1. He got gradually ____ in the case, though he didn't intend to originally.
A. connected B. related C. interfered D. involved
2. He suddenly called my name on the street, but I could not ____where ihad met him before.
A. reminded B. recall C. record D. reclaim
3. We are going to be very busy. There is a large _of work for us to do.
A. amount B. number C. lot D. deal
4. The insurance company will pay for the fueniture____by fire.
A. destoryed B. demolished C. damaged D. ruined
5. The ____of his laboratory took time and money.
A. instruments B. equipment C. appliance D. devices
6. A new telescope that may reveal the new ____has been set up.
A. universe B. sky C. orbit D. space
7. –Will you go to the movies with us tonight?
--I’m sorry, I have not made up my yet。
A heart B. brain C. mind D. head
8. I put the medicine bottle on the high shelf in order to ____children ____reaching it.
A. forbid…to B. prevent…from C. prohibit…to D. stop…from
9. It was his pride that ____ in his failutr in the final exam.
A. resulted B. led C. caused D. gave
10. His political ideas were too ____to get support from ordianry people.
A. competent B. complicated C. complimentary D. complex
11. Scientists have done _____ to reveal the effects of cigarette smoking.
A. many researches B. many searches
C. much research D. much search
12. Did you attend the party which ____ place in our department yesterday?
A. took B. was taken C. gave D. was given
13. This district has enormous ______ for economic development, but a great deal of money is needed.
A. opportunity B. potential C. possibility D. sensibility
14. Although he has given us ____ information on that matter, we still can’t draw to a conclusion.
A. an B. many C. some D. much
15. I don’t know why, but he has actually given us no ____ to our proposal.
A. reaction B. action C. reflection D. relation