1. What color is Tony’s umbrella?
A. It’s yellow. B. It’s red. C. It’s black.
2. How many days was it fine last week in Guangzhou?
A. Seven days. B. Six days. C. Five days.
3. Why can’t the man go to the amusement park?
A. Because he is busy. B. Because he doesn’t like it.
C. Because he lives far from it.
4. Where did the boy’s sister go last summer?
A. Canada. B. China. C. Australia.
5. When will the plane take off?
A. At 7:15. B. At 7:00. C. At 7:30.
6. The man is going to ________.
A. the People’s Cinema B. the park C. the hospital
7. What is the woman going to do there?
A. She is going to meet her friends. B. She is going to walk her dog.
C. She is going to see a new film.
8. The bus is always late, isn’t it?
A. Yes, it Is. B. No, is isn’t. C. It doesn’t tell us. 听下面一段对话，回答第9至第11三个小题。现在，你有15秒钟的时间阅读这三小题。
9. When is Victor’s birthday?
A. June 5th. B. July 15th. C. June 15th.
10. What does Maria think of a CD?
A. Too Cheap. B. Too boring. C. Too expensive. 11. What will they buy for Victor?
A. A DVD. B. A soccer ball. C. We don’t know.
12. The village was ________.
A. on the mountain B. on the hill C. at the foot of the mountain 13. There were about_________ people in the village.
A. seventy-nine B. one hundred and sixty-nine C. forty-two 14. Most children weren’t sent to school because ________.
A. the villagers were very poor B. the villagers lived far from the school
C. the population grew fast there
15. Sometimes the villagers were hungry because ________.
A. the weather was bad B. the fields were poor C. they were very lazy
16. The underlined part in the word “honest” is pronounced as ________.
A. / ? u/ B. /?/ C. /D/ D. / ?/
17. Julia is ________ in the world.
A. one of the beautiful actresses B. one of the most beautiful actress
C. one of the more beautiful actress D. one of the most beautiful actresses
18. Dennis is funnier than ________ in his class.
A. any other boy B. any boy C. any other boys D. all the boys
19. ________ doctors fought against H7N9 in China in 2013.
A. Thousands B. A thousand of C. Two thousands D. Thousands of
20. Some people likes cats, ________ like dogs.
A. other B. others C. another D. the other
21. China has the ________ people in the world.
A. largest B. bigger C. most D. fewest
22. Lin Ying is good at singing, She sings ________ the famous singer, CoCo.
A. as well as B. as good as C. as better as D. as the best as
23. Maria is ill. I’ll go there ________ her.
A. instead B. insteading C. instead of D. insteading of
24. ________ you work hard, you will not pass the exam.
A. While B. Until C. Unless D. When
25. ________ excellent basketball player Jeremy Lin is! I really love this talented guy.
A. How B. What C. How an D. What an
26. ---________ you made a plan for the new term ________? ---Yes, I have.
A. Did; yet B. Have; yet C. Do; already
D. Have; already
通读下面短文，掌握其大意，然后在各题所给的四个选项中选出一个最佳答案。 Fred and Ted were not very smart. They were always getting things 31. The only work they could get was digging holes and painting, They were easy jobs 32Fred and Ted still made mistakes. They dug holes in the wrong places or painted things the wrong 33. Once they painted a floor and then walked on it while the paint was still 34.
One day their boss asked them to paint a flagpole(旗杆)outside the office building. “This shouldn’t be too 35 for them to do,” their boss thought. “All they 36 is paint and brushes.”
Their boss told them 37 the paint and brushes were and then he went away. An hour later he came back. Fred and Ted were not painting the flagpole. They didn’t even 38 the paint and brushes. Fred was standing 39 the flagpole and Ted was standing on his 2
shoulders, trying to reach the 40 of it with a ruler.
“What are you two men doing?” their boss asked.
“We have to find out how much 41 we need,” Ted said “So we’re measuring(测量)the flagpole,”
“That’s not the 42 to do it,” their boss said, “43 the flagpole out of the ground, and place it down,”
“Ha!” Fred said,”44 not stupid. We can’t measure how high it is that way. We can only measure 45 it is.”
31. A. right B. wrong C. well D. different
32. A. and B. so C. or D. but
33. A. shape B. size C. color D. height
34. A. wet B. hot C. dry D. cold
35. A. dangerous B. difficult C. easy D. interesting
36. A. lose B. like C. need D. take
37. A. what B. where C. when D. how
38. A. buy B. make C. have D. see
39. A. in B. on C. through D. against
40. A. foot B. back C. middle D. top
41. A. paint B. time C. water D. money
42. A. idea B. place C. way D. reason
43. A. Pull B. Put C. Cut D. Carry
44. A. He’s B. We’re C. They ‘re D. You’re
45. A. how far B. how tall C. how deep D. how long
A group of swans flew down to a beach where a crow(乌鸦) was jumping around. The crow watched them with disdain(鄙视).
“You have no flying skills at all!” he said to the swans. “All you can do is to move your swings. Can you turn over in the air? No, that’s beyond you. Let’s have a flying competition. I’ll show you what real flying is!”
One of the swans, a strong young male, took up the challenge. The crow flew up and began to show his skills. He flew in circles, performed other flying tricks, and then came down and looked proudly at the swan.
Now it was the swan’s turn. He flew up, and began flying over the sea. The crow flew after him, making all kinds of comments(评介)about this flying. They flew on and on till they couldn’t see the land and there was nothing but water on all sides. The crow was making fewer and fewer comments. He was now so exhausted that he found it hard to stay in the air, and had to struggle to keep himself from falling into the water.
The swan pretended(假装) not to notice, and said, “Why do you keep touching the water, brother? Is that another trick?”
“No,” said the crow. He knew he had lost the competition. “I’m in trouble because of my pride! If you don’t help me, I’ll lose my life??” The swan took a pity on him, and took him on his shoulders and flew back to the beach.
46. What’s the correct order of the following events?
a. The crow showed off its flying skills.
b. The swan felt pity for the crow and saved it.
c. The crow laughed at the swan’s flying .
d. The crow followed the swan and got into trouble.
e. The crow challenged the swans and a strong young swan accepted it.
A. e, c, d, a, b B. a, e, c, d, b C. c, e, a, d, b D. e, a, d, c, b
47. What does the underlined word “exhausted” in Paragraph 4 mean?
A. Tired. B. Angry. C. Frightened.
Watching news about the environment on TV can make people feel terrible. The problems seem so big that it’s difficult to imagine how persons can do anything about them. Rebecca Hosking, however, thought differently.
Rebecca is a wildlife camerawoman and she was filming a documentary for the BBC in the Pacific Ocean when she saw something that made her cry-quite lot of dead birds that had died because they had eaten some plastic that is thrown into the sea each year. Beaches that used to be beautiful were covered with plastic toys, bottles, pens---every plastic thing you can think of.
Rebecca decided she had to do something. Back at home she thought about what she could do to help deal with the problem of thrown-way plastic. In her home town of Modbury, she asked local shop owners to stop using plastic bags in their shops. Plastic bags are used everywhere in the UK. The numbers are amazing. The UK uses nearly 17, 000, 000, 000 plastic bags each year, And the bags can take a very long time to break down because they are chemical(化学物) rather than natural, so each year the sea and the environment become more and more polluted.
To Rebecca’s surprise, the shop owners agreed and Modury became the first plastic bag free town in the UK. Instead, shops offered cotton bags or paper bags. Other towns around UK followed Modbury’s example and are becoming plastic bag free. It won’t deal with all of the world’s environment problems but it shows that there is something we can do and that one person can make a big change with a strong enough decision.
51. From the first paragraph we may know ________.
A. People are doing a lot to protect the environment.
B. The environment is hard to solve
C. People are too terrified to do something about the environment
D. People have no idea on how to protect the environment
52. Rebecca cried one day when she ________.
A. found the ocean was polluted B. was thrown into the water
C. saw quite a lot of dead birds D. was listening to BBC news
53. According to the passage, Rebecca ________.
A. comes from a town in the UK B. has never used plastic bags
C. works as an actress in films D. often travels to the beaches
54. The passage tells us that ________.
A. people usually feel terrible while watching TV B. we can do something about environment problems
C. plastic bags are used in all towns except Modbury
D. the shop owners were against Rebecca’s idea
55. The best title for the passage might be ________.
A. The Dead Birds B. The Town of Modbur
C. The Wildlife Camerawoman D. The Plastic Bags
school and college students in the U.S. A. often spend many hours as volunteers in the 61. orphanages(孤儿院) or rest homes for the people in need. They decide on 62 ways to help them. For example, they read books to the people in these places, or just visit them and play games with them or listen to their problems.
Other young volunteers go and work in the homes of people who are 63 or old. They paint, clean up or repair their houses, 64 them with food or mow(割，修剪)their lawns. For boys who no longer have fathers, there is an 65called Big Brothers. College students and other men take these boys to 66 games or on fishing trips so that they help boys know what a father can do.
Each city has a couple of clubs. They are good places for boys and girls to play. Some of these clubs show films or organize short trips to the 67 or other places of interest. 5
Most of these clubs use a lot of high school and college students as volunteers because they are young enough to 68 the problems and needs of young boys and girls.
It’s also 69 for volunteers. They believe that the happiest people in the world are those who help to bring happiness to 70.
71. The k________ can be used to cut meat.
72. Many people v________ to work on the farms.
73. Peeling the potatoes is really a c________.
74. Can you e________ to me how to do this math problem?
75. Last night I set the a________ for six o’clock.
76. Anna m________ a rich man last year.
77. I hope I can a________ my dream.
78. Daisy got up late this morning. So she h________ to school without breakfast.
79. We students should study well and make p________ every day.
80. She doesn’t like to wear s________ in winter because her neck is short.
提示:黄山位于安徽省南部，是中国著名的旅游观光景点;登山便可领略其云海（the sea of clouds）、奇松（wondrous pines）、怪石（unique rocks）等秀丽的风景以及清晨美丽的日出（the sun rises）.
要求:1. 80词左右; 2. 紧扣要点，可适当发挥.