Unit 7 Food Festival
Topic1 May I invite you to our food festival? Section A
If someone is in trouble, what will you do?
Daniel Igali a village in Nigeria an Olympic wrestling champion
Will Kangkang’s classmates help Daniel Igali? Yes, they will. What will they do? They will have a food festival to raise money for his school.
Do you know about Daniel Igali?
Kangkang: Yes. He is the first Canadian Olympic wrestling champion. Michael : But he was born in Nigeria. Maria: Jane: Yes. And I know he wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria. He is very kind. But I think money must be a problem for him.
Kangkang: Mm, shall we have a food festival to raise money for his school? Jane: Good idea! When and where shall we have it?
举办美食节 hold/organize a food festival
Kangkang: I think we can have it on our school playground on Sunday.
I will turn to our teachers.
My task is to make a poster.
向某人求助 ask sb. for help
Kangkang: Good! I’ll get in touch with Daniel on the Internet to get more information about him.
I will think about how to organize the food festival.
Great! Let’s try our best to make it successful.
1. know about 了解 2. was/were born in ... 出生于· · · · · · 3. must be ... 肯定是· · · · · · 4. have a food festival 举办美食节 5. raise money 筹钱 6. turn to sb. 向某人求助 7. make a poster 制作一张海报 8. get in touch with sb. on the Internet 与某人在网上联系 9. get more information about ...获得更多有关· · · · · · 的信息 10. think about 考虑
1) I know he wants to build a new school for his poor village in Nigeria.
2) I think money must be a problem for him.
3) I think we can have it on our school playground on
4) I will think about how to organize the food festival.
宾语从句是指充当宾语的句子。当陈述句充当宾语时， 由that来引导，that 在口语或非正式文体中常省略。如： I know (that) he is a Canadian athlete. Do you think (that) the children need to write a song? Maria says (that) she doesn’t like the uniforms.
Read 1a again and match.
Jane says (that) Kangkang knows (that) Michael thinks (that) Maria says (that)
she will turn to their teachers. money must be a problem for Daniel Igali. Daniel Igali was born in Nigeria. Daniel Igali is a Canadian athlete.
Work in groups: Practice the conversation with your partners and then act it out. The key words may help you.
1. know about 2. born 3. when and where 4. think about how
1. 2. 3. 4.
wrestling 1. village raise money 2. turn to I think 3. try our best to get in touch with
1. problem 2. poster
Discuss what the food festival will be like after the example.
Example: A: What will the food festival be like? Can you imagine