Welcome to the unit
Where do birds fly when winter comes?
They fly to the south.
northeast east southeast
请 你 帮 它 W 找 食 物。
a horse north east
south east south south east west grass south
Where is …
Zoo Hospital Museum School Post Office Cinema Park Restaurant Shopping Mall
The post office is north of the cinema.
The zoo is _____ of the school. west
The restaurant is _______ north of the shopping mall. The __________ restaurant is northeast of the
The zoo is north of Beijing Sunshine Secondary School. The Sunnyside Garden is north-west of the zoo. The Lake Park is south-west of Beijing Sunshine Secondary School. the zoo 3 4
Beijing Sunshine Secondary School
the Sunnyside Garden 5
the Lake 7 Park
How do you usually go on a trip? I usually go on a trip by bike. by car by underground on foot by taxi by train by plane / air by ship / sea …
You and your partner are talking about the ways to get to the places in the map. Use Simon and Daniel’s conversation as a model. Let’s go to the zoo. OK. We can go by bus.
--- Let’s go to … --- OK. We can …
Why don’t we …? What about …? Why not …?
Where is …?
How can we go there?
Picture and recorder
1. Where are Hobo and Eddie standing?
On top of a hill.
2. How does Hobo go down the hill?
Hobo jumps down.
3. What does the sign say?
It says “Dogs this way”. 4. Do they have to go up the hill again?
Yes, they do.
Follow me, Eddie. I know the way.
Are you sure, Hobo?
Let’s go down here.
No, I can’t.
Don’t be afraid. Come with me.
Eddie, I think we have to go up again. Oh, no!
follow --- go or come after Follow me, please. Spring follows winter. down --- in or towards a low or lower position, from a higher one Sit down, please. Go down the stairs. afraid --- feeling fear Don’t be afraid. be afraid of The boy is afraid of dogs.
1. Let’s enjoy Beijing opera here. (同义句)
Shall we enjoy Beijing opera here? 2. Be late for school. (否定句) Don’t be late for school. 3. I think we can go there by taxi. (否定句)
I don’t think we can go there by taxi.
4. She goes to the zoo by bus. (对交通方式提问) How does she go to the zoo?
5. Simon walks to the supermarket. (同义句)
Simon goes to the supermarket on foot.
6. They go to the park by bike. (同义句) They ride bikes to the park.
1. 别太确定。我们请老师帮忙吧。 Don’t be so sure. Let’s ask the teacher for help.
2. 别害怕。我们都会帮你的。 Don’t be afraid. We are all here to help you.
3. 别那么做。 Don’t do it like that.
Let’s help Miss Li carry the books.
5. 汤姆正在爬山。 Tom is climbing up the hill. 6. 有些人害怕狗。 Some people are afraid of dogs.
1. Read the text book and learn the new