Unit 5 School Life
Topic 1 How do you usually come to school?
1. wake up 醒来，唤醒 get up 起床 2. go to school 去上学 go home 回家
3. go dancing / shopping / skating / swimming
步行去上学 go doing something 可用于表达去进行某种娱乐休闲活动。 5. take the subway / bus / car 6. drive a car to work = go to work by car go to school on foot = walk to school
7. ride a bike / horse take a bus to work = go to work by bus 乘公共汽车去上班 come to school by bike = ride a bike to school 骑自行车来上学 骑自行车；骑马 8. after school / class 放学以后；下课以后
9. play the piano / guitar / violin 弹钢琴；吉他；小提琴 play sports 做运动 play basketball / soccer / football 打篮球；踢足球；打橄榄球
play computer games
12. on weekdays 玩电脑游戏 play with a computer 在周末
吃早餐；中餐；晚餐；正餐；一日三餐 玩电脑 10. clean the house打扫房子 11. around six o’clock = at about six o’clock大约在六点 在工作日 at weekends
13. have breakfast / lunch / supper / dinner / meals have classes / lessons / a meeting
14. watch TV / movies / games / the animals 上课；上课；开会 看电视；电影；比赛；动物 read novels / newspapers / books看小说；报纸；书
15. 频率副词：never, seldom, sometimes, often, usually, always
1. Happy New Year! The same to you!
2. How about you? = What about you? 新年快乐！也祝你新年快乐！ 你怎么样？
3. How do you usually go to school? I usually go to school by bike.
What do you usually do after school? I usually play computer games.
4. How does she usually go to work? She usually goes to work by car.
What does he usually do after class? He usually reads novels.
5. The early bird catches the worm! 早起的鸟儿有虫吃。/ 笨鸟先飞。
6. How often do you come to the library? Twice a week.
1. – Happy New Year! –The same to you.
2. – Do you often read books in the library? –Yes, I do./ No, I don’t.
3. –How often do you go to the library? – There times a week.
I am at home.√ I stay at home.√ I am stay at home. × She stay at home. ×
Are you at home?
I am not at home. Do you stay at home? I don’t stay at home. Does she stay at home? Yes, she does. No, she doesn’t. She doesn’t stay at home. Yes, I am. No, I am not. Yes, I do. No, I don’t.
She plays computer games on Sundays. She studies English every morning.
She goes to school on weekdays. She has breakfast at 6:45.
(1) 表示现在的状况：I am a teacher. You are student. They are in London.
(2) 表经常的或习惯性的动作：I usually go to school on foot. She plays tennis every morning.
(3) 表示主语具备的性格和能力等：He likes playing basketball. They do the cooking.
Topic 2 He is running on the playground.
of course, lost and found, on the playground, at the moment, look for, return…to…, talk with/to…, the Great Wall, at the back of, do well in, a picture of my family
listen to music 听音乐 write letters 写信 draw pictures 画画 play sports 做运动 watch TV 看电视 play computer games 玩电脑游戏
1. He is sleeping at the moment.
2. Would you like to play basketball?
3. May I borrow a few Ren’ai project English workbooks?
4. You must return them on time.
5. He looks happy, because he loves swimming.
6. What else?
1. – Are you doing your homework? – Yes, I am./No, I’m not.
2. – What does Kangkang like doing best? – He likes playing soccer best.
3. – How long can I keep them? – Two weeks.
4. – Thank you. – It’s a pleasure.
Thank you anyway. = Thank you all the same. 仍然谢谢你。
Thank you for your hard work. 谢谢你们的努力工作。
Thank you for asking me. 谢谢你邀请我。
Topic 3 My school life is very interesting.
work on, learn about, think of, not…at all, be friendly to sb. some other subjects, and so on, learn…from…,do outdoor activities,between…and… every week 每周 each day 每天 three times a week 每周三次
反义词：boring – interesting difficult – easy begin – finish 近义词：difficult – hard 名词变成形容词：wonder – wonderful, use – useful, care – careful, beauty - beautiful
interest – interesting excite - exciting
1. How many lessons does he have every day?
2. What time is school over in the afternoon?
3. What’s your favorite subject?
4. I don’t like math at all.
5. What do you think of English?
6. My teachers are very friendly to me.
7. Can you tell me something about your school life?
8. I can learn a lot from it.
9. Thank you for your hard work.
10. Here is the news.
疑问词：how often, how long, how soon, how old, how many, how much, how big, how heavy, how wide, how far, what, when, who, whose, whom, where, which, why, what color, what time, what class…
1. – What day is it today? – It is Wednesday.
2. – What class are they having? – They are having a music class.
3. – What time does the class begin? – At ten o’clock.
4. – Which subject do you like best? – I like history best.
5. – Why do you like it? – Because it’s easy and interesting.
6. – How many lessons does he have every day? – Six.
7. – What’s your favorite subject? – Music. I think it’s interesting.
8. Best wishes!
Unit 6 Our Local Area
Topic 1 Is there a computer in your study?
next to, in front of, in the center of, on the left/right, play with, have a look, how many, look after, put away, on the first floor, in the tree, in the kitchen, in the living room, on the wall, play with a ball 玩球
1. Is there a computer in your study?
2. You must look after your things.
3. There’re many beautiful flowers in the garden.
4. But there aren’t any trees in it.
5. Near the house, there is an apple tree.
6. Why not go upstairs and have a look?
三、语法学习：There is / are… 的学习。
There is a book and two pens on the desk. 桌上有一本书和两支笔。
There are two pens and a book on the desk. 桌上有两支笔和一本书。
There isn’t a book on the desk. 桌上没有一本书。
There aren’t two pens on the desk. 桌上没有两支笔。
Is there a book on the desk? Yes, there is. /No, there isn’t.
Are there two pens on the desk? Yes, there are./ No, there aren’t.
I have a book. I don’t have a book. Do you have a book? Yes, I do. No, I don’t.
She has a book. She doesn’t have a book. Does she have a book? Yes, she does. No, she doesn’t. 注：在表示 "附属于某物/某处的东西"时，there be结构与have句型都可以用。如： There are four windows in the classroom =The classroom has four windows.
The house has eighteen floors.=There are eighteen floors in the house.
1. Welcome to my new house, Maria.
2. Why not go upstairs and have a look?
(1) go upstairs上楼 go downstairs下楼
(2) have a look看 have a look at? 看?? have a walk散步
have a bath洗澡 have a swim游泳 have a talk谈话 have a rest休息
(3) Why not+动词原形??句型是提建议的一种表达法，形同“Why don’t + 人称代词 + 动
词原形+ ?？”。回答常用Ok, let’s?/All right./That’s a good idea.
3. Don’t put them here. Put them away, please.
4. Let’s go and have a look.
Let’s …=Let us后接动词原形：让我们??
1. there be结构（I） 2 how many/ much句型
Topic 2 What kind of home do you live in?
1. family of three, post office, keep money, a lot of, close to, far from, right now,
2. look for寻找 3. a parking lot停车场 4. on the street corner在街道的拐角
4. play the piano弹钢琴 5. knock at（the door）敲（门）
6. hear sb. doing sth.听到某人正在做某事 7.at the end of 在??的尽头；在??的末尾
8. in the countryside在郊外；在郊区 9.. according to按照
1. You can rent your single room to Bob for ￥280 per month.
2. There are a lot of tall buildings and small gardens in our community.
3. There is something wrong with my kitchen fan.
4. I’ll get someone to check it right now.
5. The traffic is heavy and the cost of living is high.
1. What’s your home like?你的家什么样？
like用作动词时意为“喜欢”，用作介词时意为“像??”，常用短语：be like, look like
2. I’m looking for a store.我正在找一家杂货店。
look for 寻找。强调寻找的动作； find找到，发现。强调结果；
Are you looking for your pen? Yes, I am.你在找你的钢笔吗？是的。
Can you help me find my bike?你能帮我找到自行车吗？
Please find out who broke the window.请找出是谁把窗户打破的？
3.There is one in front of our building.我们的楼前有一家（杂货店）。
in front of 在?的前面（在范围之外的前面）in the front of在?的前面（在范围内的前面） There is a tree in front of the classroom..教室前面有一棵树。（树在教室外）
The teacher is standing in the front of the classroom.老师站在教室的前面。（老师在教室里）
4.What’s the matter?类似的表达法还有：What’s up?/What’s wrong?/What’s going on?
5.People like living in a house with a big yard.
like doing sth.喜欢、享受做某事。like后接名词或动词的ing形式.
6.I hear you playing the piano beautifully.我听见你弹钢琴很动听。
hear sb. doing sth.听到某人正在做某事。如：.
I hear them singing songs in the next room.我听到他们正在隔壁房间唱歌。
7. There are no houses on the right.
8. Hello, this is Linda speaking.喂，我是琳达。
9. The kitchen fan doesn’t work.厨房的排气扇不工作了。
work进行顺利，起作用，（机器）正常运转 如：My clock doesn’t work.我的钟不走了。 交际用语：
1. What’s your home like?
2. Would you like me to help you?
3. What’s the matter?
4. I’m afraid it’s too loud.
5. I’m really sorry about that.
6. My kitchen fan doesn’t work.
7. I can’t hear you. The line is bad.
8. We can call it for help.
语法精粹：There be 结构（Ⅱ）
Topic 3 Which is the way to the post office?
across from, all the same, the way to, change to, go straight, get hurt, wait for , be careful, ten kilometers away from here
1. Excuse me, how can I get to the bookstore?劳驾，去书店怎么走？
2. Go across the bridge/river/street.
3. You need to take No. 718 bus here.你需要乘718路公共汽车。
need作行为动词时，意为“需要，需求”，有人称、数和时态的变化。need to do sth. 需要做某事，如：You need to have a good rest.你需要好好休息。
need还可作情态动词，意为“必要，需要”，后接动词原形，常用作否定形式needn’t，意为“不必”，如：You needn’t drive so fast.你不必开得这么快。
4. The library is on the corner of Xinhua Street and Zhongshan Road.
5. How far is it from here?
1. How can I get to…?
2. Go along Xinhua Street and turn left at the first crossing.
3. Could you tell me the way to…?
4. Go along this road until…
5. – Excuse me, which is the way to the post office?
– Sorry, I don’t know. I’m new here.
– Thank you all the same!
– Excuse me. Is there a bank near here?
– Yes. Go up this street to the end, and you’ll find it on your left.
6. Don’t play on the street.
7. Be careful !
Unit 7 The Birthday Party
Topic 1 When is your birthday?
plan to do sth., have a look, use sth. for…, give sb. a surprise
1.first of all首先 2.have a birthday party举行生日晚会（聚会）
3.have a special dinner吃一顿特殊的晚餐 7.be born出生
8.the shape of ??的形状 9.I’m afraid…我恐怕，我担心??
1. How do you plan to celebrate it?
2. She was born on October 22nd, 1996.
3. What shape is it now?/ What shape was it a moment ago?
4. How long/wide is it?
5. What do we use it for?
1.When is your birthday, Kangkang? May 13th.
①“when”可以就年、月、日和钟点进行提问，而“what time”只能就钟点进行提问。 ②英语中日期有几种表示方法：
如：March 21st,2001 读作March the twenty-first, two thousand and one(2001年3月21日) b.先写日子，再写月份和年，这通常是英国写法。
如:：21st March,2001读作the twenty-first of March, two thousand and one
3.What day is it today? It’s Friday. 询问星期用What day…? 回答用It??
What’s the date today? It’s May 21st,2004.询问日期用What’s the date…?
4.What is your present for Kangkang’s birthday.名词所有格表示名词之间的所属关系。一般有两种表示方式，一种是在名词后加 's 构成，一种是用 of 所有格。
(1) 表示有生命的人或物的名词，在词尾加 's 来表示从属关系，如：
Mary’s school bag my sister’s cat
(2) 以 s 结尾的名词，表示所有格只在后面加’, 如：
the boys’ game the teachers’ chairs
(3) 由 and 连接两个或两个以上的单数名词，表示共有关系，只在最后一个名词后加 's
如：Tom and Mike’s sister Jack and John’s room Tom’s and Jack’s fathers
(4) 无生命东西的名词，一般都与 of 构成短语，表示所属关系， 如：
a map of China a picture of my school
8.When were you born?你什么时候出生？
9.May I have a look? Sorry, I’m afraid you can’t.
I’m afraid往往相当于I’m sorry, but…可用来引出带有歉意的句子，表求一种担忧，语气较
缓和，如：I’m afraid I can’t come.(=I’m sorry, but I can’t come.)
1. – Would you like to come? – Yes, I’d love to.
2. – What day is it today? – It’s Saturday.
3. – What’s the date today? – It’s May 5th, 2007.
4. – Can I have a look? – Sorry, I’m afraid you can’t.
1) 序数词1━19 除第一,第二,第三,第五,第八,第九, 第十二变化不规则外, 其余均由在基数词后加上 -th。
3) 几十几的序数词,只是把个位数变成序数词, 十位数不变。 序数词的用法: 序数词主 要用作定语,表语。前面要加定冠词 the。
Topic 2 Can you dance or draw?
have a good time, take…to, take photos, be good at , Happy Birthday!生日快乐！
take photos拍照 work out作出，解决 two years ago两年前
perform ballet 表演芭蕾舞 dance to disco跳迪斯科 make model planes做飞机模型
at the age of five with her mother's help
1. What else can you do?
2. Six years ago,there was something wrong with her eyes.
3.What would you like to do at Kangkang’s birthday party?
4.I can only sing English songs.我只会唱英文歌曲。（情态动词can的用法）
They couldn’t sing any English songs two years ago.两年前他们不会唱英文歌曲。
一段时间+ago：表示在??时间以前，如：three months ago三个月以前
5.I can play the guitar.
1. Happy birthday to you!
2. You are so smart! 2) 十位整数的序数词的构成方法是, 是将十位整数基数词的词尾 -y 变成 i 再加 -eth。
3. No way!
4. Can you dance to disco or perform ballet?
5. Do you want to sing Chinese songs or English songs?
Topic 3 We had a wonderful party?
1. at once, come back, by hand, make a silent wish, in one breath ，lots of=a lot of 许多
2. tell a lie撒谎 3. in fact事实上，实际上 12. magic tricks魔术
4. fall down跌倒 6. have a good time玩得高兴，过得愉快
7. blow out 吹灭 8. not…at all一点也不，根本不 9. not …till/until直到??才
10. hurt oneself受伤 be funny
15.What about /How about +名词、代词或动名词，意为“??怎么样？”常用来表示对??的看法，或表示建议、询问的方式，如：How/What about sitting here to look at the moon? 重点句型：
1. Did Kangkang enjoy himself at the party?
2. Helen was reciting a poem while Maria was dancing ballet.
3. But we went to Alice’s home and talked about it until twelve o’clock.
4. Kangkang made a silent wish, and then he blew the candles out in one breath.
5. What about /How about +名词、代词或动名词，意为“??怎么样？”常用来表示对??的看法，或表示建议、询问的方式，如：How/What about sitting here to look at the moon?
1. He performed some magic tricks. 一般过去时的句子构成.
(1) My mother didn’t go to work yesterday.
(2) Did you go to the zoo last Sunday? Yes, I did. /No, I didn’t .
2. I didn't play video games at all.
not…at all根本不，一点都不，at all多放在否定句末，加强否定语气，如：
My mother can’t ride a bike at all. Thanks very much. Not at all.
1. Did you hurt yourself?
2. Look at your hands! Go and wash them at once.
3. This way, please.
4. How can you lie to me?
5. I won't do it again.
6. Why didn’t you tell me the truth?
I. 一般过去时的概念：一般过去时表示过去某个时间发生的动作或存在的状态。常和表示过去的时间状语连用。如：last year, yesterday等； 也可表示过去经常反复发生的动作，常和often, always等频率副词连用。
例如：①I saw him in the street yesterday. 昨天我在街上看见他了。
②Li Mei always went to school on foot last year. 去年李梅总是步行上学。
如：am(is)-was, are-were, go-went, come-came, take-took, have (has)-had等。
如：He went to the toy store yesterday. 他昨天去玩具店了。
否定句结构为：主语+did not (didn't)+动词原形+其它。
如：He didn't go to the toy store yesterday. 他昨天没去玩具店。
1) --Did you go to Beijing last week? --Yes, we did. (No, we didn't.)
2) --Did you meet the businessman before? --No, I didn't. (Yes, I did.)
1) --What did you do last night? --I did my homework.
2) --Where did you go last week? --I went to Shanghai with my parents.
一般过去时并不难，表示过去动作、状态记心间。动词要用过去式，时间状语句末站。 否定句很简单，didn't 站在动词原形前，其它部分不要变。
Unit 8 The Seasons and the Weather
Topic 1 What 's the weather like in spring?
2. in spring / summer / fall / winter 在春天；夏天；秋天；冬天
4. go climbing mountains / shopping / swimming 5. quite = very 很，相当
6. come back to life 复苏，复活 7. 名词转化为形容词：hope – hopeful care – careful
8. from December to February 从十二月到二月 9. fall off落下；掉落 10. weather report
11. a hopeful season 一个充满希望的季节 the harvest season丰收的季节
12. come after 紧跟其后 13. get warmer and warmer 变得越来越暖和
make a snowman, all day, nice and warm, remember to do sth. need to do sth. later on, all the year round, come back to life, the same as, last from…to (从……持续到……), be busy doing sth. fall from the trees (从……上掉下来)
7. It is a good season for hiking. It is a good time to climb mountains. The ground is white with snow. Please remember to wear warm clothes. You need to wear sunglasses. Everything comes back to life. The leaves fall from the tree.
1. What’s the weather like today? = How is the weather today? 今天天气怎么样？
2. Which season is the warmest / hottest / coolest / coldest in the year?
3. Sometimes it rains quite heavily / hard. 有时候雨下得很大。
4. It’s a good time to swim. 它是游泳的好时节。It’s a good season for hiking. 它是去远足的好季节。It’s a good time / season to do something. 它是做某事的好时间；好季节。
5. Do you like summer? Yes, but I like winter better.
Which season do you like best, spring, summer, fall or winter? I like summer best.
Like…better 更喜欢… like…best 最喜欢…
6. I like spring best. = My favorite ( season ) is spring. 我最喜欢的季节是春天。
7. What’s the weather like today? What was the weather like yesterday? What will the weather be like tomorrow? 今天天气怎么样？昨天天气怎么样？明天天气怎么样？
8. It’s hard to say.
10. The weather gets warmer and warmer. 天气变得越来越暖和。
get变得。如：get cold 变冷；get thin 变瘦
比较级and比较级意为“越来越…”，如：taller and taller； heavier and heavier.
11. The cold weather is coming. 寒冷的天气马上就要来了。
12. Winter lasts from December to February. 它从十二月持续到二月。
14. The farmers are busy harvesting. 农民们忙着收割庄稼。
be busy doing something = be busy with something 忙着做某事
I am busy doing my job. = I am busy with my job. 我忙着我的工作。
1. – What’s the temperature, do you know?
– The low temperature is 20℃ and the high temperature is 25℃
Topic 2 The summer holidays are coming.
places of interest, a pair of, and so on, the day before yesterday
1. the summer / winter holiday 暑假；寒假 2. talk about 谈论到，谈及 3. holiday plans
4. want to go 想去
want to do something = would like to do something 想做某事
hope to do something 希望做某事 plan to do something 计划做某事
5. around the country 环绕国家 6. take pictures / photos of 给…照相
6. 8. places of interest 名胜古迹
9. celebrate something with somebody 和某人一起庆祝某事
10. get together with somebody 和某人聚会在一起 a little later晚一点
11. go on a trip去旅游 go for a holiday 去度假
12. have a good time = have a great time = have a wonderful time = have fun 玩得很高兴
14. pass something to somebody 传递某物给某人
15. the best time 最佳时间 16. enter someone’s home 进入某人家里
17. take off your shoes 脱鞋子 18. go out 出去 go back 回去 19. point to 指着
20. eat with your left hand 用左手吃东西 21. Muslin countries 穆斯林国家
23. make the OK sign 做个好了的手势 24. be on time 守时
1. I wish to travel around the country and take pictures.
2. What’s the best time to go there?
3. What should I take with me?
4. How long were you there?
5. It is very different from ours.
1. The summer holidays are coming soon. 暑假要来了。
2. I hope to get together with my old friends. 我希望和我的老朋友在一起。
3. Each of us has a good plan for the holidays. 我们每个人都有一个很好的假期计划。
5. It sounds really interesting and exciting. 它听起来相当有趣和令人激动。
6. Different countries have different customs. 不同的国家有不同的风俗。
7. Don’t eat with your left hand. 你不能用左手吃东西。
Don’t touch a child on the head in Thailand.
8. You mustn’t point to anything with your foot. 你千万不要用脚指东西。
9. Guess what I bought for you! 猜猜我为你买了什么！
1. – I hope you all have a good time. – You, too.
2. It sounds really interesting!
3. – How was your trip? – It was wonderful!
4. Please give my love to your parents.
How was you trip? It was wonderful.
How did you make your trip? By plane.
What places did you visit? We visited some famous temples.
When did you come back? I came back yesterday.
Where did you go on a trip? To Australia.
Why did you watch TV? Because I wanted to watch tennis games.
Whom did you live with? My parents.
Topic 3 Let’s celebrate!
1. 节日名称2. make dumplings包饺子3. perform lion and dragon dances 表演舞狮子和舞龙
4. give each other presents 互赠礼物 5. dress up 盛装打扮，乔装打扮
6. the most important 最重要 7. stay up 熬夜 8. gaze at 观看 9. get dark 变黑
10. have a family get-together 举行家庭聚会 11. prepare for 为…做准备 12. knock on 敲打
13. go trick-or-treating 去玩“是恶作剧还是请客” a seven-day holiday 七天的假期
14. play tricks on somebody 捉弄某人 15. enjoy doing something 享受做某事
16. be in bed 入睡 17. send…to 把…送到…；寄…18. colored lights / candles 彩灯；彩烛
19. on Christmas Eve 在圣诞节前夜 20. lunar May 5th 农历五月五
21. hold dragon boat races 举行龙舟赛 22. eat rice dumplings 吃粽子
23. the birthday of China 中国的生日 24. the capital city of China 中国的首都城市
25. Tian’anmen Square 天安门广场 26. watch the national flag go up 观看升国旗 重点句型：
1. It means the end of the Spring Festival.
2. People show their love to their mothers by giving presents.
3. People are busy preparing for Christmas.
4. They give Christmas cards to their friends and decorate Christmas trees with lights and
5. Children put up stockings by the fireplaces.
6. In China, celebrating Spring Festival is a big event.
7. On the eve of the festival, the whole family get together for a big dinner.
8. People stay up and enjoy dumplings at midnight for good luck.
9. Children greet their parents and get lucky money as new year gifts.
1. Merry Christmas! 2 Let’s celebrate.
3Please give my best wishes to your parents.