang Le old folk’s home. The old people greeted us warmly and they were very pleased to see us. We helped them do a lot of things in the old folk’s home. We s wept the floor for them, we cleaned the windows and we also cleaned the desk. Some girls danced for them and we enjoyed ourselves that day. Finally, we had lunch together with the old people and the dishes were very delicious.
As the students in Grade Nine in No.3 Middle School, we like the activity very much. And I think it’s our duty to help the old people, do you think so?
Unit 3 Could you please clean your room?
1.go out for dinner 出去吃晚饭 2. stay out late/until nine 呆到很晚 3. go to the movies 去看电影 4. get a ride 搭车
give me a ride to town车送我到镇上 5.work on 从事
6. finish doing sth. 完成做某事 7. clean and tid y 干净整洁
8. do the dishes=wash the dishes洗餐具 9. take out the rubbish 倒垃圾 10. fold your/the clothes 叠衣服 11. sweep the floor 扫地
12. make your/the bed 整理床铺 13.clean the livng room 打扫客厅 14. no problem 没问题 15. welcome sb. 欢迎某人
16. come home from school/ work 放学/下班回家
be/ come back from shopping购物回来 help out with a few things帮助做些事情 any minute/ second/ moment now随时；马上
pretty clean and tidy相当干净而整洁 17.be angry with sb.对某人生气 be angry at sth.因某事而生气 solve the problem解决问题
throw down my bag 扔下我的书包 18. sit down 坐下
the minute/ as soon as / the moment 一??就?? come over 过来
20 take sb. for a walk 带某人去散步 take the dog for a walk= walk dog遛狗 replied angrily 生气地回答 21.all the time 一直;总是
all day/evening=the whole day/evening 整日/夜 23. never help out around the house
从没帮助做家务 24. shout back 大声回应 25. walk away 走开
26. share the housework 分担家务 27. a clean and comfortable home 一个干净又舒适的家 28. ask in surprise 惊讶地问 neither of us 我们两个都不
as tired as=so tired as和?一样疲倦 29. get something to drink 拿点喝的东西 30. watch one show 观看一个节目 31. hang out with my friends 和我朋友一起闲逛
32. pass sb. sth.=pass sth to sb 把某物传递给某人
pass me the salt= pass the salt to me 把盐递给我
33. borrow something from somebody =borrow sb. sth.从某人那里借某物
lend something to somebody=lend sb. sth.把某物借给某人
33. get sth. wet 使某物弄湿 hate to do sth. 讨厌做某事 35. do chores 做杂务
36. help sb. (to ) do /with sth 帮助某人干某事
37. bring a tent带顶帐篷来 38. buy some drinks and snacks 买些饮料喝零食 39. go to the store去商店 40. invite sb. to a party 邀请某人参加聚会
41. make sb. do sth. 使某人做某事 42. enough stress from school 来自于学校的足够的压力 spend their time on schoolwork 花时间在学业上
43. a waste of time浪费时间
44. in order to do something为了做?? get into a good university进好大学 45. get good grades取得好成绩
get better grades 取得较好的成绩
46. there is no need for somebody to do something对于某人来说没必要做……
46. mind (not) doing sth. 介意(不)做某事 47. depend on依赖;依靠
48. develop children ’ s independence 养成孩子的独立（习惯） the idea of fairness 公平意识
have no idea how to take care of himself不知道怎样照料自己
grades dropped成绩下降 as a result因此
as a result of 由于??的结果 49. look after/take care of/care for
look after well/take good care of/ 好好照顾
51. do one’ s part in (doing ) sth. 做某人分内的事
50. it’s fair/ unfair for children to do something对于孩子
来说，做??是公平的/ 不公平的 二、 重点句型
1. Could you please do…?（礼貌请求） 你可以做??吗？
Could you please clean your room? 你能整理一下你的房间吗？ 2. Could I please do…?（征求意见） 我可以做??吗？
Could I use your computer? 我可以用一下你的电脑吗？
3. I have to do some work.我必须干些活。
I’m just as tired as you are!=Both you and me are tired我也和你一样的累
4. It is the parents’ job to provide a clean and comfortable environment at home for their children.在家给孩子们提供一个干净而舒服的环境是家长们的工作。
5. She won’t be happy if she sees this mess. 如果她看到这样乱七八糟的话，她会不高兴的。
6. For one week, she did not do any housework and neither did I.整整一周，她什么家务活都不干了，我也一样。 7. My mom came over as soon as I sat down in front of the
T V .
我一在电视机前坐下，我妈妈就过来了。 8. hate + ( to do/ doing) sth.
I hate to do chores.我讨厌做杂务。
9. The earlier kids learn to be independent, the better it is for their future.孩子们越早独立，对他们的未来就更好。 10. It is important for children to learn how to do chores and help their parents with housework.对于孩子们来说，学会怎样做家务和帮助父母亲做家务是很重要的。 三、书面表达
某报社就青少年与父母关系这一话题开展题为how to keep good relationship with parents的征文，请你根据以下要点，写一篇90词左右的英语短文参加此次活动。 1. 父母规矩太多、过于强调学习成绩、不理解自己等
3. 你与父母保持良好关系的做法 How to keep good relationship with parents？
In my opinion, I have too many rules at home. I can’t go out with my friends at night. And they pay too much attention to my exam results. I think my parents don't quite understand me.
However, I try my best to understand them. I know that it is because they really love me and want me to get into a good university and have a bright future.
In order to keep good relationship with my parents, I must study hard, listen to them, talk to them as friends, tell them my troubles, and help them do more housework.
Unit 4 why don’t you talk to your parents?
2. allow sb. to do sth. 允许某人做某事 3. take/ have after-school classes 参加课后辅导班
4. hang out with sb. 与某人闲逛
5. get into fight with somebody= have a fight with somebody=fight with somebody 和某人闹矛盾. 6. until midnight直到半夜 get on (well) with somebody 和某人相处（得好）
get into a good university / a good senior high school上好大学/高中
7. talk to sb. 与某人交谈
so that…以至于??；以便于?? take him to the ball game 带他去参加球类比赛 8. too many books太多的书 9. study too much学得过多
10. get enough sleep有足够的睡眠 11. write sb. a letter给某人写信
12. call sb. up打电话给某人 13. surprise sb. 令某人惊讶
14. look through翻看；检查；浏览； find somebody doing something 发现某人正在做??
wait that/ so long等待如此久 15. be angry with sb. 生某人的气
give something back to somebody= return something to somebody归还某物给某人 forget about ??忘掉?? 16. a big deal重要的事
17. work out成功地发展;解决 19. fight a lot经常吵架/打架 relations between my parents 父母之间的关系
be nice/ friendly /kind to somebody 对某人友好 20. hang over笼罩
21. refuse to do sth. 拒绝做某事 22. offer to do sth. 主动提出做某事 feel lonely and nervous感到孤独和紧张
sit down and communicate with your brother坐下来和你哥哥交流
24. mind sb. doing sth. 介意某人做某事
borrow sth. without asking/ without returning them借某物没不说/不归还 25. all the time一直 26. in future今后
27. make sb. angry使某人生气 28. worry about sth. 担心某事 29. copy one’ s homework 抄袭某人的作业 have a pet养宠物 30. be oneself做自己 31. family members
32. spend time alone独自消磨时光 33. give sb. a lot pressure 给某人很大压力
34. have a fight with sb. 与某人吵架 35. compete with sb. 与某人竞争 36. free time activities业余活动 37. get better grades取得更好的成绩 38. give one’ s opinion提出某人的观点 39. learn exam skills学习应试技巧 a typical American family 典型的美国家庭
comparing …with…把…和…比较 be unhappy with= be angry with 对……生气
40. practice sports体育训练
41. cause a lot of stress导致许多压力 think for somebody为某人考虑
to be a successful person成为成功人士 in one’s opinion 就某人看来……；
be right about…在某方面正确 wait a few more days再等几天 help each other相互帮助 stress out过度紧张/劳累 do activities I enjoy 进行我喜欢的活动 42. cut out删除 二、重点句型
1. I studied until mid night last night so I didn’t get enough sleep.
2. Why don 't you forge t about it?=why not forget about it?你为什么不忘掉它呢？
3. Although she’s wrong, it’s not a big deal. 虽然她错了,但这并不是什么大事儿。
4. He should talk to his friend so that he can say he’s sorry. 他应该跟朋友谈谈以便他能说声对不起。 5. May be you could go to his house. 也许你可以去他家。
6. When they argue, it’s like a big, black cloud hanging over our home.当他们吵架的时候，我们的家就像笼罩在大大的乌云一样。
7. I guess I could, but I don’t want to surprise him. 我想我可以.但我不想让他感到惊讶。
8. Life shouldn’t just be about grades.生活不应该仅仅与成绩有关。
①What about doing sth?=How about doing sth? ….怎么样？
②Why don’t you do sth?= Why not do sth? 为什么不呢？
③Let’s do sth.让我们一起做某事吧。 ④Shall we/I do sth?我们做…好吗？ ⑤had better do/not do sth. 最好做/不做某事
⑥Will/Would you please do sth? 请你做…好吗？
⑦Would you like to do sth? 你想去做某事吗？
⑧Would you mind doing sth？ 你介意做某事吗？
Good idea./ That’s good idea. 好主意
OK/ All right./ Great 好/ 行/太好了 Yes, please ./I’d love to 是的/ 我愿意 I agree with you 我同意你的看法
No problem 没问题 Sure/ Of course/ Certainly 当然可以
Yes, I think so 对，我也这样想
I don’t think so 我认为不是这样
Sorry, I can’t 对不起，我不能 I’d love to, but…
I’m afraid…我愿意，但恐怕…… 三、书面表达
假设你是School Kids Times杂志的编辑，你收到了一封读者来信。在信中，一名叫Helen的读者向你诉说了她的烦恼。请你针对她的问题谈谈你的看法，给她提几点建议。 Dear editor,
My problem is my parents. All of my classmates have mobile phones. They phone each other, surf the Internet and play games. I’m always asking my parents for one. But they refuse, time and time again. None of my friends have such terrible parents. I’m so angry that I can’t study hard. Do you think I’m right? What shall I do? Helen
I don’t think you’re right. Students should pay attention to their study. Mobile phones are not always necessary. They’re not like books and pens. You should understand your parents and do what they ask you to.
Now public phones booths can be found everywhere. If you have to make a phone call, you may use them. You’d better have a talk with your parents and tell them you don’t want one any more. Work hard on your lessons and read more interesting books. You may also talk about your problem with your teachers and friends. I’m sure they’ll help you. If you have more questions, please ask me． Yours, Editor
Unit 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came? 一、重点短语
1. in/on the street 在街上 make sure 确信;确认
at the bus stop在公共汽车站 2. beat against... 拍打… … at the time of the rainstorm 在下暴雨的时候
3. fall asleep/ill 进人梦乡/生病 4. die down 逐渐变弱；逐渐消失 die out灭绝 die away消失
die of/ from…死于?? 5. wake up 醒来
6. find the neighborhood in a mess 发现周转一团糟
join somebody to do something （加入）和某人一起做?? 7. break.. . apart 使……分离 8. in times of difficulty 面对困难的时候
9. at the time of 当.......时候 at that time在那时 10. go off (闹钟)发出响声
11. take a hot shower 洗热水澡 12. miss the bus 错过公交车 13. pick up 接电话 strong winds狂风
heavy rain/snow 大雨/雪 dark clouds乌云
14. bring... together 使……靠拢 take the car to the car wash 把车开到洗车场
15. be in the area在这个地区 make dinner做晚餐 fall in trouble遇到麻烦
fall in love with sb.爱上某人 16. miss the event 错过这个事件
the place of the accident事故发生地 get to the bus stop 到达汽车站 17. by the side of the road 在路边
18. the Animal Helpline 动物保护热线 19. walk by 走路经过
20. make one’s way to somewhere=on one’s way to somewhere在某人去……的路上; 前进 be helpful to do sth做?有帮助 21. hear the news 听到这个消息
the news of important events in history历史上的重要事件的新闻
the news on the radio/ TV 收音机/电视的新闻
22. be completely shocked被彻底震惊 the rest of…其余的?；剩下的? cheer somebody on给某人加油/打气 23. for example 例如 24. be killed 被杀害
25. over 50=more than 50多(岁） 26. a school pupil 一个小学生 27. on the radio 通过广播 28. in silence 沉默;无声 in surprise 吃惊地
in joy 高兴地
29. more recently 最近地;新近
30. the World Trade Center 世贸中心 31. take down 拆除;摧毁 be taken down by terrorists 被恐怖分子摧毁
look out the window看窗外
32. have meaning to sb.对某人有意义
have trouble/ difficulty /problem (in) doing
something=there is trouble /difficulty / problem (in) doing something做??有麻烦/困难/问题 33. point out指出
the big day一个重要的日子
a day Kate Smith will never forget 凯特 Smith永远不会忘记的一天 33. remember doing sth. 记得做过某事
played the song without any mistakes毫不出错地演奏了这首歌
call out the winner大声喊出胜者 34. at first 首先;最初
the happiest day of my life 我生命中最高兴的一天
35. so far到目前为止 get it wet打湿 36. be caught in the rain被阻于雨中 be caught under a big stone 被压于大石下 37. all of sudden突然
leave sb/sth sw把某人/某物留在某地 38. be busy doing sth.=be busy with sth 忙于（做）某事
run back home跑回家 二、重点句型
1.What were you doing at eight last night? 昨晚8 点你在干什么？
I was taking a shower. 我在洗淋浴。
2. I was so scared that I could hardly think clearly after that.我是如此害怕，以至于事后我几乎不能想清楚。 3.What was Jenny doing while Linda was sleeping? 琳达在睡觉的时候，珍妮正在干什么？
While Linda was sleeping, Jenny was helping Mary with her homework.
4. No wonder you didn’t make it to the competition.难怪你没有来参加比赛。
5. It was hard to have fun with a serious storm happening outside.屋外有如此严重的风暴，很难玩得高兴。
6. With no light outside, it felt like midnight.外面没有光，感到像半夜一样。 三、书面表达
紧张而又忙碌的初中生活即将结束，请以“My unforgettable (难忘的) Middle School Life”为题写一篇短文。短文首句已给出。
要求： 词数80-100. 短文题目和开头已给出，不计入总词数。
参考词汇：learn, spend, be interested in, be busy with
My Unforgettable Middle School Life
How times flies! My middle school life is coming to the end. I can't forget the happy time that I've spent with my classmates and teachers. At school, I am busy with my studies. I'm interested in English, because my English teacher, Miss Wang, is kind and helpful.
I like playing basketball and reading books. After class, I join some clubs at school. In this way, I've got more knowledge and improved my life. I learn how to face difficulties, and I also learn how to get on well with friends.
My school life is meaningful and colorful. In a word, it is unforgettable, isn't it?
An Unforgettable Examination
I have experienced many kinds of examination in my life, the most unforgettable of which was the final-examination last term.
Before the examination, I stayed up late in order to get a good score. The next morning I rushed to school without breakfast.
In the course of the examination, I saw a very difficult problem and it took me a lot of time. I thought hard but couldn’t work it out. Soon after I gave up, I fell asleep at my desk. When I woke up, the examination was over, you can imagine what happened in the end.