牛津英语8B Unit 1 基础知识巩固练习2013-5-23
1. His parents always tell him to drive (safe).
2. It’s (correct) to leave litter everywhere .
3. (luck) , his car crashed into a tree last night .
4. What (change) can you see in these two photos ?
5. The airport has been in (serve) since ten years ago .
6. You can’t believe him . He is a (honest) man .
7. When he got home , he found his wallet (lose) .
8. What wonderful (time) we are living in !
9. Nothing is to a willing mind . (possible)
10. He has changed a lot in some (way) .
11. Rice is growing fine , (especial) in this area .
12. Many birds fly to (south) cities in winter .
13. All the visitors felt (relax) at this piece of music .
14. These young men (waste) a lot of money on horse racing in the past .
15. On Women’s Day , many husbands buy beautiful flowers for their . (wife)
16. What do you think about air (pollute) in your home town ?
17. It is wrong (throw) food to animals in the zoo .
18. Tom used (swim) in the river when he was young .
19. Do you often go out (walk) your pet dog after supper ?
20. In the past three years , I (read) a lot of interesting books .
21. I (make) a lot of friends since I (come) to Nanjing last year .
22. The boy wants to be a teacher when he (grow) up .
23. I felt (happy) after I heard the bad news .
24. Your father is sleeping . Don’t you walk into the bedroom (quiet) ?
25. Nobody likes to make friends with (polite) children .
26. Many people in the West think 13 is an (lucky) number .
27. Stop eating (health) food , and you will be slimmer .
28. I tried to make him happy , but my words just made him even (sad) .
29. He is sometimes too (careful) in exams and gets very few points .
30. I (see) the film already . I (see) it yesterday evening .
1. The boy was born in 1990 . Since then , he (live) in Nanjing .
2. In the past he was careless . He often (make) mistakes .
3. ---- Has the train (arrive) yet ? ---- Yes , it (arrive) ten minutes ago .
4. The bowl is empty . He (eat) the food .
5. Do you know how long it (be) in use ?
6. There (be) many changes in China since 1979 .
7. I (teach) English in this school since I (come) to Shanghai .
8. When he was young , he used to (get) up early to do morning exercises .
9. Bill spends much time (develop) computer programmes (程序) .
10. Have you (write) to your pen friends since you came to Nanjing ?
11. He (not come) back yet .
12. My uncle (work) here as a teacher since he (leave) school in 2002 . 1
13. I (not do) my homework yet . I (do) it tomorrow .
14. Eddie (live) with Millie since he was born .
15. Jack (keep) this story book for a very long time .
The Whites Nanjing three years ago .
a bus station near the school .
People’s life is much than before .
I in the country for a long time .
We are going to the scientist .
I can’t play computer games .
There is in Nanjing than in Shanghai .
They on October 1st last year .
I from him .
She haven’t decided .
I here since I Nanjing .
you your homework ?
, the boy was only six years old .
I such a beautiful model pyramid .
I a cold last week .
I him the news .
I have train .
you an English letter ?
I was very happy to 20. 过去人们常常住在旧房子里。
People in old houses .
Things a lot the years .
22. 现在， 我们镇上越来越多的人搬到新房子里了。
Now , more and more people into the new houses in our town .
， people who live in big cities .
Later , the government realized it was and 25. 湿地的变化已经带来了很多优势，但它们也为野生动物带来很多问题。
the wetlands have brought many advantages but they have also for wildlife .
It a forest lots of trees and many wild animals .
The little boy goes to school by bus every day.
The teaching building for 10 years .
Shanghai a city .
30. ---- 我能借你一下尺子吗？---- 对不起， 我已经借给玛丽了。
---- Can I your ruler , please ?
---- I am sorry , I it to Mary .
Moonlight Town (use) to be a quiet place . However , it has (change) a lot over the years . It is much easier and (fast) to go to the centre of town ,but it (have) (few) trees than before .
However , most young people them a modern life .
to be a river around it . There were
places have changed into tall buildings . There are many good schools now . There is a good school called Xinhua . It is in the south of the city .
某英文报举办“家乡的变化”主题征文活动。请你根据下表提示，以“The changes in My Hometown”为题，用英语写一篇90词左右的短文。
In the past , my hometown was very small . 范文：
The Changes in My Hometown
In the past , my hometown was very small . People lived a poor life . The houses were old and small . Pollution was very serious , and there was rubbish everywhere . The traffic was not convenient , so few visitors came here .
Now things have changed a lot over the years in my hometown . The environment has become more beautiful . The mountains have turned greener , the rivers cleaner and the sky bluer . There are trees , flowers and grass everywhere .People live a better life . Their houses are large and bright . Many people have their own cars . Every year , thousands of people from all over the world come to visit our city .
I’m sure my hometown will become better and better in the future .
The best way of learning a language is using it . The best way of learning English is talking in English as much as possible . Sometimes you’ll get your words mixed up (混合) and people will not understand you . Sometimes people will say things too quickly and you can’t understand them . But if you keep your sense of humor , you can always have a good laugh at the mistakes you make . Don’t be unhappy if people seem to be laughing at your mistakes . It’s better for people to laugh at your mistakes than to be angry with you , because they don’t understand what you are saying . The most important thing for learning English is , “Don’t be afraid of making mistakes because everyone makes mistakes .”
( )1. The writer thinks that the best way for you to learn a language is .
A. writing B. using it C. listening D. learning grammar
( )2. What should you do in learning English ?
A. Be careful not to make any mistakes .
B. Write as quickly as you can .
C. Speak English as much as you can .
D. Laugh more often .
( )3. When you make a mistake , you should .
A. keep quiet B. get angry C. be kind D. keep your sense of humor
( )4. When people laugh at your mistakes , you should .
A. not care B. be happy C. feel worried D. be unhappy
( )5. The story tells us: “ ”.
A. Only foolish (愚蠢的) people make mistakes .
B. Few people make mistakes
C. People never make mistakes
D. There is no one who doesn’t make mistakes