Section B 2b-3b
Look at the picture and fill in the blanks. A: What’s your _______ favorite singer?
B: My favorite singer is Andy Lau.
A: What does he look ____ ____? like
B: He is of ________ medium ______ height and of _______ medium build. He has _____ short _____ black hair. He doesn’t _____ wear glasses. A: What ______ sports does he like? B: He likes bowling and tennis. Why do you like him? A: _____ B: Because he’s a great singer.
artist /'ɑ?t?s t/
criminal put /'kr?m?n(?)l/
Let’s watch and learn!
2b Read the newspaper article. Which picture shows the real criminal?
Read the article again then
answer the questions below.
1. What’s Joe Brown’s job? He’s a police artist. _________________
2. Is his work easy or difficult? Why? Sometimes it’s difficult. Because many people don’t always see things the same way so they may describe the same person differently. Also, they don’t always remember well.
2c Read the article again and write what the words in bold refer to. 1. He = 2. it = 3. him = 4. this =
5. they =
6. He =
1. He = Joe Brown 2. it = a picture of the criminal 3. him = the criminal 4. this = drawing a good picture 5. they = many people 6. He = the criminal
Joe Brown has an interesting job. He’s a police artist. Some people see crimes and then talk to Joe. They tell him what the criminal looks like. Joe draws a picture of the criminal, and the police put it in newspapers and on
television to find him.
Oh, I forget!
He wants to draw a good picture of each
criminal, but this job is sometimes
difficult. Many people don’t always see
things the same way so they describe the
same person differently. Also they don’t
always remember well.
The criminal is of medium build and young. He has long straight brown hair and big eyes.
The criminal is tall and thin, and he has curly blond hair. He’s about thirty years old.
In the end, the real criminal is a short
and heavy old man, and he has short
1. singer 唱歌家
构词法：动词 + er 名词 + ist 例如：teach (教)
（人物）名词 （人物）名词 teacher 老师
2. each强调“个别”，可单独使用，也可修 饰单数名词； 而every修饰单数名词，强调“整体”； 相当于汉语中的“每个都”。例如： 每个男孩都有一只风筝。 Each boy has a kite.
Every student in the class likes English.
3. differently adv. 意为“不同地”，主
They think differently. 他们想的不同。
4. another adj.