1. – Excuse me, may I use your bicycle? ______ is broken.
-- Certainly. But remember to return it before lunch. A. I C. Myself Park this year. A. on B. at C. in D. to B. Me D. Mine 2. Nanjing Lishui Strawberry Festival opened ______ March in Fujiabian Modern Agricultural 3. -- _______ are you going to the School Uniform Exhibition, Amy? -- To learn about different styles of school uniform. A. What A. something B. Where B. anything C. Why C. nothing D. Which D. everything 4. I was looking for a birthday gift for my mother, but I couldn’t find ______ suitable. 5. – Simon, what do I need to take for the hiking? --You’d better ________ more water than usual. It’s hot today. A. to take B. take C. taking D. took 6. -- ____ brave Zhang Hua is! --Yes. He helped his neighbour, Mrs. Sun out of the fire. A. What a A. Because B. How B. If C. How a C. Until D. What D. Though 7. ______ Lin Feng has to work late, she always wears a smile on her face. 8. – Lily, why are you still here? School is over for half an hour. -- Because I ______ my task yet. I still need one more hour. A. won’t finish B. didn’t finish C. haven’t finished D. hadn’t finished 9. --- Yesterday Tommy walked past my table and ______ my bowls and dishes. --- He should be careful next time. A. knocked off B. took off C. showed off D. turned off 1 / 12
10. – David, could you tell me _________?
-- Every four years. A. when the 2014 World Cup will finish B. how often the World Cup takes place C. how many teams take part in the World Cup D. who may score the most goals in the World Cup -- Yes. He is the winner of I’m Singer II. I can’t think of anyone with a ______ voice.
C. has improved
A. I think so
B. Pretty good C. It’s my pleasure D. All right B. best B. reduces B. was improved D. will be improved C. more C. removes D. most D. repeats 11. – Do you enjoy Han Lei’s songs? 12. We all know that learning a foreign language _______ time and effort. 13. We’re sure that the environment in our city ______ greatly through our work in the near future. 14. –The documentary A Bite Of China II is quite popular around China recently. How do you like 15. – We can invite our teachers to the farewell party next Saturday. -- Yes, ______? I’ll call them at once. A. what for B. what C. why not D. why
Natural resources are things that we use that come from Earth. Our natural resources are limited（有限的）（煤）Earth’s natural resources are limited, and can do things to help conserve（节约）less of it, so it does not get used up so One way that people conserve fuel, like gasoline, Water is a very important natural resource because we all need it to stay We can （漏）. We can also make full. Everyone can make contributions to protecting natural resources.
16. A. last
17. A. turn B. spread B. cut C. burn C. put D. change D. move
2 / 12
18. A. station 19. A. news 20. A. When 21. A. slowly 22. A. money 23. A. alive 24. A. about 25. A. generous
B. building B. plan B. Although B. hard B. space B. alone B. for B. funny
C. ground C. decision C. Whatever C. regularly C. place C. asleep C. by C. wise
D. brick D. fact D. Whether D. fast D. distance D. awake D. with D. surprising
SAN FRANCISCO CITY HALL TOUR
10:00a.m, 12:00 noon, 2:00p.m All tours are 45 minutes to one hour
All tours sign in at
City Hall Decent Tour Kiosk Located on the Main Floor
PEASE CALL AHEAD（预先） Dr Carton B Goodlett Place To schedule（安排） tours for schools San Francisco. CA 94102 and groups of 8 or more City Hall TTY (415) 554-7491 (415) 554-6139
26. When will you leave if you enter San Francisco City Hall at 10:00 a.m. on weekdays?
What opinions did experts have about movements and transportation throughout history? Take a look.
3 / 12
A. Around 2:00 p.m. C. Not later than 11:00 a.m. A. Call (415) 554-6139 ahead C. Come at any time at the weekend.
B. Around 11:45 a.m. D. Not earlier than 12:00. D. Enter the City Hall only at 12:00 noon.
27. What must you do before you visit San Francisco City Hall in a group of 10?
28. Which of the following experts was a science fiction writer?
More than anything else in the world, Lion liked being King of the jungle. He walked around, showing off his power and pride.
Each day Lion took a long lazy sleep under the shade of his favourite tree. He always dreamed of weaker animals bowing(鞠躬) before him.
One day Mouse ran through the jungle and tripped over Lion’s huge paws. Lion woke up with a start. “How dare you wake me up!” he shouted angrily. Lion grabbed Mouse with one paw. “On the second thought, I’m in the mood for the snack, and you’ll make a delicious meal.”, he said.
Mouse cried out, “King Lion, please spare（饶恕） me! If you let me live, I’ll always remember your kindness. And, some day, I might be able to help you.”
“How could such a powerless little mouse ever help me?” That thought made Lion laugh so much that he decided to let Mouse go. A week later, Lion was walking through the jungle on the way to his favourite tree when he stepped onto a hunter’s net. The net scooped him up. No matter how he twisted and turned, he couldn’t escape.
When Mouse heard Lion’s frightened shouts, he raced to help. Mouse quickly chewed（咬）through the ropes to make a hole in the net. Soon, Lion moved out and was free. Lion looked down at the little mouse. “Thank you for saving my life,” said Lion, smiling his widest smile. “I was mistaken. You are not a powerless little mouse. You are a great friend!” A. Lord Kelvin B. Lee Deforest C. Leonardo da Vinci D. Jules, Verne A. airplanes would never fly B. no person would ever reach the moon
C. people would fly in a machine with an overhead propeller D. people would be able to travel under water in airtight ships A. One B. Two C. Three D. Four 29. Leonardo da Vinci’s opinion was that _________. 30. How many experts’ opinion proved right according to the passage?
4 / 12
31. What did Lion do each day?
Mike Myers is a teacher at Chauncey Rose High School in Terre Haute, Indiana. Last year, he taught his students about the world’s rain forests. They learned that rain forests are important because the plants and animals of the rain forest give us food, wood, and medicine.
Destruction of the world’s rain forests is a serious problem. Unluckily, rain forests are disappearing at a rate of 80 acres per minute! As part of a class project, Myers’ students bought three acres of rain forest in Central America. They paid $25 per acre. The students hope that the land they bought will be protected and not destroyed. The students became so interested in rain forests that they decided to get a closer look at a real rain forest.
So last June, Myers and four of his students took a boat ride down a river. They saw alligators and crocodiles. In the middle of the week, a guide took Myers and his students into the rain forest. “The monkeys were not happy that we were in their forest. They broke small branches off the trees and threw them at us,” one of the students said, “It was a great learning experience for all of us,” said Myers.
Each student chose something specific about Costa Rica to study involving the plants, 5 / 12
A. He stepped onto a hunter’s net. B. He bowed before weaker animals. C. He showed kindness to animals in the jungle. D. He had a good sleep under his favourite tree. A. He made a hole in the net. B. He shouted at Lion angrily. C. He tripped over Lion’s paws. D. He prepared a delicious meal for Lion. A. Because he was trapped in the net. B. Because he took Mouse as his good friend. C. Because he believed Mouse could save him. D. Because he doubted if Mouse could be of any help. A. Clever and honest. C. Humorous and stubborn A. Pride makes you lose what you have. B. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket. C. Even the small can show great strength. D. When the cat’s away, the mice will play. B. Silly and lazy D. Proud and selfish. 32. How did Mouse wake up Lion? 33. Why did Lion let Mouse go? 34. What do you think of Mouse? 35. What can we learn from the passage?
animals, food, and culture. During the last few days the group had time to do fun activities. They went whitewater rafting and horseback riding, and visited Costa Rica’s active volcano. Myers hopes to make the trip every year with a different group of kids.
36. How much did Myers’ students pay for the rain forest they bought?
41. Millie lives on a healthy diet. She___很少) has sweet snacks.
42. Stephen was ________ (忙碌的) with the report on giant pandas last week.
43. People aren’t allowed to eat food on the underground in Nanjing from the next _____ (月).
44. Madee felt proud when she___45. Jiangnan Examination Office in Confucius Temple attracted ___ Tourist Day this year. A. $25 C. $80 B. $75 D. $2000 B. They bought acres of rain forest. D. They visited Costa Rica’s active volcano. C. described D. discovered. 37. What did Myers and his students do at the beginning of the trip? A. They went into the rain forest. C. They took a boat ride down a river. A. destroyed A. felt excited B. developed B. felt angry 38. The word “Destruction” in paragraph 2 probably means “the process of being ______.” 39. When the monkeys saw Myers and his students, they ___________. C. jumped off the trees D. left the rain forest 40. The passage mainly shows that Myers and his students __________. A. did something to protect rain forest B. wanted to buy the rain forest in Costa Rica C. were interested in the culture of Costa Rica D. went to the rain forest for various fun activities
46. The twin brothers always keep ________ (argue) about what TV programmes to watch.
47. It’s easy for local people ___48. Students in some junior schools can ___(learn) to play tennis or baseball in PE
lessons. day. their hobbies. 6 / 12
49. The Bruce family had to give up camping in the Purple Mountain on such a ______(fog) 50. Many students are ___
A: You’ve been to Australia, haven’t you? A: What kind of work were you doing? – Kung Fu and paper cut in a school.
A: Did you see kangaroos?
B: Yes. One weekend, I was driving in the countryside. I saw a kangaroo jumping right to
carrying its baby in its front.
A: What was the best place you visited in Australia?
B: Uluru! It is a red mountain in the desert. It’s B; Yes, I missed them, but I never forget the experience in Australia!
Mayme Clayton collected books, magazines and letters
written by African Americans. Her son, Avery Clayton,
thought her collection was important. Unlike most books,
these were rare and hard to find. They were written
by writers who helped shape African American culture.
One book in the collection was written by Phillis Wheatley. Wheatley was a slave who wrote poetry. She was the first African American to publish (出版) a book. Wheatley herself signed (签名) the book in the Claytons’ collection. No one else owns a copy signed by Phillis Wheatley.
By the time she passed away at age 83, Mrs. Clayton had more than 30,000 books by or about black people. Her collection also includes papers about slaves, photographs, movies, sheet music, and personal letters by black leaders and artists. It is one of the biggest personal collections of African American history and culture in the United States.
Avery Clayton’s dream was to create a museum for his mother’s treasures. Scholars say that Mrs. Clayton’s collection is very important. Without her work, part of African American heritage (遗产) would have been lost. “We didn’t know these things existed,” says Sara Hadron of California’s Huntington Library.
The collections new home is likely to be in Culver City, California. Part of Avery Clayton’s 7 / 12
dream is to share the cultural riches his mother collected with others. He especially wants kids to have a chance to see the collection. “At present African American culture is being explained by pop culture,” he says, “ It’s important to offer a more complete picture.”
In the 1930s, Dan West was farming in Spain.
It was wartime, and people were starving (挨饿as he handed out cups of milk to children. “These children don’t
need a cup. They need a cow.” This was the b of Heifer
say “quack” or “moo”. Dan West asked friends in the United States to give gifts of heifers(小母牛), or young cows. S 69 then, Heifer International has given animals to four million families. Heifers International wants the people they help to help others. For one project, the 向往) the day when they could help others. Nine-year-old Julie knew she had to look after her chickens so they strong, healthy chicks. Julie then passed on the gift of chicks to other families.
Because of Heifer International, children can their days in a schoolhouse instead of working in the fields. They can use the money they earn from their
animals to pay for school. Heifer International has made a huge people’s lives for many years. People should be grateful to a kindhearted farmer named Dan West.
8 / 12
假如你是来自英国某中学的交换生Daniel, 你想参加英文报纸Jinling Daily 广告中介绍
Dear Sir/ Madam
I’m writing to ask for information about the robot course for beginners at Starlight School.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
9 / 12
1-5 DCCBB 6-10 BDCAB 11-15 AADBC
16-20 ABCDA 21-25 DDACC
26-30 CADCB 31-35 DCDAC 36-40 BCABA
41. seldom 42. busy 43. month 44. raised 45. thousands
46. arguing 47. to choose 48. learn 49. foggy 50. unhappy
51. all over 52. traditional 53. looked at 54. place 55. while
56. collecting 57. died 58. easily 59. signed 60. including
61. importance 62. son’s 63. museum 64. share 65. kids
66. idea 67. beginning 68. kinds 69. Since 70. feed
71. sent 72. well 73. took 74. spend 75. difference
One possible version:
Dear Sir/ Madam
I’m writing to ask for information about the robot course for beginners at Starlight School. Firstly, I’d like to know more about the course arrangement. For example, could you tell me how long the course will last? I prefer to know if there is any class for the weekend. Next, I’m interested in the visits to Friendly Robots Company. Would you tell me whether I need to pay? Finally, I wonder whether I’ll be able to design a robot myself at the end of the course.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
1. 考查物主代词。mine等同于my bicycle, 故选D。
10 / 12
9. 考查介词。普通月份前用介词in, 故选C。 考查特殊疑问句。why引导的特殊疑问句就原因提问，故选C。 考查不定代词。anything用语否定句中，故选B。 考查非谓语。you’d better do sth指你最好做某事，故选B。 考查感叹句。how+形容词引导的感叹句，故选B。 考查连词。although指尽管，符合题意，故选D。 考查动词时态。根据yet得知，故选C。 考查动词短语辨析。knock off指打翻，符合题意，故选A。take off指（飞机）起飞；show
10. 考查宾语从句。how often是就频率提问，且从句中用陈述语序，故选B。
13. 考查动词时态语态。通过时间状语in the near future以及环境与改善的被动关系得知，
15. 考查情景交际用语。why not?指为什么不呢？言外之意是觉得对方的想法不错，故选C。
16. 根据上句Out natural resources are limited（有限的）.得知，故选A。spread指蔓延；burn 指燃烧；change指改变，均不符合原意。
18. 煤炭是从地表以下挖掘，使用ground, 故选C。
23. stay alive指还存在的，符合题意，故选A。stay alone指孤单的；stay asleep指睡熟的；
25. make wise choices指做出明智的选择，符合题意，故选C。
26. 考查事实细节题。根据MONDAY----- FRIDAY10:00a.m, 12:00 noon, 2:00p.m得知，故选C。
27. 考查事实细节题。根据To schedule（安排） tours for schools and groups of 8 or more (415) 554-6139得知，故选A。
28. 考查事实细节题。根据Jules, Verne, Science fiction writer, in an 1870 novel得知，故选D。 29. 考查事实细节题。根据People would fly in a machine with an overhead propeller.得知，故选C。
11 / 12
30. 考查事实细节题。只有Leonardo da Vinci和Jules, Verne的观点被证明正确，故选B。
31. 考查事实细节题。根据第二段第1句Each day Lion took a long lazy sleep under the shade of his favourite tree.得知，故选D。
32. 考查事实细节题。通过第三段第1句One day Mouse ran through the jungle and tripped over Lion’s huge paws.得知，故选C。
33. 考查事实细节题。根据第五段第1-2句“How could such a powerless little mouse ever help me?” That thought made Lion laugh so much that he decided to let Mouse go.得知，故选D。 34. 考查事实细节题。根据第六段第句When Mouse heard Lion’s frightened shouts, he raced to help.得知，故选A。
36. 考查事实细节题。根据第二段第3句Myers’ students bought three acres of rain forest in Central America. They paid $25 per acre.得知，故选B。
37. 考查事实细节题。根据第三段第1句So last June, Myers and four of his students took a boat ride down a river.得知，故选C。
39. 考查事实细节题。根据第三段第4句The monkeys were not happy that we were in their forest.得知，故选B。
12 / 12