Teaching plan 6
Students : grade 7/ junior high school stuents Teaching material : PEP grade 7/ unit 4 section a Time: 40 minutes
Teaching type: speaking
Teaching aids: ppt/ type/ whiteboard
Teaching methods: task-based teaching method Teaching objectives
1. learn the usage of imperatives
2. talk about rules
3. learn some new words : rule/ dish/ night…
4. develop their speaking skills
Step 1. Lead-in
Hello! What time do you usually have the first class? -- At 8:00 in the morning.
Can I get class at 8:30 in the morning?
-- No, I can't. Why?
-- Because, I can't be late for class.
So, "Don't arrive late for class." or "Don't be late for school."
"What are the rules at your school? "
Guess: You can speak in Chinese. You're clever.
1. Don't fight. [Can you fight?]
2. Don't listen to music in the classroom. [Can you listen to music in the classroom?]
3. Don't run in the hallways. [Can you run …]
4. Don't eat in the classroom. [Can you eat …]
5. Don't wear a hat in school. [Can you wear a hat …]
6. Don't talk in class.
Don't talk with each other in class.
7. Please keep quiet in the library.
Don't speak loudly in the library.
Step2 Brain Storming
What else do you have to do?
arrive late for class.
listen to music in the classroom run in the hallways
eat in the classroom
Don't + wear a hat in school
talk in class
talk with each other in class
speak loudly in the library ->(can)Keep quiet in the library
What else do you have to do ?
1. Don't forget to turn off the light when you leave.
2. Don't draw on the wall.
3. Don't watch TV after school.
4. Don't play football in the street.
Step 3. practice
Task1. Pair-work. What are the rules. [one asks, and the other answers.]
A: What are the rules?
B: Well, we can't arrive late for class.
Task 2. do some exercise
Step 4. production
Task 1. Group-work. Talk about the rules in your family.
do some housework get up late
go to bed early eat breakfast late … ...
Task 2. Write some class rules in English
Step 5. summary
Lead the students review what learned in this class. Whiteboard design