市九年级英语目标检测题（Unit 1--2） Class Name Score:
一、 选择填空 (25分)
3、 It’s terrible4、 B从各题的A、B、C三个选项中选择正确答案。(共17小题，每小题1分，共17分) 5 –Excuse me, can you tell me the English meaning of the word? -----Why not _____in a dictionary?
A look it up B put it up C pick it up
6 .If you want to study English well, please read aloud every morning. It helps_______.
A a lot of B a lot C kind of
7. I often laugh when I see my grandmother learning pop songs. But she says, ”One is never________ old to learn.”
A so B to C too
8. It is impolite(不礼貌) to laugh _____ others when they are ____ trouble.
A to, in B at, in C at, with
9 ----We can use QQ to communicate with each other online.
------Good. Will you please show me_______?
A how to use it B what to use C where to use it
10.----- Excuse me. I want to buy some stamps. Where can I find a post office? -------I know ______ not far from here. You can find_____ easily.
A that, it B it; one C one; it
11 .He’s never been to the Great Wall,______?
A is he B has he C hasn’t he
12 .Let’s not worry _______ our problems. Let’s face the challenges _______.
A about; instead B about; instead of C with; instead
13.He ________ many books in the last few years.
A wrote B has written C was writing
14. I don’t have a partner _______ English _______
A practice;/ B to practice; with C to practice; /
15. You failed for the first time. Why not try ______ second time?
A a B the C /
16. Another 10 days ________,but they didn’t finish the task yet.
A past B went by C went over
17. Ye Siwen works hard on her English and _________.
市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 1 页 共 6 页
A so Sun Yang does B so is Sun Yang C so does Sun Yang
18. The teacher asked the students to ______ a story about a trip to the moon.
A get up B look up C make up
19.My aunt loves kids, and she is very______ with young children.
A patient B angry C afraid
20.He was so ______ when he heard the _____ news that he got the first prize in the contest.
A exciting; exciting B exciting; excited C excited; exciting
21. ---Can I use your bike?
-------- Sorry,__________. I’m using it now.
A I’m afraid not. B I’m afraid so . C I’m not afraid.
A: Hey, Ted. Over here. Don’t you remember me? B: Oh, Wow! You are Jane, aren’t you? .
B: You used to be really shy, didn’t
B: You used to be afraid of flying in an airplane, didn’t you?
A: Yes, I did.
B: Are you still afraid of flying in an airplane?
A: No, I’B: Me? Oh, I’m terrified with flying in an airplane.
B: I usually go by train.
Most English people have three names: a first name, a middle name and the family name. Their family name comes . For example, my full name is Jim Allan Green. Green is my name. My parents gave me both of my other names.
People don’t use their middle names very much. So “John Henry Brown” is usually called “John Brown”. People never use Mr.、Mrs. or Miss their first names. So you can say John Brown, or Mr. Brown; but you should never say Mr. John. They use Mr. Mrs. or Miss with the family name but never with the first name.
Sometimes people ask me my name. “When you were born, why did your parents call you Jim?”they ask. “Why did they choose (选择) that name?” The answer is they didn’t call me Jim. They call me James. James was the name of my grandfather. In England, people usually me Jim for short. That’s because it is shorter and easier than James.
1. A at last B last C after
市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 2 页 共 6 页
5. A family B first C middle A after B before C with A for B of C about A call B tell C talk
he went to see a doctor. The doctor examined(检查) his stomach but couldn’t find any problem. Then he said, “Well, Mr. Johnson, take it easy. There’s serious(严重的). Stop smoking and then you’ll be all right very ”
“But, doctor,” answered Mr. Johnson, “ I ’t like smoking at all.”
“Oh, I see, “ said the doctor, “then stop drinking alcohol(酒“
“But I don’t drink alcohol,” answered Mr. Johnson.
“Don’t drink tea or coffee then,” the doctor said to him.
“I drink water,” answered Mr. Johnson,” I don’t like tea or coffee.”
The doctor for a while and then said, ”Well, what do you like to eat then?” “Potatoes. I like potatoes very much,” Mr. Johnson answered at once.
“ potatoes,” said the doctor as he got up to say goodbye to Mr. Johnson.
6. A so B but C or D for
7. A slowly B happily C quickly D carefully
8. A anything B something C nothing D everything
9. A early B soon C late D much
10. A won’t smoke B never smoked C couldn’t smoke D needn’t smoke
11. A from now on B just now C from then on D until now
12. A any B many C some D little
13. A will B won’t C don’t D only
14. A thinks B thought C is thinking D has thought
15. A cutting B buying C eating D washing
1. Yi Siling got the first gold medal in the Olympic Games. We ______________ her.
2. We were going out, but ______________ watching English language videos at home.
3. _____________ if you come here late. We can wait for you.
4. When the teacher came in, they ______________ their talk at once.
5. Paul ________________ everything new he meets.
1. His family was too poor to a___________ to buy him a backpack.
2. I often listen to the radio to i___________ my English.
3. The cold weather c____________ many plants to die in the south in 2008..
4. She is not good at math. I’m not good at it, e___________.
5. Don’t tell anyone else about the task. Please keep the s____________ between you and
市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 3 页 共 6 页
A: Hello! This is Follow Me. Can I help you?
B: Yes. I have some problems my English.
A: What are your problems?
B: First of all, I can’t get the pronunciation A: That’aloud to practice it? It will improve your skills B: OK, I’ll it. And I can’t the teacher when she talks to the class. A: Listening to more tapes will help improve your skills.
B: What new words?
A: First, you should try to guess the meanings of them. Then you can look them up in a a diary can improve your writing skills.
B: OK. I’ll do as you said. Thank you very much.
A: You’re welcome. I you improve your English soon.
1._________- 2.__________ 3.__________ 4.__________ 5.__________
6._________- 7.__________ 8.__________ 9.__________ 10.__________.
Every one needs friends. We all like to feel close to someone. It is nice to have a friend . We don’t always want people around. But we would feel lonely if we never had a friend.
No two people are the same. Sometimes friends don’t get along well. That doesn’t mean that they no longer like each other. Most of the time they will make up (和解) and go on being friends.
Sometimes friends move away. Then we feel very sad. We them very much. But we can call them and see each other online. It could be that we will even see again. And we can make new friends. It is to find out how much we like new people when we get to know them.
Families sometimes name their children after a close friend. Many places are named men and women who have been friendly to people in a town. Some libraries are named this way. are some schools. We think of these people when we go to these places.
There’s more good news for people who have friends. They live than people who don’t. Why? It could be that that they are happier. Being happy helps you stay well. .Or it could be just knowing that someone cares. If someone about you, you take better care of 1._________- 2.__________ 3.__________ 4.__________ 5.__________
6._________- 7.__________ 8.__________ 9.__________ 10.__________.
Most people enjoy hiking. Hiking is not only a healthy but also a relaxing activity. The reason why people go hiking is different from person to person. Here are some of the most
市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 4 页 共 6 页
popular reasons for people to hike:
First of all, hiking is a very good exercise which will improve people’s body. It’s a good exercise that doesn’t hurt your body.
Secondly, hiking is simple and cheap. All you need to do is to wear a pair of hiking boots and your smile to start.
Finally, hiking is the best way to get away from your everyday life. You could hike alone or go with your friends. After hiking, you will have a clear mind and then return (回到)to work with confidence. So why not plan your hiking route right away.
八、 汉译英 （共5小题，每小题2分，共10分）
1. 刚开始,我不知道如何在课堂上级笔记.(begin with)
2. 她补充道，那正好是她所需要的。(add, exactly)
3. 他以前经常开着灯睡觉.我印象很深.(used to)
4. 在造完整句子时我经常遇到麻烦.(have trouble doing)
根据表格中提供的信息，描述于梅过去与现在的变化。词数约50个，注意正确使用used to. It seems that Yu Mei has changed a lot.
十、 选择填空 市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 5 页 共 6 页
1-5） D B A C A 6-10） B C B A C 11-15）B A B B A 16-20） B C C A C 21-25）A C D A B
十一、 完形填空。1-5） B A C C A 6-10） A D C B B 11-15）A A D B C
十二、 从方框中选择恰当的短语，用其正确形式填空，完成句子。1. were proud of 2.ended
up 3.It doesn’t matter. 4 broke off .5.is interested in
十三、 根据句意和所给首字母填写单词。1.afford; 2 improve .3.caused;4 either; .5 secret 十四、 完成对话。1. with; 2 right; .3read; .4 .speaking; 5.try; 6 understand; .7listening; .8
about; .9.Keeping; 10 hope
十五、 短文填空。1. to talk; 2.alone; 3.miss; 4.them; 5.surprising; 6.after; 7.So; 8.longer;
9.cares; 10 yourself
十六、 阅读理解。1）popular;2) healthy and relaxing; 3)improve people’s body; 4）simple and
cheap; 5) a clear mind.
十七、 汉译英 （共5小题，每小题2分，共10分）
1. To begin with, I didn’t know how to take notes in class.
2. She added that was exactly what she needed.
3. He used to go to sleep with the light(s) on . I was very impressed.
4. I often have some trouble making complete sentences.
5. There’s nothing strange. People sure change.
She used to be short when she was younger, but now she is taller. She used to be quiet and shy, but now she is outgoing. She used to have curly hair, but now she has straight hair. She used to play soccer, but now she plays tennis
市九年级英语目标检测题 Unit1--2第 6 页 共 6 页