题目卷 （Units 6-7 ）
Ⅴ 单项选择 （12分）
1. Journey to the West is very ______. Tom is very _______about it. .
A. exciting; excited B. exciting; exciting C. excited; exciting
2. We won’t put off going for a picnic _________ it rains.
A. unless B. if C. as soon as
3. Class, keep ______. You will get good grades in the exam.
A. to study B. to studying C. studying
4. Don’t worry about the problem. We will find a good way ________it.
A. to solve B. solve C. solving
5. She is ill, so I volunteer to water the trees ______her.
A. instead B. instead of C. because
6. Please remind me ______the lights after classes.
A. to turn off B. turning off C. turn off
7. ______ is Qomolangma? 8844.43 meters.
A. How long B. How far C. How high
8. The populating of China is ______bigger than that of the USA.
A. quite B. a lot of C. a lot
9. Mary is good at singing. She sings ________in her class.
A. more beautiful B. the most beautiful C. beautiful
10. Junko Tabei was the first woman _____the top of Qomolangma in the world.
A. to reach B. reached C. reach
11. You will ______your dream one day if you work hard.
A. climb B. achieve C. protect
12. What do you think of these two books?
----- _______of them are interesting. And I’ve read them several times.
A. Both B. Neither C. Either
Ⅵ 完形填空 (10分)
Once upon a time, there was _______old farmer. He loved money very much. He kept a lot of gold coins but ______used them, and he ________not give them to others. He put them into a ________ and put it in the ground. He came to the _______every day to look at it. This made him happy.
_______, when he came to the place, he could not find the ________. He became very sad. He began to cry, ______ a man came to him and said, “Don’t cry! Put a stone in the ground instead , and ______it is a box of gold coins. A stone will be just the same, because when the coins were there, you never used 2
1. A. a B. the C. an
2. A. often B. never C. sometimes
3. A. did B. was C. must
4. A. book B. paper C. box
5. A. earth B. place C. money
6. A. Afternoon B. One day C. From then on
7. A. box B. money C. place
8. A. so B. then C. but
9. A. see B. let C. think
10. A. it B. their C. them
VII. 阅读理解 (20分)
Mark Twain , the famous American writer, was traveling in France. Once he was going by train to Dijion. That afternoon he was very tired and wanted to sleep, so he asked the conductor to wake him up when they came to Dijon. But first he explained that he was a very heavy sleeper. “ I’ll probably protest (反对,抗议) loudly when you try to wake me up.” He said to the conductor, “but do not take any notice, just put me off the train anyway.”
Then Mark Twain went to sleep. Later, when he woke up, it was night-time and the train was in Paris already. He realized at once that the conductor had forgotten to wake him up at Dijon. He was very angry. He ran up to the conductor and began to shout at him. “I have never been so angry in all my life,” Mark Twain said.
The conductor looked at him calmly(冷静地). “ You are not half so angry as the American whom I put off at Dijon,” he said.
1. Who’s Mark Twain?
A. A French B. A famous artist C. An American writer
2. Mark Twain wanted to sleep because ______.
A. he was tired B. he was hungry
C. he was a lazy man
3. He wanted to wake up in _______________.
A. America B. Paris C. Dijon
4. The underlined words “heavy sleeper” mean “_____”
A. a person not easy to sleep
B. a person not easy to wake up
C. a person who liked to protest
5. When he woke up, the train got to_______
A. Dijon B. London C. Paris
Dolphins produce a great variety of noises and we wonder whether these sounds form a language. So far, we have identified some 20 different sounds dolphins make. Some seem to keep a group together as they are traveling at speed. Some appear to be warning cries, and some call-signs so that animals can recognize each other at a distance. But no one yet has shown that dolphins put these sounds together to form the two-word sentence that can be regarded as the beginning of true language. Chimpanzees(黑猩猩) can do so.
The great whales also have voices. Humpbacks (座头鲸) gather every spring in Hawaii to give birth. Some of them sing. They repeat their songs over and over again. A complete song usually lasts for about ten minutes. But some continue for half an hour , and some even for 24 hours.
These whales stay in Hawaiian waters for several months， mating(交配) and singing. Sometimes they lie on the surface. Sometimes they leap out of the surface. Later, they appear in the waters off Alaska.
6. The main idea of this passage is that .
A．whales and dolphins are not able to develop the two-word sentence
B．whales and dolphins have the different language
C．whales and dolphins can make noises
7. The humpback whales go to Hawaiian waters in spring.
A．to give birth B．to meet each other
C．to feed their babies
8. Dolphins’ noise may be all of the following except A．two-word sentence B．call-signs
9. a complete song may last A．half an hour . B．24 hours C． above all
10. after the stay of several months in Hawaii these whales ________..
A．disappear in the waters off Alaska
B．appear in the waters off Alaska
C．leap out of the waters
答题卷 （Units 6-7）
Class__________________ Name_____________ Score______________ 听力 （20分）
Ⅴ 单项选择 （12分）
1. 11. __ 12. ____ Ⅵ 完形填空 (10分)
1. Ⅶ 阅读理解 (20分)
1. Ⅷ 补全对话，每空一词 （8分）
A: Hi, I’m David. I am from England? B: Hi, happy to meet you. A: I want to know more about China. Can you tell me?
B: Sure. First , you know China is one of the __________countries in the world. It’s _______ 5000 years old.
A: Yes, I see. And China has the biggest ________ in the world , because there are over 130,000,000 people in China.
B: Yes. We have the longest river in Asia --- the Yangtze River, and the highest mountain in the world ---Qomolangma.
A：Can you tell me something _______ the Great Wall ?
B: OK. The Great Wall is about 8850 _________ long. The _________emperors built the wall to _________ their country. It’s also the biggest man-made objects in the world.
A: Wow , it’s ______________.
IX. 中文情景 （20分）
I like to ___________________________________________________.
2. 讲故事中“除非猴王能隐藏自己的尾巴，否则他不能将自己变成一个人” 你说：_______________________his tail, he cannot _________________a person.
3. 你和同学说你喜欢孙悟空因为他一直斗争帮助弱者， 你这样说： 5
I like Sun Wukong because he _____________________________________.
4. 你告诉朋友西方孩子们对读这个故事变得感兴趣了， 你说：
___________children became _________________________reading this story
Sometimes he can make the stick ____________________________in his ear.
8. 地理课上你回答老师“里海是所有盐湖中最深的湖”， 你这样回答：
The Caspian Sea _________________________________________________.
10. 告诫朋友我们不应该放弃尽力去实现我们的梦想， 你会这样说：
______________________________________________________________. X. 用所给5个提示词，编写一段意义相对完整的语段 ( 10分)
提示词：move, however, weak, god, remind
要求：1. 使用全部提示词， 并在语段中用下划波浪线“_____” 标出提示词
2. 语段具有一个相对合理的主题意义。 3. 词数为50词左右，最多不超过80 词。 ___________________________________________________________________ ___________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________________ 6