1.Do you often go travelling? 2.Where did you go for holiday?
3.Did you have a good time?
California Hollywood Los Angeles Pacific Ocean Santa Monica
a. b. c. d. e.
Listen and follow Betty’s journey.
Disneyland Hollywood Los Angeles Pacific Ocean Santa Monica
Listen and choose
1. What are they talking about? A. Movies B. Holidays C. Swimming 2. How did Betty get there? A. By ship. B. By car C. By plane. 3. Did Betty have a good time? A. Yes, she did. B. No, she didn’t. C. We don’t know.
1. Betty went to Los Angeles on holiday two years ago .
2. It took her about nine hours to get there.
3. Betty’s aunt and uncle met her at the airport.
4. Betty went to Disneyland ,Hollywood and Santa Monica on
1. They spent two days in Los Angeles.
2. They saw the homes of the movie stars in Hollywood.
3. They went swimming in the Pacific Ocean at Santa Monic
meet go see swim spend take leave have
met went saw swam spent took left had
Lingling: What …on holiday, Tony? Say it right Tony: We …Los Angeles. Betty: You’ll love it. I …two years ago. We …. Tony: … did it take to get there? Betty: It …nine hours. Lingling : And who …with you? Betty: My aunt and uncle … me …the airport. Lingling: And where …go? Betty: Well, first, we… Tony : …did you … there? Betty: We …two days there. And then we…Hollywood. Lingling: What …see there? Betty: We … the movies stars. And finally we …a lot. Lingling : Where …swim? Betty: We … in the Pacific Ocean at Sata Monica. It …
1.It took (sb.) some time to do sth. 某人做某事花了多少时间 How long did it take (sb). to do sth 2. sb. spent some time (in) doing sth. sb. spent some time on sth. How long did sb. spend (in) doing sth? How long did sb. spend on sth?
It took me half an hour to finish my homework. I spent half an hour (in) finishing my homework. I spent half an hour on my homework. How long did it take you to finish your homework? How long did you spend (in) finishing my homework? How long did you spend on your homework?
1.take/Yang Liwei/5 years/ train for/ the space flight
2.Yang Liwei/spend/ 5 years/ train for/ the space flight
3.take/him/three days/ return/ Guilin
4.He/spend/three days/ return/Guilin 5.We/spend/20 hours/on/trip/zoo/tomorrow
1. Where did you go? 2. When did you go? 3. How did you get there? 4. How long did you spend there? 5. What did you do or see? 6. Did you enjoy yourself?
Put the places in the correct order.
1.Big Ben 2.British Museum 3.Buckingham Palace 4.Chinese restaurant
1.They arrived last Sunday.
× 2.They went for a walk in Hyde Park. × 3.They bought lots of presents. ×
4.On Wednesday they saw Big Ben and Buckingham Palace.
5. On Thursday they saw River Thames and
√ 6. Today they spent the day at the hotel. × 7. She did some shopping on Friday. √ 8. Jenny went for a walk in