Unit 1 How do you study for a test ?
1. Talk about how to study . 学会讨论各种学习方法和策略。
2. Find out your suitable learning methods. 找出适合自己的学习方法。
1. Verb + by with gerund by＋动名词短语 表示“通过…途径，方法”
2. How questions have引导的特殊疑问句
1. How do you study for tests ? 你是怎样准备考试的？
Well , I study by working with my classmates.
2. Have you ever studied with a group ?
Yes , I have . I’ve learned a lot that way .
3. I don’t have a partner to practice English with .
Maybe you should join an English club.
4. What about reading aloud to practice pronunciation ?
Why don’t you join an English language club ?
（四）Key words and phrases （重点词汇）
1. flashcard n. 抽认卡
2. frustrating a. 令人沮丧的
3. memorize v. 记忆，背诵
4. aloud adv. 出声地、高声地
5. comma n. 逗号
6. pronunciation n. 发音
7. solution n. 解决办法
8. not at all 根本（不） 全然（不）
9. end up 结束，告…终
10. make mistakes 犯错
11. later on 以后；随后
12. be afraid to 害怕去做
13. laugh at sb. 笑话；取笑（某人）
14. take notes 做笔记，做记录
15. enjoy doing sth . 喜欢做…乐意做…
16. native speaker 说本族语的人
17. make up 组成、构成
（四）重点、难点：（Key points and difficulties）
1. by 介词，表示“通过…方法或途径”的意思，译成“靠、通过” by后面可以加名词或动名词短语
（1）The house was destroyed by fire. 房屋被火烧毁了。
（2）travel by air （land , sea）航空（陆路、航海）旅行。
（3）go by train （boat , bus）乘火车（船，公共汽车）去
（4）shake sb by the hand 和某人握手
（5）I study English by watching English movies. 我通过看英文电影学英语。
eg. There is a power station by the river. 河边有一个电厂。
（2）沿着、经由eg. come by the highway 由公路来
（3）由于 eg. by mistake 由于差错
（4）被、由 eg. some articles written by Luxun. 一些由鲁迅写的文章
（5）（表示面积）eg. a room 5m,by4m 一间长五米宽四米的房间
（6）逐批 eg. One by one 一个接一个
eg. How do you do ?
How are you ?
How’s everything going ?
eg. How is your new house ?
How do you learn English ?
I learn English by reading lots of English magazines.
（1）How is your summer holiday ? It is perfect. （表程度，表语）
（2）How did you travel around the world ?
I travelled by bike. （表方式，状语）
（3）What do you learn at school ?
I learn Chinese , English , Maths and other subjects.
How do you study English ? （运用特殊疑问句）
I study by listening to cassetts. （听录音带）
I study by studying with a group. （和小组一起学习）
by watching English programs on TV. （看英语电视节目）
by enjoying English songs. （听英文歌）
by taking part in English classes after school . （上课外英语班）
by getting an English tutor. （请英语家教）
by reading English magazines and newspaper . （读英文杂志、报纸）
by surfing the internet. （网上冲浪）
by making flashcards. （制作单词认读卡片）
by reading the textbook. （读教科书）
by asking the teacher for help. （请教老师）
by making vocabulary lists. （列单词表）
by taking notes carefully . （认真记笔记）
by having the English class carefully . （认真上课）
by finishing my homework seriously . （认真完成作业）
Do you learn English by …? （用一般疑问句）
Yes , I do . / No , I don’t.
Have you ever studied with a group ? （用完成时态）
Yes , I have . I’ve learned a lot that way.
What about listening to cassettes ? ［用what about ＋动名词提问］
I do that sometimes. I think it helps.
4. 学会评价各种学习方法的优劣（Comment on the ways of learning English）
I think studying English by …is…because …
如：I think studying English by working with a group is a good way because you can ask
others when you have questions.
I think surfing the internet is a bad way because you have to use a computer and always
waste your time.
这个句型较长是个复合句，出现了由because 引导的原因状语从句。进入初三后，我们在写作表达时，要避免再使用仅仅由because 引导的句子，而要写完整的句子。
如：不能写Because I slept late . 意思不完整，不清晰
要写成I missed the early bus because I slept late .
5. 找出自己在英语学习中的困难 （Find out your own difficulties in learning English）
learning English can be difficult . What things are difficult for you ?
I have a problem . I can’t remember the new words.
I can’t pronounce some of the words.
I can’t understand spoken English .
I always make mistakes in grammer.
I read very slowly.
I don’t know how to speak English well.
You should read English aloud.
Listening can help.
Why don’t you join an English language club to practice speaking.
Would you mind remembering new words by flashcards.
Please try to talk with your friends in English as much as possible.
6. 选择适合自己的学习方法（Choose your suitable learning ways）
I (don’t) think I can study English by … , because …
（1）I think I can study English by listening to English songs because I love music too.
（2）I don’t think I can get an English tutor because I want to learn by myself at home. 找到适合自己的方法，写出至少五句。
（六）3a in Section A 疑难解释
1.ask sb to do sth
eg. He asked his mother to buy him a new bicycle.
2. Many said they learnt by using English .
Many is a large number of something.
例如：We can put away many of these plates . We don’t need this many.
eg. I felt frustrated at that time. 那时，我觉得很沮丧。
4. not at all 根本不，全然不
eg. My brother did not like the scarf at all.
not经常可以和助动词结合在一起，at all 则放在句尾
5. get excited 变得兴奋起来 get是系动词，有“逐渐变得”的含义
get + adj
eg. get mad 生气
The long journey got the children all tired.
6. end up doing sth 终止做某事，结束做某事 后面加动名词短语
相当于finish doing sth .
但要注意与stop doing sth 的区别
eg. We had to stop singing because somebody knocked at the door.
另外，end up with … 以…结束
The party ended up with her singing.
（1）I think that doing lots of listening practice is one of the secrets of learning.
doing …为动名词短语，做从句中的主语，而listening 做定语，修饰practice.
（2）I’m enjoying learning English . （动名词短语做宾语）
（3）Seeing is believing 眼见为实（Seeing 做主语，believing 做表语）
（七）3a in Section B 疑难解析
1. First of all , it wasn’t easy for me to understand the teacher.
first of all 首先
It is (was) …for sb to do sth .
laugh at sb 嘲笑某人
take notes 记笔记
enjoy doing sth 乐意做某事
be impressed 深受感动的
first of all 首先
to begin with 一开始
later on 后来、随
1. 令人沮丧的________ 2. 背诵、记忆________
3. 出声地、高声地________ 4. 发音（v.）________
5. 解决方法________ 6. 根本不________
7. 结束做某事________ 8. 犯错________
9. 害怕做某事________ 10. 说本族语的人________
11. 笑话某人________ 12. 做笔记________
1. study , How , you , do , for , test a
2. by study listening to , I , cassettes
3. you , do , by , learn , reading , English , aloud
4. should , find , you , pen pal a
5. can’t , a lot of , I , new , words , memorize
1. by memorizing the words of pop songs
2. by reading English magazines
3. by using English
4. by studying grammar
5. by watching English movies
6. by joining the English club at school
7. by having conversations with friends
A. because we can practice more and study English well.
B. because the native speakers speak too quickly .
C. because it is a great way to learn sentence structures.
D. because we can get lots of practice and also have fun .
E. because it is the best way to learn new words
F. because we get excited about something and then end up speaking in Chinese
G. because it can help us learn new words
Model : （1）I think I can study English by listening to English because I love music .
（2）I don’t think I can study English by getting an English tutor because I will spend too much money .
IV. 写作：谈一谈自己学习的情况，包括你遇到的困难，你的解决方法以及未来的学习计划。50字左右 （使用网稿中提供的目标语言）
My English learning
People living in different countries made different kinds of words . Today there are about fifteen hundred languagesin the world . Each contains many thousands of words . A very large dictionary , for example , contains four or fivehundred thousand words . But we do not need all these . To read short stories you need to know only about twothousand words . Before you leave school , you will learn only one thousand or more .
The words you know are called your vocabulary . You should try to make your vocabulary bigger . Read as manybooks as you can . There are a lot of books written in easy English for you to read . You will enjoy them . When you
meet a new word , find it in your dictionary . Your dictionary is your most useful book .
Training Base （阅读理解练习）
1. The number of different languages spoken is about ______.
A. 150 B. 15,000
C. 500 D. 1,500
2. Before you leave your school , you’ll learn _____.
A. only two thousand words
B. five hundred thousand words
C. more than one thousand words
D. three or four thousand words
3. To make your vocabulary bigger , you must ______.
A. get as many dictionaries as you can
B. read as many books as you can
C. buy a lot of books
D. have a very large English dictionary
4. You will enjoy ______.
A. the books written in easy English
B. your dictionary
C. your new words
D. finding new words in a dictionary
5. A very large dictionary , for example , contains four or five hundred thousand words.
6. There are a lot of books written in easy English for you to read.
Small children often laugh at the short ones or at someone who isn’t dressed as well as they are . But as they growup , they learn not to hurt people’s feelings by laughing at their problems . They learn to laugh at other things . Mostimportant they learn to laugh at themselves.
Suppose （假设）you’re playing a game . You make a mistake and lose . Do you become angry ? Or can you laugh atyourself and hope to do better next time ? Suppose you are at a special dinner . You at times spill （溅）some food . Whykeep worrying about how clumsy （笨拙）you looked ? Why not laugh it off and enjoy yourself any way ? If you can ,it’s a good sign you’ve really grown up .
Answer the questions
（ ）1. This article is mostly about ______.
A. why laughter is good for your body
B. what you should laugh at
C. where you may laugh
D. who you may laugh
（ ）2. The writer says small children laugh at people who ______.
A. have problems B. not to be worried
C. dress well D. play games
（ ）3. Next the writer shows how laughter could help you ______.
A. not to spill food B. not to be worried
C. not to enjoy yourself D. to grow up
（ ）4. The most important thing is to learn how to laugh at ______.
A. jokes B. pictures
C. children D. yourself
（ ）5. The writer shows how laughter could help you not to ______.
A. make a mistake B. lose game
C. become angry D. try again
I. 1. frustrating 2. memorize 3. aloud
4. pronounce 5. solution 6. not at all
7. end up doing sth 8. make mistakes
9. be afraid to 10. native speaker
11. laugh at sb 12. take notes
13. enjoy doing sth 14. make up
1. How do you study for a test ?
2. I study by listening to cassettes .
3. Do you learn English by reading aloud ?
4. You should find a pepal .
5. I can’t memorize a lot of new words.
1. I think I can study English by memorizing the words of pop songs because it is the best way to learn new words.
2. I think I can study English by reading English magazines because it can help us learn new words .
3. I think I can study by using English because we can practice more and study English well .
4. I think I can study by studying grammar because it is a great way to learn sentence structures.
5. I don’t think I can learn English by watching English movies because the native speakers speak too quickly .
6. I don’t think I can study English by having conversations with friends because we get excited about something andthen end up speaking in Chinese.
7. I think I can learn English by joining the English club at school because we can get lots of practice and also havefun .
A. 1. D 2. C 3. B 4. A
B. 1. D 2. A 3. B 4. D 5. C