Module 1 How to learn English
重点词汇：translate, translation, correct, number, repeat, pronunciation, writing, spelling, term, advice, write down, mistake, notebook, else, radio, newspaper, message, pen friend, each, other, excellent, orchestra, language, improve, basic, watch, guess, just, yourself, enjoy yourself, conversation, deep, breath, smile, remember, all the time, accent, wish, group, mark, club, together
welcome back 欢迎回来 write it down 写下来in class 课堂上next to 紧邻着……what else 其他的什么listen to the radio 听收音机each other 彼此，互相help sb. with sth. 帮助某人做某事help sb. (to) do sth. 帮助某人做某事ask for 寻求the number of ……的数量take a deep breath 深呼吸make you shy 使你害羞all the time 一直Best wishes. 良好的祝愿。be good at 在……方面擅长make a list 列个清单the meaning of ……的意思advise sb. to do sth. 建议某人做某the best way to do sth. 做……的最好方式the number of ……的数量take a deep breath 深呼吸make you shy 使你害羞all the time 一直Best wishes. 良好的祝愿。be good at 在……方面擅长make a list 列个清单the meaning of ……的意思advise sb. to do sth. 建议某人做某事the best way to do sth. 做……的最好方法enjoy oneself 玩得愉快show sb. around 带领某人参观make friends 结交朋友think about 考虑think of 想出British accents 英国口音try to do sth. 尽力做……make mistakes 犯错误
1.You should always speak English in class. 你应该在课堂上一直说英语。
2. And why don’t you write down the correct words? 你为什么不记下正确的单词呢？
3. It’s a good idea to check your vocabulary notebook. 检查你的词汇手册是一个好主意。
4. How about listening to the radio in English? 听英语广播怎么样？
5. But try not to translate every word. 但是尽量不要去翻译每一个单词。
① How can I...? ② What should I do? ③ Can you give me some advice?
④ What do you think I should do? ⑤ Shall I/we do...?
Unit 1 Try not to translate every word.
教材分析：The unit is focused on practicing the students’ listening and speaking ability, the vocabulary as well as the sentence structure is hard for the students to grasp. Sufficient examples and drilling are necessary.
教学目标：To get to know the key vocabulary.
To understand the dialogue 3.
To be able to talk about the problems in learning English.
教学重点：Lead-in the vocabulary, especially the Key points: translate, correct, grammar, pronunciation,
spelling, try to do,
Why don’t you…? How about…?
设计思路：Encourage the students to talk with each other to practice the sentence structure elicited by the
Task-based acting out activity3 is a better way for students to practice speaking.
Step1 Learn the new words of Module 1 （见课件3-4）
Step2 Let the students discuss（见课件5-8）
1. Do you enjoy learning English? 2.Why do you learn English?
3.Which do you think is difficult for you about learning English? 4. How to learn English well?
Step3 Activity 1 Find homes for the following word（见课件9-10）
Step4 Activity 3 Listen and read.
A. Write notes after reading（见课件11-12）
B. Listen and choose（见课件13）
1. Why is Ms James going to give her students some advice?
A. Because she is a good teacher. B. Because she likes to give others advice.
C. Because it is a new term.
2. They are talking about_____________
A. what they will do in the English class. B. how to speak English. C. how to learn English.
C. Listen and check（见课件14）
1.We should Speak Chinese in class.
2. You should Write the mistakes in the notebooks.
3. Why don’ t you write down the correct spelling and grammar next to the mistakes?
4. It’a good idea to check your vocabulary notebook every day.
5. How about listening to English radio programs?
6. What about reading English newspaper?
7. Try to translate every word when you read newspapers?
D. Read and fill in the blanks（见课件15）
J: You ______ always speak English in class. And you _______ write down your mistakes in your notebooks. And _______ you write down the correct spelling and grammar next to the mistakes? What else? L: It’s __________ to check your vocabulary notebook every day.
J: That’s a good idea. Thanks a lot, Lingling. __________ listening to the radio or reading a newspaper in English? But ________ to translate every word.
L: I think everyone ________ have a pen friend and write email messages to each other. I’m going to meet my pen friend in Beijing this term.
Step5 Activity 7 What should I do to improve: （见课件16）
Step6 Doing some exercises.
A. Look at the picture and fill in the blanks（见课件17）
1.She ________ _______ (read )the newspaper now.
2.She often ___________ (read) newspapers in the evening.
3.She ___________ (read)the newspaper yesterday evening.
4.She _____ _______ (read) another newspaper tomorrow.
1. You should not ________(翻译) every word.
2. You need to______ (纠正) all the mistakes in your notebook.
3. ______(将……配对) the words with the pictures.
4. Can you______(重复) the words you said yesterday?
5. He has a good_____________(发音).
6. Please tell me your telephone n_______ .
7. I don’t know how to spell it. Could you tell me its s_______?
8. Mr Chen is going to teach us maths next t____ .
9. I don’t know what to do. Could you give me some a_____?
10. 21st Century Teens is a good English n________.
sound, watch, go, speak
A: Miss Liu, can you tell me how to improve my listening and
B: How about (1) ________English films?
A: That (2)_______like a good idea.
A: What else can I do?
B: You should speak more English in class.
A: That’s right. I (3)______more Chinese in English class before. B: Why don’t you (4)___to an English club?
A: Good! I’ll find one
Homework for today
1. Finish Exx 6,7&8 on page 113.
2. Recite the dialogue with your partner.
Unit 2 Please help me!
教材分析:The reading passage has so much information, and there are quite a few new words in it. This will help to improve students’ reading skill.
教学目标：To get information from reading material about improving your English.
To get to know how to write a letter.
教学重点：Reading ability: read for details.
Vocabulary: punctuation, advice, mistake, message, language, conversation
Key points: enjoy oneself, ask for, be good at, decide to do,
It takes sometime to do sth.
设计思路：Encourage the students to predict what the text will be about by reading the title.
Ask the students to read for details.
Encourage the students to find out how to write a letter about learning English.
Step1 Review what they have learned from last lesson.
1. Ask Ss to act out the dialogue in Lesson1.
2. Ask Ss to show opinion on how to learn English.
Step2 Let the students discuss
What questions do you have about…? （见课件2）
Step3 words and expressions（见课件3）
Step4 Activity 2
A.Read the passage and answer（见课件4）
I. What are the questions other people ask?
II. What are the three basic questions ?
1. The first question is about ____________.
2. The second question is about __________.
3. The third question is about ____________.
B.Reading for details: （见课件5-6）
I. complete the sentences.
1. Li Hao takes a long time to watch films and listen to songs in English because ________________.
2. The language Doctor thinks Li Hao should ____________ the film or songs with friends , and just
_________ the meaning of the new words.
3. The best way to learn vocabulary is to _________ remember eight or ten words a day.
A. _______ them on paper and place them in your bedroom.
B. _______ the words when you see them and change them every day.
C. __________ counting the English words or saying the English names when shopping?
II. Complete the sentences with the words in the box. （见课件7）
conversation, count, deep breath, forget, improve, remember, shy, smile
1. Sam is often ________ when he speaks to his foreign teacher.
2. The language doctor advises Sam to take a ________and _________ before he starts a _______.
3. Oliver always _________ his new words quickly because he tries to _________ all the new words
D. Read and say T or F（见课件8）
1.You can use “how old are you” to start a talk.
2. Change new words often after you place them in the bedroom.
3. When you finish a song or a film, try to think about all the new words.
4. Smiling can help you speak in front of the class.
Step5 Group discussion: （见课件9） G2. What’s your idea about learning vocabulary?
G3. What’s the best piece of
G4. What’s your Step6 Writing （见课件10-11）
I. What’s your question about learning English? Write a letter to Sarah and ask for advice.
I find it’s very hard to understand American and British accents. _____________________________? Best wishes,
II. Exchange the writing and give advice.
I think you should….
1. —What ________ (语言) do you speak? —I speak Chinese and English.
2. Why don’t you ____(寄) a postcard to your grandma?
3. She wants to find some good ways to_______（提高） her listening.
4. I bought a birthday present for you. Can you_____（猜测）what it is?
5. There are some____（主要的）questions to ask you.
6. __________ (记得) to say hello to your friends.
7. It’s time to start a new ____________ (谈话).
8. You can write the new words on pieces of paper and _____ (放置) them in your bedroom. 4
9. She made a____ (愿望) on her birthday.
10. He looked after his grandma______ ______ ____ (一直).
B. 请选择适当的短语填空, 有的需要变换形式。（见课件15-16）
write down, listen to, in class, each other, next to
1. Don’t talk with others ______ .
2. How about__________ the radio every day?
3. There is a school ______the Sunshine Hospital.
4. They often write letters to_________.
5. The teacher asked me to __________ my name on the blackboard.
Let’s____ the teacher________ ______ about how to improve our reading.
2. 昨天他们在公园里玩得很开心。 Yesterday they__________________ in the park.
3. 我们花了半个小时时间读完了这本书。 It_______ half an hour to ____the book.
4. 你应该深呼吸并微笑。 You should________________ and smile.
5. 别忘了给玛丽打电话。 _____________call Mary.
( )1. We can find some information____ the Internet. A. with B. by C. on
( )2. The advice is good ___ your study. A. for B. in C. at
( )3. —Would you please tell me about the exam, Miss White?
—You did quite well. You’ve made ___ mistakes. A. few B. a few C. little
( )4. Your idea______ great. A. listens B. sounds C. hears
1. Sum up the key words and sentences.
2. Read the passage “learning to learn”.
3. Listening to English songs or watch a film in English.
Unit 3 Language in use
教材分析: The unit is to check if the students can use the key vocabulary and new words they learn in this unit to express what they want others to know.
Task-based language learning would help the students use the vocabulary and sentence structure.
教学目标：To encourage students to write an English study plan for themselves this year.
To say what they’re good at, what they aren’t good at and what they should do.
教学重点： Focus: Why don’t we …?
You should do ….
It is + adj. + to do ….
设计思路：Present a practical task for the students to learn language in use.
Step1 1.Review what they have learned from last unit.
2.Ask Ss to the text in unit2.
Step2 Let the students discuss
How to love learning English（见课件2）
Step3 Give Jack some advice（见课件3） go to bed before nine o’clock, and get up at half past six. 4.___________writing words in groups. Step4 Read the letter to the Language Doctor Fill in the blanks（见课件4-7）
You should read some English every day. It’s good for your vocabulary. Then (1)__________ you look for some people who speak English in your town? (2)_________ saying hello to them and asking them where they come from?(3)_______ make friends and show them around your town. Is there an English club in your town? If there isn’t, (4)__________ you start one with your friends? (5)__________ playing a few games and listening to some music? You can watch an English film together, and (6)____________ speak English all the time. Then you (7)_______ invite your new English friends to your club!
Step5 look for friends A7（见课件8）
Step6 Activity 9(见课件9）Choose the best words
1. ________your English by listening to the radio.
2. _______the pictures in the order you hear them.
3. ________ the mistakes in these sentences.
4. _______ the pictures with the paragraphs.
5. _______ your spelling and punctuation.
Step7Around the world（见课件10-11）
请阅读Around the world部分, 补全下面短文中所缺单词, 首字母已给出。
There are different ways for you to learn English. First, you can read some magazines and n_________ (1). Second, you can find English l_______ (2) sites on the I_______ (3). Third, it’s good for you to listen to some English s____ (4), watch TV and f____ (5) in English.
Step7 Doing some exercises.
1. 我觉得你应该找一个笔友。 I think you ______find a pen friend.
2. 为何不看场电影呢？ _______ watch a film?
3. 试着不要在英语课上说汉语。 _______to speak Chinese in English class.
4. 给大明买个MP4怎么样？ How about______ an MP4 for Daming?
5. 听英文广播是个好主意。 It’s a good idea________ to the radio in English.
1. Make an English study plan for yourself.
2. Preview Module 2.