1.My hobby is collecting ______ (邮票).
2. Tom likes playing ______ (排球) very much.
3. I believe the ______ (友谊) between us will last long.
4. Read the ______ (说明) carefully before you use the machine.
5. There’re sixty ______ (秒) in a minute.
6. Jim has a good ______ (记忆) for numbers.
7. Everyone knows that Bob is an ______(诚实的) boy.
8. The computer is easy to get ______ (病毒), so you must be careful.
9. Lucy and Lily are twins, but they have different ______ (性格).
10. They got to school on time, ______ (尽管) it rained heavily yesterday.
11. This is a ______ (week) magazine and it comes out once a week.
12. Ms. Li is ______ (worry) about her son’s English because he failed the English exam again.
13. Team One beat Team Two in the football match, so Team One was the ______ (win).
14. Mum, don’t worry about me too much. I’m old enough to look after ______ (I).
15. At the ______ (begin) of the meeting, Mr. Smith said that I got the first place in the exam.
16. The ______ (operate) was successful and Mr. Li was saved.
17. I did very well in the ______ (finally) exam.
18. I think the computer is the most helpful ______ (invent) in the world.
19. Mr. Black went to hospital in America for special ______ (treat).
20. Please play the ______ (record) and I want to dance to the music.
1. —Would you like to go to the magic show with us?
—I’d love to. But I have to stay at home and ______ for the coming maths exam.
A. punish B. prepare C. hold D. touch
2. Don’t ______ money to Nick. He always ______ money from others and never pays back.
A. borrow; borrows B. borrow; lends C. lend; lends D. lend; borrows
3. I ______ you if I ______ free tomorrow.
A. visit; will be B. will visit; am C. visit; am D. will visit; will be
4. Lily said she ______ solve the problem by herself.
A. will be B. can be C. will be able to D. would be able to
—Yes, I like collecting dolls.
A. What’s your hobby? B. What happened to you?
C. Do you like collecting anything? D. Why do you collect dolls?
6. —When will you give the interview?
—______ the end of this month.
A. By B. In C. On D. At
7. —Why are you so sad, Jim?
—I asked my mother to buy a new bike for me, but she ______.
A. hated B. explained C. refused D. mentioned
8. —Can you work our the maths problem?
—Sorry, I can ______ understand it.
A. almost B. quite C. nearly D. hardly
9. —Don’t forget to ______ the water when you finish using it.
A. turn on B. turn down. C. turn off D. turn up
10. —It’s your last ______, so don’t miss it!
A. excuse B. memory C. chance D. result
11. When Ann remembered ______ the book, she stopped ______ home to get it.
A. to take; to return B. taking; returning C. taking; to return D. to take; returning
12. You’d better ______ for the traffic lights when you cross the street.
A. look out B. look down C. look after D. look up
13. She doesn’t like to watch the action movie ______ there is too much fighting in it.
A. whether B. because C. so D. when
14. The doctor advises us ______ our hands with soap.
A. wash B. washes C. to wash D. washing
15. —Do you know ______ have the meeting?
—Yes, at five o’clock.
A. where we will B. when we will C. where will we D. when will we
English words from other languages but it is not the language to do this. The world’s most languages all have loan(借来的) words. Both Japanese Korean have a lot, and most of them come Chinese and English. Japanese has also borrowed some words from German and some food and words from Italian. Sometimes when a word moves one language to another, the meaning change. For example, the English word “dessert” means something to eat, 1. A.buys B. borrows C. gives D. lends
2. A.first B. important C. many D. only
3. A. important B. interesting C. longest D. difficult
4. A. and B. or C. nor D. while
5. A. for B. out C. from D. of
6. A.medicine B. medical C. hospital D. doctor
7. A.musician B. instrument C. musical D. music
8. A. instead B. about C. up D. from
9. A.must B. can C. may D. could
10. A. but B. and C. or D. though