Unit 7 Food Festival
( )1. —Would you like to come to our food festival?
A. Yes, I would. B. Of course not. C. Yes, I’d love to. D. No, I wouldn’t.
( )2. I don’t know ____ or not he is right.
A. that B. what C. if D. whether
( )3. —Will you please ____ so much noise, Dongdong?
—Sorry. I won’t.
A. make B. not make C. to make D. not to make
( )4. —Do you think the students need to have lunch at school? —____. It’s good for them to save time.
A. Yes, I think so B. No, I don’t think so
C. I agree with you D. I don’t agree with you
( )5. —Which kind of food smells ____ or tastes ____?
—Sorry, I don’t know.
A. good; well B. well; bad C. good; good D. well; well
( )6. —Remember ____ off the lights when you leave the room. —OK. I will.
A. to turn B. turing C. taking D. to take
( )7. Amy makes fewer mistakes than Frank. She does her homework ____.
A. more carefully B. more carelessly
C. more careful D. more careless
( )8. Remember not to have ____ drink.
A. too many B. too much C. many too D. much too
( )9. When you go to a dinner party, you should ____.
A. speak quiet B. speak quietly C. speak few D. spoke quietly
( )10. Which one goes ____, the car, the train or the plane?
A. fast B. faster C. fastest D. the fast
( )11. The menu has so many good things! I can’t decide ____.
A. what to eat B. how to eat C. where to eat D. when to eat
( )12. —____ that the 31st Olympic Games will be held in New York. —____ exciting news!
A. It said; What B. It is said; What C. It said; How D. It is said; How
( )13. ____ Lily ____ Milly like pizza. They often say pizza is very delicious.
A. Either; or B. Neither; nor C. Not only; but also D. Both; and
( )14. I did ____ in last English exam and I hardly made mistakes.
A. enough good B. good enough C. enough well D. well enough
( )15. —How’s the weather tomorrow?
—I don’t know if it ____ tomorrow.
—Well, if it ____, I won’t go out with you.
A. will rain; will rain B. rains; rains
C. rains; will rain D. will rain; rains
They help to keep me fit. A: Er ... I like noodles and rice.
A: Oh, yes. I think they’re good for my health.
B: Do you often drink wine?
I think they’re very bad for me.
A: Boiled water. I think it’s good to have enough water every day.
(B) 排列句子组成对话。 1. OK. Which do you prefer?
2. Good evening! Welcome to our restaurant!
3. Sit down, please. Here is the menu.
4. No, that’s all. Thank you.
5. Anything else?
6. I’d like to try fried fish and chicken soup.
7. Thank you. Please wait a moment.
8. Thank you.
Mrs. White was very fat. She was over 100 kilos. she went to see a doctor. The doctor said, “You need a balanced diet, Mrs. White, and I have a good here.” He gave Mrs. White a small book and said, “Read this carefully and eat the things on page 11 every day. Then come back and see in four weeks.”
Mrs. White came again four weeks , but she wasn’t . She was still very fat. The doctor was surprised and asked, “Are you eating the things on page 11 of the small ?” “Yes, doctor.” She answered.
The next day the doctor visited Mrs. White during her said, “Mrs. White, are you eating potatoes and bread? They in your diet. ”“But, doctor,” Mrs. White answered, “ I follow my diet lunch time. This is my dinner. ”
( )21. A. But B. So C. However D. Because
( )22. A. pen B. news C. pie D. way
( )23. A. me ( )24. A. after ( )25. A. fatter ( )26. A. food ( )27. A. holiday ( )28. A. Why ( )29. A. are ( )30. A. at
B. you B. late B. thinner B. book B. weekend B. How B. aren’t B. in C. it C. later C. smaller C. thing C. dinner C. Where C. don’t C. for D. your food D. before
D. more healthy D. diet D. home D. What D. won’t D. with
Eating in England
Although English people don’t care about what they eat, they care about the place where they eat. Rich families usually have a nice dining room.
English people like to eat out. The rich go to big restaurants. The poor go to small ones or fast-food restaurants. There are also a lot of foreign restaurants, such as Italian, Chinese, Indian, Japanese and so on. A good restaurant is usually big and clean. Waiters and waitresses wear uniforms and are friendly and polite. When you are eating, you might hear gentle music. Small restaurants or fast-food restaurants are noisier but clean and pleasant, too.
In summer, English people like eating outside. People bring baskets of sandwiches and sit on the grass in the park, enjoying the sun. Some English kids’ favorite food is pizza, and most kids hate vegetables. Some of them like eating the most famous English food, fish and chips. 根据短文内容,判断句子正(T)误(F)。
( )31. The English always like eating at home.
( )32. There are a lot of foreign restaurants in England.
( )33. Waiters and waitresses in big restaurants always wear uniforms. ( )34. Some English kids like eating dumplings very much. ( )35. The most famous English food is pizza.
These days many people are interested in losing weight. It is very popular among people, especially young people. Everybody hopes to become thin quickly. Some people even take … diet and exercise are the right answers. Please read and remember the following tips.
Tip 1 You should eat only when you are hungry. Don’t eat if you don’t feel hungry.
Tip 2 You should eat only food that is good for your health. Don’t eat junk food such as hamburgers and French fries.
Tip 3 It is better to prepare your own food instead of eating out. When you eat out, you may eat too much. That can make you become fatter.
Tip 4 Don’t forget to think about changing your lifestyle. For example, turn off the TV and the computer and take some exercise every day.
Remember not to be too strict with yourself. Give yourself some free time to find the best way to control your weight.
( )36. ____ are more interested in losing weight. A. Children B. Young people C. Old people D. Women ( )37. The right ways of losing weight are ____.
A. diet and exercise
B. eating hamburgers and eating French fries
C. not eating and exercise
D. diet and watching TV
( )38. The Chinese meaning of the underlined word “control” is ____.
A. 操纵者 B. 管理权 C. 控制 D. 管理
( )39. Dongdong is a much too fat boy, he needs to ____.
A. eat out often B. eat junk food
C. stop meals D. turn off the TV and exercise
( )40. The best title of the passage is ____.
A. Eating Out B. How to Control Weight
C. Change Your Lifestyle D. Exercise Every Day
Chefs(厨师) across the U.S.A are making school lunch healthy and delicious. Recently, at a school in New York, students picked some green vegetables from their garden. Then they made pizza with their own hands. But an hour ago, the same students said their favorite food was fried chicken.
“Kids are glad to eat different foods if you introduce them in a fun way,”chef Spike says. He has cooking classes. He students to make salad and pizza. Mr. Spike joins the White House’s Chefs Move to School program. It is a program to help kids have healthy eating habits.
won’t be easy for chefs to put school lunch on a healthy path. Most kids like to eat junk food like hamburgers. ③ But when students were learning to grow and cook their own food, they felt excited. After the cooking lesson, Mr. Spkike served up pizza with green vegetables. .
“I like to taste different foods”, says a student in Grade Five. “Vegetables didn’t look good to me, but I tasted them and they’re delicious. ⑤ ”
41. 联系上下文，在文中①、②处各填入一个恰当的词：①; ②42. 选择下面的两个句子恢复到文中的③、④处：③; ④
A. No one seemed to miss the hamburgers.
B. They are cheaper and easier to take.
43. What is the White House’s Chefs Move to School program?
44. What did the kids think of the pizza made with their own hands?
46. Most things _________ (值得) having never come easy.
47. In China, we like to use c_________ to eat.
48. Television, like other things, has both a_________ and disadvantages(缺点).
49. —Where is the m_________? I want to order something to eat.
—Here it is.
50. I only r_________ (遗憾) that I missed my sister’s wedding (婚礼).
51. My parents often eat vegetables and other _________ (health) food.
52. After a short rest, he seemed to be _________ (tired) than before.
53. _________ (cook) is fun and I love it very much!
54. In the _________ (south) part of China, people usually like eating rice.
55. Help _________ (you) to some chicken soup, kids.
56. I asked Tom, “Is rice the most popular food in your country?” (改成含有宾语从句的复合句) I asked Tom ______________________________________________________.
57. Luo cooked the most finely in his class. (改为同义句)
Luo cooked _________ finely _________ any other student in his class.
58. Emily thinks she can cut that cake very neatly. (改为否定句)
Emily _________ _________ she can cut that cake very neatly. 对画线部分提问)
_________ _________ they use to have dinner?
60. The Indian curries are very delicious. (改为感叹句)
_________ _________ Indian curries!
1. Wash different fruits and peel(剥皮);
2. Cut them and mix them up(混合);
3. Add salad, cream and stir(搅拌)
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________ _______________________________________________________________________________
Unit 7 单元检测
Ⅰ. 1. C
3. B Would you like to ... ?句型表示邀请，肯定回答应说Yes, I’d love to.否定回答No, thanks.故选C。 考查宾语从句引导词。whether可以和or not连用而if不能。所以选项D正确。 Will you please…?其后接不带to的不定式，其否定形式为Will you please not do
4. A Do you think (that)…?是一个一般疑问句，首先要用Yes或No来表明观点是赞同
5. C 考查系表结构。be, look, taste, feel, smell, get, become等系动词后往往要跟形容词
6. A remember doing sth.记得以前做过的事；remember to do sth.记住要做的事。本句
7. A 考查副词比较级。carefully修饰动词does，由于两者之间进行比较需用比较级，
8. B 考查固定词组的区别。too many后应加可数名词复数；too much后跟不可数名词；
much too太??，后要跟形容词或副词；many too无此结构。drink是不可数名词。
9. B 考查时态和副词。参加晚宴应该低声说话，should 后接动词原形，故排除D。
10. C 考查副词最高级。三者或三者以上相比较用最高级，副词最高级前the往往可以
11. A 考查特殊疑问词加不定式的用法。eat是及物动词，后面要接宾语，只有what可 以代替，how, where和when只能作状语。句意为“菜单上有如此多的好东西， 我不能决定吃什么了。”故选A。
12. B 考查固定句式和感叹句。It is said ... 意为“据说??”，后常接that引导的从句； 感叹句结构为：What +(a/an)+adj. +n. ! 或How+adj. /adv. ! 根据exciting news! 应 用What。故选B。
13. D either ... or ... 或者??或者??；neither ... nor ... 既不??也不??；not only ...
but also ... 不仅??而且??，谓语动词采取就近原则；both ... and ...两者都，
14. D 考查短语do well in在??方面做得好，当enough在修饰形容词或副词时，常放
15. D 考查条件状语从句和宾语从句。if可以引导条件状语从句和宾语从句。如果引导 宾语从句，当主句的时态为一般现在时时，从句的时态可用任何所需时态；如果 引导条件状语从句，主句是一般将来时，从句用一般现在时。上句是宾语从句，
Ⅱ. (A)16-20 E F B A C
(B)2 8 3 7 1 6 5 4
Ⅲ. 21. B 根据文章，由于Mrs. White的体重问题，因此需要去看医生。故选B。
22. D 考查词义，由原文可知医生向怀特夫人介绍平衡饮食的方法。故选D。
23. A 根据文章，医生要求Mrs. White四周后再见他，语气应为第一人称。故选A。
24. C 考查时间引导词。四周后应译为four weeks later或after four weeks。late(迟到) 和before(在??以前)均与题意不符。故选C。
25. B 结合文章，She was still very fat. 推出Mrs. White并没有变瘦。故选B。
26. B 医生要求Mrs. White按小册子第11页去做。故选B。
27. C 最后一句Mrs. White提到“这是我的晚饭”，由此可推断出医生是在Mrs. White
28. A 由下文Mrs. White回答内容，可推断出医生在问她为何要吃高热量食品。故选A。
29. B 结合文章，土豆和面包不在Mrs. White的食谱里。故选B。
30. A 考查介词固定用法。三餐饭前介词应为at; in后接具体地点或一段时间; for 后接目的或一段时间; with表伴随状况，均与题意不相符。故选A。
31. F 根据文章第二段第一句，“英国人喜欢外出吃饭”推出本句错误。
32. T 根据文中第二段第四句，“英国有许多外国的餐馆”推出该句正确。
33. T 文章第二段五、六两句提到“大饭店的招待总是穿着制服”推出该句正确。
34. F 根据文中最后一段倒数第二句，英国小孩最爱吃的食物是pizza而不是饺子，推 出本句错误。
35. F 根据文中最后一句，“英国最著名的食品是鱼和炸薯片”，pizza只是英国小孩的最爱。 推出本句错误。
36. B 由第一段第二句可知选B。
37. A 由第一段倒数第二句diet and exercise are the right answers.故选A。
38. C 联系上下文可知，control是“控制”之意。
39. D 由Tip 4可知，东东需要改变一下生活方式，少看电视多锻炼。故选D。
40. B 联系全文可知，整篇文章是告知我们“如何控制体重”。故选B。
41. ①teaches ②It
42. ③B ④A
43. It’s a program to help kids have healthy eating habits.
44. It’s delicious.
Ⅰ. (A)46. worth 47. chopsticks 48. advantages 49. menu
(B)51. healthy 52. less tired 53. Cooking 54. southern
Ⅱ. 56. if/whether rice was the most popular food in his country
57. more; than
58. doesn’t think
59. What did
60. What delicious
Ⅲ. 参考范文： 50. regret/regreted 55. yourselves
My favorite food is dumplings. They are very delicious. We eat dumplings on New Year’s Day. We always put a coin inside, and everyone tries to find it for luck and money in the new year.
Yesterday was Mother’s Day. I made a dish of fruit salad for my mom. First, I took an apple, a pear, some purple grapes, an orange and some bananas. Then I washed and peeled them. After that I cut them into small pieces and put them on the plate, and then I added some sugar, a little salad and some cream. The last thing I did was to stir and mix them up. I put the purple grapes around the plate, and my fruit salad looked more beautiful. After I finished my fruit salad, I put it on the table and sang some songs to my mom. My mom felt so happy, and I was very happy, too.