Lesson 28 How Do I Learn English?
Grade Seven 撰写人： 董丽敏
1. Pair work 2. Have a test. 英译汉 mistake _________
magazine ________ storybook________newspaper__________ dictionary__________
3. Think about it :How do you learn English?
1. I can find:
1) I ________ (come) to Canada _________________(两年前).
2) I’m _________________________ (在七年级).
3) My family __________________(来自于) Hong Kong.
4) When I don’t understand some words, I ________________________(在字典中查阅它们).
5) When I __________________ (看英文电影)，I can _____________(娱乐自己) and learn English at the same time.
6) ____________________ (听英文音乐) _______________(很有帮助).
7) I practice my English ______ ______ and ______ ______(课上和课下).
8）Don’t be afraid ________ ______ ______(犯错误)!
9) I laugh at (嘲笑) __________(我自己).
2. Dicsuss in groups.
1). mistake n. 错误
(1) Don’t be afraid to make mistakes! 不要害怕出错误！
(2) Oops! I made a mistake. 哎呀！我犯了一个错误。
(3) I took his dictionary by mistake. 我误拿了他的词典。
(4) They mistook the date and arrived there two days earlier. 他们弄错了日期，早到了那里两天。
Now I know: mistake的两种词性
（1）作名词意为“错误”，常用于以下短语中：make a mistake/make mistakes犯错；___ mistake错误地。
（2）作动词意为“误解；弄错，把……认错”，常用于短语：mistake sth. /sb. (______)把……错认为。
2). silly adj. 愚蠢的；傻的
(1) Sometimes I make _______ (愚蠢的) mistakes and I laugh at myself.
(2) You were _________(愚蠢的)to believe his words.
3) . afraid adj. 害怕的,怕的[(+of)][+to-v][+(that)]
(1).She was afraid that she might lose her job. 她担心会丢掉工作。
(2)Don't be afraid of snakes. 别怕蛇。
(3).I am afraid to get up late because I am afraid of coming late.
(4). He was afraid to ride a bike because he was afraid of breaking the legs.
Now I know: be afraid+_________，表示不敢做某事；be afraid of+________，表示害怕出现某种结果。
I'm afraid your wife had an accident. 很遗憾,你妻子出事了。
I'm afraid I can't help you. 对不起,我不能帮你。
(6）I'm afraid not与I'm afraid so常用作答语，表示否定，后者表示肯定，not和so代替that从句。
eg. A .–Are we on time? –I'm afraid not.
(= No, I'm afraid that we are not on time.)
B.–It is going to rain. –Yes, I am afraid so. (= Yes, I'm afraid that it's going to rain.
1). Here ______ (be) some answers to your questions.
2). I can enjoy _________ (me) by listening to Beijing Opera.
3). If he meets a new word, he can look it up in a dictionary __________ (he).
4). I practice ___________ (speak) English after class every day.
5). —Can you ask her to come here ______ (late)? —Sure. I’ll tell her.
6). Don’t ask such ______ （愚蠢的）questions.
7). Don’t laugh at others when they _______ ___________（出错）.
2 . 单项选择
1）. My father reads _______ because he likes reading news.
A. storybooks B. magazines C. newspapers D. dictionaries
2）. When you don’t understand some words, you can _____ in a dictionary.
A. look for them B. look them for C. look up them D. look them up
3). It is _______ of you to make the same mistake again and again.
A. silly B. kind C. fun D. excited
4). —Hello. Is Jenny there? —____.
A. OK. I’ll tell her. B. Sorry. I’m not Jenny. C. Sorry. She is out. D. Who are you?
5). Do you speak English or Chinese _______?
A. on school B. at the home C. after the class D. in class
6). T he retired couple enjoy __________ photos. They always go out with their cameras.
A. take B. took C. to take D. taking
7). I’m sorry I took your bag _________ .
A. to make a mistake B. making a mistake C. in mistake D. by mistake
3. 写作. Write something about how to learn English well.