1. --- I think eating more vegetables is good _______ our health.
--- Yes, I agree _______ you.
A. at, to B. to, to C. for, with D. for, to
2. --- Do you know the boy________ is sitting next to Peter?
--- Yes. He is Peter’s friend. They are celebrating his ________ birthday.
A. who; ninth B. that; nineth C. /; nineth D. which; ninth
3. --- Did you have a good time at Laura’s birthday party?
--- Yes, indeed. It’s several years ________ I enjoyed myself so much.
A. when B. before C. since D. that
4. --- You can use MSN to talk with Vivien on the Internet.
--- I know. But can you tell me ________?
A. when I can use it B. what I can use it
C. why can I use it D. how can I use it
5. ---The 2010 World Expo (世博会) which will last 184 days will be held in Shanghai on May 1st. --- ________ exciting news! We shall try our best to support it.
A. How B. What C. How an D. What an
6. --- Have you seen the TV play My Ugly Mother?
--- Yes, it’s well worth ________. It’s ________ moving that I’ve seen it twice.
A. seeing; too B. to see; enough C. seeing; so D. to see; such
7. --- What do you think of the lecture of Li Yang’s Crazy English?
--- I think it’s _______ , but someone thinks it’s much too ________.
A. wonderful enough; bored B. enough wonderful; boring
C. wonderful enough; boring D. enough wonderful; bored
8. --- Who will send you to the new school, your mom or your dad?
--- _______. I’ll go there by myself.
A. Both B. Either C. Neither D. None
9. --- Is this park you’ve visited recently?
--- Yes, it's the most beautiful one I’ve ever visited before.
A. the one B. that C. which D. the one which
10. --- It’s difficult for the village children to cross the river for school.
--- I think a bridge ________ over the river.
A. should be built B. is being built C. has been built D. was built 1
11. --- How do you like the dishes, Eric? --- Fantastic! Nothing tastes ________. A. nice B. better C. terrible D. worse 12. --- After discussing, the students ________ some good ideas to work on the project. --- That’s great! A. put up B. came up with C. caught up with D. set up 13. --- Did you see a girl in yellow pass by just now? --- No, sir. I ________ a magazine. A. read B. am reading C. would read D. was reading 14. --- What did Mr Green say to you?
--- ―What a heavy rain! How did you come here?‖ He asked________. A. at all B. in fact C. in surprise D. as a result 15. --- Zhao Rui, it’s said that many famous singers will come to Yangzhou on April 18th. How about watching the evening show there?
--- ________! Let’s ask Huang Tao to go with us. A. Best wishes B. Sounds great C. Good luck D. That’s OK
If you are writing or studying, it makes much difference where the light comes from. People use and pens every day. They have to be very careful about the way of the light because the light shines on their work.
Every gets its light either from daylight the window from the lamps or electricity, no matter what kind of light it is, the way it shines towards our books or work is very important to the eyes.
Take a book and sit with your toward the window, and try to read. Your shadow(影子) falls all over the page and makes it for your eyes as if you were in a room.
Now turn around and face the window. The page is shadow again, while the bright light is in your eyes.
Try sitting with your side toward the window. This is very good for you were writing, the shadow fall across the page and bother you .
There is another way – sit your left side to the window. Now everything is perfect for writing as well.
Whatever kind of light is in the room, the rule about the right way to sit is the same. 16. A. eyes B. heads C. books D. hands 17. A. man B. woman C. house D. animals 18. A. from 19. A. and 20. A. but 21. A. side
B. through B. then B. until B. back
C. into C. as C. if
D. inside D. or D. when D. front
22. A. good 23. A. bright 24. A. in 25. A. front 27. A. can 28. A. few 29. A. by
B. bad B. into
C. useful C. dirty C. on C. left
D. clear D. dark D. to D. right D. studying D. will D. a little D. near
B. clean B. back B. reading B. may B. a few B. with
26. A. speaking C. writing C. would C. little C. against
30. A. only B. never C. not often D. always 三、阅读理解(共l5小题；每小题2分，计30分)
31. When do they stop serving dinner? A. 10:00 a.m. A. $ 4.1.
B. 10:30 p.m. C. 2:00 p.m. B. $ 5.85 C. $ 6.00.
D. 9:30 p.m. D. $ 6.60
32. How much do a small hamburger, two chocolate cakes and a large soft drink cost? 33. How many kinds of things have chocolate in them?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three. D. Four.
Volunteering means that you work to help people without being paid. There are many different volunteers. They help people who really need help. There are many places where you can be volunteers. Here are just a few places for you.
Hospital---ask if you can go and visit people who are really sick. Sometimes what they need is someone to talk to, or someone to give them hope.
Orphanage (孤儿院) ---the children living there really need someone to play with them.
Food Shelter（救助站）---many food shelters need people to clean up the shelters and help give out food or water to those who need it.
Seniors’ Home (敬老院) ---help the elderly people clean up their homes.
Community (社区) Center ---a lot of community centers are very well run. However, some of them really need extra help, especially cleaning and repairs.
As a student you can also do a lot of things to help others at school. Maybe you could start a support group. Here is some advice:
Help students give up smoking, drinking or other bad habits.
Help students who come from poor families.
Help new students get used to their school life soon.
Provide graduating students with information on future studies.
34. Volunteers don’t want to get ________ when they help others.
A. everything B. money C. some presents D. a job
35. How many places are mentioned for you to be volunteers in according to this passage?
A. Six B. Five C. Four D. Three
36. The volunteers can ________ in the community center.
A. give the sick person hope B. give out food or water to the people who need it
C. play with the children in orphanage D. clean up the yard
37. From the passage, you know the following volunteer jobs can be done at school except _______.
A. helping students who come from poor families
B. helping the students who have bad habits
C. helping the student to copy others' homework
D. helping the students in trouble with their studies
For a long time, humans have used technology (科技) to study the world around us, and Mars is the latest place we’re using machines to explore. Besides the earth, the ―red planet‖ is seen, as the one place in our solar system most likely to have life.
Early last month, the first American robot, Spirit, landed on Mars without any problem. Opportunity, the second robot, landed on the planet more than a week ago. Scientists are very excited about these machines’ safe landing on Mars. It means that now we have an excellent chance to look for water and other signs of life. So far, the robots have found some stones that could show Mars was once a wet and warm planet.
But the trips made by Spirit and Opportunity were dangerous. Mars is often called the ―death planet‖, because in the past its environment has been unfriendly to the robot explorers. Before Spirit and Opportunity, nearly forty spaceships had been sent to Mars since the 1960s. Two-thirds of them failed. The first spaceship, Korabl, sent in 1962 by Russia was among them. It broke apart (分裂) near the earth.
38. For a long time humans think ________.
A. they can surely find life on Mars B. there may be life on Mars
C. it’s too late for them to explore Mars now D. Mars is the only planet that has life on it
39. The two robots ________.
A. have found out that it is warm and wet on Mars
B. were sent to Mars to find some stones
C. were the first two American robots that landed on Mars
D. are the only machines that have landed on Mars so far
40. The third paragraph mainly tell us ________.
A. it’s a very hard and dangerous trip for spaceships to Mars
B. two-thirds of the spaceships sent to Mars have failed
C. Spirit and Opportunity landed on Mars successful
D. Mars is called the ―death planet‖
41. From this passage we learn that ________.
A. the two robots have found water on Mars
B. Opportunity touched on Mars a week later than Spirit
C. it’s exciting to have the chance to look for signs of life on Mars
D. Korabl was the first Russian machine to land on Mars
Many children use the Internet to get useful knowledge and information, and to relax in their free time. But some of them are not using in a good way. Here are some rules to make sure you are safe and have fun on the Internet.
● Make rules for Internet use with your parents. For example, when you can go online, for how long and what activities you can go online.
● Don’t give your password (密码) to anyone else, and never the following information---your real name, home address, age, school, phone number or other personal information.
● Check with your parents before giving out a credit (信用) card number.
● Never send a photo of yourself to someone in e-mail unless your parents say it’s OK. ● Check with your parents before going into a chat room. Different chat rooms have different rules and attract different kinds of people. You and your parents must make sure it’s a right place for you.
● Never agree to meet someone you met on the Internet without your parent’s permission (允许). Never meet anyone you met on line alone.
● Always remember that people online may not be who they say they are. Treat everyone online as strangers.
● If something you see or read online makes you uncomfortable, leave the site. Tell a parent or teacher right away.
● Treat other people as you’d like to be treated. Never use bad language.
● Remember—not everything you read on the Internet is true.
42. It’s good for children to ________ on the Internet.
A. give password to others
B. get useful knowledge and information
C. give out a credit card number
D. go into a chat room as they’d like to
43. The underlined phrase ― in the third paragraph may mean “________.‖
A. give away B. leave out C. give out D. put away
44. If your parents don’t agree, never ________.
A. read anything on the Internet
B. relax in your free time