八年级Unit 4 重难点讲解
1. too many+可数名词复数 eg: There are too many people in the street.
eg: I have too much homework to do.
eg: The doctor told me not to drink too much.
much too+形容词/副词 eg: The coat is much too small.
He’s much too hard for me
The new kind of car is______dear. I don’t have______money.
A. too much; much too B. much too; too much
C. too much; too much D. much too; much too
2. allow sb to do sth:允许某人做某事
allow doing sth：允许做某事
eg: I can allow you_______(talk) to Mom like that.
eg: We don’t allow________(smoke) in our house.
3. hang out：闲逛
______________friends is very interesting.
4. I’m really tired because I studied until midnight last night.
eg: Don’t open it_______your birthday.
She didn’t come back ______eleven o’clock.
I will stay with you until your mother comes back.
5. be good at：擅长；后接表示事物的名词、代词、动名词=do well in
be good for：对。。。有好处，后接表示人或物的名词或代词。
be good to：对。。。友好，后接人的名词或代词。=be kind to=be friendly to
be good with：与。。相处的好。后接表示人的名词或代词。
1. Xu Beihong was good________drawing horses.
A. in B. at C . to D. with
2. She is very good________her neighbore.
A. at B. to C. for D. with
3. Drinking more water is good________you.
A. to B. with C. at D. for
4. He is very good ________the children.
A. to B. with C. at D. for
6. look through:浏览；翻阅；仔细看。
（湖北宜昌中考）-Would you please________the paper for me and see if there are any
-Of course I will.
A. look around B. look through C. look up D. look into
（2012*江西）-________the girl only nine, she takes care of her brother and cooks meals every 1
A. If B. Because C. Although D. For
8. big deal:用于口语，什么大不了的事，重要的事/人
It’s no big deal！ 没什么大不了的！
eg：We did a deal with them last week
I’d like to make a deal with you.
deal:n 大量常用短语。 a good/great deal of sth
eg：He reads a good/great deal 他读书很多。
She spends a good/great deal of money
eg： How did you deal with the bike？
9. get on well with sb=get along well with：和某人相处的好。
eg: She can’t get on with her sister.
拓展：get on=get along：进展；进步
琳达在学校进步很大。 Linda is _____________at school.
你进来生活如何？ How are you getting on these days？
他和她的同学相处的很好。 He _________________his friends
He is________________with his friends.
10. a lot:：修饰形容词或副词比较级连用。 很。还可以修饰动词。
a lot of=lots of+可数或不可数名词。
eg: I’m feeling__________better today.
She laughed _________. 她笑得很厉害。
There are ____________people in the park.
11. I don’t know if I should say anything to them about this.
eg：I don’t know if/whether he will come
We__________(go) to play soccer if it________(rain) tomorrow.
12. instead: adv 代替；反而；却 可放于句首，句中或句末。
（2011*江苏）-We have no coffee. Let’s have tea________.
A. either B. neither C. instead of D. instead -People use cloth bags_______using plastic bags in the supermarket.
You can eat whatever you like
whoever： wherever： however： whenever：
14. offer：愿意给予，主动提出 offer sb sth=offer sth to sb
Provide：为做好准备而“提供；供给”. 常用于provide sb with sth=provide sth for sb -She offered me a job.= She offered a job______me.
-The school provided food ______the students.
=The school provided the students ______food.
15. return=give….back 归还
eg: You must return the book next week.
You must_____the book______next week.
eg：She______her keys in the room.
I _______her address.
拓展： leave:离开 leave……for: 动身去某地。
eg：He is leaving for Beijing next week.
eg：Could I leave her a message？
（2013*湖北）-Show me your homework, Dave?
-Sorry, Mrs. Brown. I’ve_______it at home.
A. missed B. forgotten C. lost D. left
17. succeed:vi 成功 success：n 成功 successful：adj 成功的
eg: He_______finishing this task.
eg:This movie is a great_______.
eg:This is a _______movie. The meeting was held _______.
18. Why don’t you…..?等提建议的句型及其常用答语。
Why don’t you+v…?=why not+v…? 回答：Good idea/That sounds good/Sounds boring What about/How about…..? 回答：Good idea/That sounds good/Sounds boring You’d better (not) do sth
Let’s+v…. 回答：OK/All right/Good idea/Sounds great/Why not？ You should (not) +v….
Would like sth……? 回答：Yes, please/No, thanks.
eg: Why don’t you______(go) home?=Why not _______(go) home?
How about_______(go) fishing?
You’d better _______(go) for a walk.
Let’s______(go) for a walk.
(2011*广西) It’s raining heavily outside. Why don’t you______your raincoat?
A. put on B. to put on C. take off D. to take off
19. however&but 区别
but连接两个分句或有关部分，表示转折关系，使用最广，口语中更为常见。 eg：He disagreed at first. Later, however, he changed his mind.
I’d love to go, but I’m too busy.
20. until: 直到….. not until：直到……才
eg: He came back until eleven o’clock.
He didn’t come back until eleven o’clock.
(2012*重庆) I didn’t believe he could drive_____he told me.
A. once B. while C. since D. until
21. continue: 及物动词，后接名词/动名词
eg: He continued________(write) until he died.
22. compare…with: 把 …和 ..比较
eg: She compares me with my brother.
We often compare children to flowers.
23. join：加入团体，组织并成为其中的一员。（参军，入党，加入俱乐部等） take part in：参加活动或比赛。
eg: He________the army at the age of 18. 他18岁参军。
Students__________the sports meeting/activities.
1. Why don’t you______an English club to practice_______English?
A. to join; to speak B. join; speaking C. join, to speak D. to join; speaking
2. _______he exercises every day, ______he is very healthy.
A. Because, so B. Though, but C. Because,/ D. Though,/
3. Tigers wait______it is dark, then go out to find their food.
A. since B. until C.as D. because
4. The teacher speaks very loudly______all the students can hear her.
A. so that B. because C.since D. when