八年级下M8 TIME OFF 学案
1.There are lots of people in the park today. Some are walking and ______ are boating .
A. another B. the others C. others D. the other
2. ______ Lingling _______ Daming does well in English.
A. Not only; but also B. Both; and C. Either; nor D. Neither; or
3. Mary’s room is a bit untidy. So she’ll tidy it _______.
A. up B. on C. in D. to
4. The movie is very ______. So the children are _________ in it.
A． interest; interested B. interesting; interesting
C. interesting; interested D. interested; interest
5. All the children like Tommy because his stories always make them ________.
A. to laugh B. laughs C. laugh D. laughing
6. Which hobby do you think _____ good for your study?
A. it B. is C. it’s D. its
7. There is ______ in today’s newspaper.
A. something important B. important something
C. important nothing D. anything important
8. Some hobbies can make you _____ your interests and help you learn new skills.
A. to develop B. develops C. development D. develop
9. The teacher asked us ________ in class.
A. to talk B. talk C. not to talk D. don’t talk
10. I asked my mum to buy me a dog. I think I would look________ it.
A. for B. after C. out D. up
11. Lingling spends two hours ______ English every day.
A. practice speaking B. practicing speak
C. practicing speaking D. practice speak
12. He doesn’t want to ______ much time ______ computer games.
A. spend ; on B. spend ; in C. spent; on spent; in
13. Which hobby do you think takes ______ the least space?
A. up B. on C. in D. to
14. Hello, all the students! I have some good news ________ you.
A. tell B. tells C. telling D. to tell
15. — Why were you late this morning?
— Because there was ____ traffic on my way to school.
A. much too B. too much
C. too many D. very much
16. — He always works ____ at English, doesn’t he?
— Yes, but he still can ___ speak English.
A. hard; hard B. hard; hardly
C. hardly; hardly D. hardly; hard
17. — _____ do you e-mail your penfriend? — Usually once a week.
A. How long B. How often
C. How far D. How soon
18. — Could you tell me where the hospital is?
— ___ the bridge and turn right, and you can see it.
A. Cross B. Across C. Past D. Through
19. — Do you need any help?
— No, thanks. Everything goes well and ______ has happened.
A. something unusualB. unusual nothing
C. unusual something D. nothing unusual
20. My uncle told me ________.
A. not touch the leaves
B. not to touch the leaves
C. don’t touch the leaves
D. not touching the leaves
21. — I didn’t pass the test last week.
— Did you ______ your father the truth?
A. speak B. say C. tell D. talk
22. — Where is Mary? I can’t find her anywhere. — She must be around. I just saw her ___ the printer when I passed two minutes ago.
A. use B. using C. to use D. used
23. Hearing that he was tired of the same old sandwiches, she suggested ____ some Chinese food for a change.
A. try B. to try C. trying D. tried
24. — Why do you look ________, Jim?
— I didn’t have a good night because of the big noise near my house.
A. sleeping B. asleep C. sleepy D. sleep
25. Mr Smith told me that I ___ have my holiday the next week.
A. / B. can C. could D. will
26. The meat is ___ cheap but you can’t eat __.
A. much too; much too
B. much too; too much
C. too much; too much
D. too much; much too
27. ─ What a lovely card! Where did you buy it?
─ I made it by ____.
A. me B. himself
C. myself D. itself
28. ____ I live near the sea, I am not a good swimmer.
A. Although B. Because
C. Since D. If
29. Lu Yi is famous ____ a movie star and Lu Yao is famous ____ his articles.
A. for; as B. as; for C. for; for D. as; as
30. Zhou Feng has learned English for many years, but he can ____ understand the English speakers.
A. hardly B. certainly
C. always D. almost
31. Our parents often tell us not ____ alone in the river in summer.
A. swim B. to swim
C. swimming D. swam
32. ─ I’ll go fishing this weekend.
A. Can’t you fish?
B. That’s very kind of you.
C. What about more fish?
D. Have a good time.
33. My dictionary ____. I have looked for it everywhere, but still ____ it.
A. is lost; don’t find
B. has missing; don’t find
C. is lost; haven’t found
D. is missing; won’t find
34. His parents were ____ their son at Guangzhou Station when they heard he could not return home because of the bad weather those days.
A. worried about B. surprised at
C. pleased with D. angry with
35. ─ Do you think it is a good idea to visit Wudong Mountain on a rainy day? ─ ____. I prefer a fine day.
A. I’m afraid not B. I think so
C. Of course D. I agree with you
1. The little girl showed me her doll _______________(collect).
2. His mum has no _________________(兴趣) in his hobbies.
3. It’s difficult ________________(remember) so many words.
4. The boys like all kinds of _______________(activity) .
5. It’s _____________(use) to learn English well.
6. My brother has got a large ____________ (收藏品) of stamps
7. Lucy was ill. The doctor a_____ her to have a good rest.
8. I didn’t w________ up until I heard the alarm clock ringing this morning.
9. Though it’s summer, there is snow on the t_______ of the mountain.
10. All _________ (植物) need water and light.
11. Dad asked us to finish the work by _________ (我们自己).
12. She asked me what my __________ (电话) number was.
13. It’s important to improve your reading _________ (技能).
14. We are _________ (spend) some time off in Suzhou now.
15. It is wrong _______ (pull) the leaves of the trees.
16. Tomorrow we are going to climb the second _________ (high) mountain in China.
17. He told us not ________ (worry).
18. I didn’t want to play in the _______ (finally) solo
19. I remember ________ （turn） off the light in my bedroom, but now it’s still on.
20. I tried __________ （not worry）, but I phoned him once a day.
21. Don’t forget ________ （bring） your new camera tomorrow.
22. If the kid ________ （want） to fly a kite, we ________ （go） to the park.
23. If you __________（not have） a ticket, you _________ （not get） in.
24. If he __________ （be） late, __________ （not wait） for him.
25. We must clean and tidy the room when we finish _________ （paint）.
26. If the car won’t start, try ________ （push） it.
27. Don’t forget _________（water） my flowers while I’m away.
28. If he ________（pass） the exam, his father ________ （buy） him a computer.
29. Certainly I posted your letter—I remember _________ （post） it.
30. As he _________ （read） the newspaper, Granny went out quietly.
31. I look forward to ________ （receive） your reply as soon as possible.
32. They ________ （listen） to the teacher when the bell _______（ring）.
1．In spring, many flowers ______________.
2．My sister made many mistakes in the exam, ____________, She couldn’t past it.
3. He can speak English and he can speak French __________.
4. We have many subjects to learn, __________ History, Chemistry, Science and so
5. _________ Lily ________ Daming went to see the film.
6. ________________ animals is not a easy thing.
7. We must ________ the truth of the matter.
8. ________ the girls _____________ outdoor spots?
9. Boys and girls, please ______________ the classroom after the party.
10. You should take notes ______________ listen.
11. 那本书是2004 年出版的。
The book ________ ________ in 2004.
His songs ________ him _______ all over the world.
What do you often do _________ ________ _________ ________?
Her hard work ____________ her _________ __________.
His hobbies can help him _______ __________.
If you are feeling tired, you should take some ______ ______.
In the morning Tom ______ _______ as usual but found that everything in the room was gone.
Beijing is the capital of China and every day tourists from _______ ________ the country come to visit it.
1. The monkeys in the zoo are always jumping. (改成同义句)
The monkeys in the zoo are jumping ______ ______ _______. 就划线部分提问)
_______ ________ do you go to the cinema?
3. Many young people like sports, for example, football and basketball. (改成同义句)
4. Where does he live? Do you think? (合并成一句)
______ _______ ________ _______ he lives?
5. He didn’t come here because it rained heavily. (改成同义句)
He didn’t come here ________ _________ the heavy rain.
6. If I go there, I’ll buy （划线提问）
________ ________ you ________ for your mother if you go there?
7. You’ll be late if you don’t hurry up. （并列句）
_______ ________, _________ you’ll be late.
8. Leave the gym during the party. （否定句）
_______ ________ the gym during the party.
9. Mike does his best—he always works as hard as he can at school. （同义句）
Mike does his best—he always as _______ as_______ at school.
10. If you eat healthy food, your body and mind will work well. （否定句）
If you ________ eat healthy food, your body and mind _______ work well.
五． 完形填空。（每小题1 分，共10分）
When you travel ，you are able to learn many things that you cannot learn at school or you can spend time in other countries, you will get a real chance the life of people in those countries.
You can see what kind of lifestyle (生活方式) they have — what their houses are like, what they eat, what kind of clothes they , what types of jobs they do their spare time. By walking among them, near them in restaurants and buses and hearing the language they speak, you will really start to know them in a way you would be able to learn from books, films or TV programs.
You can also learn a lot about eat and learn their language? When you start to ask yourself these things, you will learn a lot about others and yourself. Travelling you learn about other people and other places. It makes you think about yourself and where you live. Many of the things you experience by spending time in country cannot be learned in any other way.
( ) 36. A. So B. And C. If D. But
( ) 37. A. to B. with C. for D. about
( ) 38. A. put on B. dress C. wear D. get
( ) 39. A. take B. pay C. do D. spend
( ) 40. A. sit B. to sit C. sitting D. sat
( ) 41. A. often B. always C. sometimes D. never
( ) 42. A. itself B. yourself C. myself D. themselves
( ) 43. A. helps B. teaches C. gets D. finds
( ) 44. A. also B. only C. either D. neither
( ) 45. A. another B. other C. the other D. the others
Hobbies help you learn a new skill. It’s different from the one in the work. For example, my father likes fishing. He is patient. He often tells me, “Don’t be afraid of waiting. You will get something surprising.” He is seldom angry. And he is always hopeful whatever he meets. A hobby can make you feel good about yourself. So you can be sure of yourself. Someone said a hobby could even help you with a difficult meeting, making you more sure of yourself. Finally, we enjoy the free time and may have new ways of thinking.
Take it easy. Hobbies are not hard things. It could be anything, like collecting stamps, riding bicycles, listening to music, cooking, talking, hosting parties, writing ... You can have any hobbies, so just have one.
( ) 46. What does the writer’s father like?
A. Swimming. B. Fishing.
C. Watching TV. D. Boating.
( ) 47. Which hobby is NOT mentioned?
A. Cooking. B. Listening to music. C. Collecting coins. D. Talking.
( ) 48. How many benefits (好处) does the writer give about the hobbies?
A. One. B. Two. C. Three. D. Four.
( ) 49. Why did someone say a hobby could even help you with a difficult meeting?
A. Because hobbies help you learn a new skill. B. Because you can be patient.
C. Because it can make you be sure of yourself.
D. Because we may enjoy the free time.
( ) 50. What’s the main idea of the passage?
A. Turn off the TV.
B. Have new ways of thinking.
C. Change your ways of life.
D. Do your hobbies.
1. 济南又名“泉城”（the Spring City），城中多喷泉，其中最有名的是“趵突泉”（the Baotu Spring）。
2. 大明湖（the Daming Lake）方圆0.74平方公里，湖边绿树成荫。泛舟湖上，别有情趣。
3. 千佛山（Mount Qianfo）上有上千尊佛像（figures of Buddha）, 每年有成千上万的人前来参观。
Jinan is also called the Spring City. It’s famous for many springs. The most famous one is called the Baotu Spring. There is a big lake in the city. It’s called the Daming Lake. It’s about 0.74 square kilometer. There are many trees around the lake. You can have fun boating on it. There are thousands of figures of Buddha on Mount Qianfo. Thousands of people climb the mountain and visit it every year.