1. --- Hi! Li Hong. I didn't see you at the party.
--- Oh, I was busy _______(get) ready for the coming exams.
2. The old men enjoy _______(listen) to the singing of the birds in the park.
3. Why did you keep your brother _______ (wait) for a long time that evening?
4. When they met again, they were too excited _______(say) a word.
5.Through the window, I saw some boys _______(play) basketball.
6.He didn't finish _______(write) the book until last week.
7. Let me _______(help) you _______(water) the flowers.
8. Little Sandy would love _______(take) to the cinema this evening.
9. How much time did you spend _______ (watch) TV last night?
*10. Li Lei is asking his uncle, an English teacher, _______(help) him think of a foreign name.
11. You don't need _______ (worry) about your friend. He is safe at home.
12. --- How long did it take you _______(do) your homework yesterday? --- About half an hor.
13. It's going ______(rain); you'd better ______(take) an umbrella with you.
14. I often hear people _______(say) “_______(see) is _______(believe)”.
*15. We haven't yet decided whether _______ (get) there by bus or by bike.
16. ____________ (repair) my TV set cost me 100 yuan.
17.There are a number of students ________(wait) to get examined.
18. Excuse me for _______(come) in without being asked.
19. Mr Black gave up ______(smoke) only a few years ago. He looks very healthy now.
20. I'm hungry. Get me something __________ (eat).
21. The girl _______(stand) under the tree is my cousin Kate.
22.Books _______ (write) in easy English are popular among Chinese middle school students.