Unit 4 Forests and land
( ) 1.Metal _______ making machines.
A) is used by B) is used as C) is used for D) is used to
( ) 2. We use ________ to make bowls and plates.
A)clay B)sand C) oil D) leather
( ) 3. ________Susan _______Diana are from America.
A) Both, and B)Both, nor C)Neither, nor D) Neither, and
( ) 4. ________ trees, animals will _______ their food and shelter.
A) Without, lose B)Without, make C) No, lose D) No, make
( ) 5. ---Touch it, how does the silk feel? ----_____________
A) It’s soft and smoothly B) It’s softly and smoothly
C) It’s soft and smooth D) It’s softly and smooth
( ) 6. I’d prefer _________ to doing nothing.
A) doing something B) to do something C) do something D) to doing something
( ) 7. Belts and shoes are made of ___________
A) clay B)metal C) leather D) brick
( ) 8.The_______ bridge was made in 1976.
A) wood B) wooden C) wool D) woolen
( ) 9. His clothes _________dirty. He is washing ___________
A)is, it B) is, them C) are, it D) are, them
( ) 10. ---Your dress looks nice. Is it__________ cotton?
A)made of, made by B) made of, made in
C) made for, made in D) made from, made by
1. Chopsticks are made of ________ ( wooden).
2. This washing machine _________ (use) for a long time. We began to use it about six years.
3. Would you like a ________(wool) sweater or a cotton one?
4. I would prefer _________( go out) rather than stay at home.
5. We cut down trees to make _________(furniture) and paper.
6. Can you help Tom ________( finish) his summary?
7. My grandma _______(die) more than ten years ago.
8. They are wearing different _________(scarf).
9. We use silk for making ________( cloth)
10. The silk dress_________( feel) soft.
1.I like English better than other subjects. (改为同义句)
I _________English ________ other subjects.
2.People use metal for making forks. (改为同义句)
Forks _______ _________ of metal.
_________ __________ the girl’s sweater ________?
4. People use animal skins to make leather. ( 改为一般疑问句)
_________people ________ animal skins to make leather?
5. Cotton is used to make warm clothes. (改为同义句)
Cotton is used _________ __________ warm clothes.
6. Farmers provide us with vegetables and food. (改为同义句)
Farmers provide us ___________ _____________ __________ __________
7. It is a woolen sweater. (改为同义句)
The sweater is ________ __________ ___________ （就划线部分提问）
_________ is the table covered with?
9. These toy cars are made of plastic. （改为否定句）
These toy cars _________ made of plastic.
10. They have to write a summary. (改为反意疑问句)
They have to write a summary, ___________ ____________?
Have you ever planted a few trees on Tree Planting Day? Each year, millions of people, both ___1__, plant a lot of trees. But this may not be the best way to make your home a ___2___place.
Last week we visited a park in Hebei. We were ___3___ to find most of the trees had been burned. The workers told us that the trees ____4___ soon after they were planted because they weren’t watered well enough. ___5___ workers burned them to clean the place for ____6___trees to be planted this year. ____7___ a card found near one of the dead trees, a student wrote: “ I hope this tree will grow up with me to ____8___the backbone (栋梁) of our country.” The workers said that the survival （存活）of the trees was really more important than ____9__trees were planted. Some people in Beijing now have a new idea that they can donate (捐赠) money and let professionals( 专业人士) plant and ___10__ the trees.
( ) 1. A) students and teachers B) old and young C) boys and girls
D) mother and father
( ) 2. A) smaller B) warmer C) greener D) larger
( ) 3. A) pleased B) happy C) interesting D) shocked
( ) 4. A) died B) grew C) bought D) planted
( ) 5. A) Though B) When C) Because D) So
( ) 6. A) few B) old C) new D) dead
( ) 7. A) Over B) From C) On D) Above
( ) 8. A) need B) hold C) plant D) be
( ) 9. A) how many B) when C) how soon D) why
( ) 10. A) take out B) take down C) take away D) take care of