Is this your mum?
Family [f?mli] 家庭,家人
F A M I L Y father and mother I love you
Words and expressions
father [fɑ:e?] n. 父亲，爸爸
parent [p??r?nt] n. 父亲；母亲 grandfather [ɡr? ndfɑ:e?] n. 祖父,外祖父
grandmother [ɡr? ndm?e?]
grandparent [ɡr? ndp??r?nt] n. 祖父或祖母，外祖父或外祖母
Words and expressions
? dad [d? d] ( papa) ? mum [m?m] (mama) ? grandpa [ɡr? npɑ:] ? grandma [ɡr? nmɑ:]
n.爸爸 n.妈妈 n.爷爷；外公 n.奶奶，外婆 n.妹妹；姐姐 n.弟弟；哥哥
? sister [sist?] ? brother [br?e?]
Words and expressions
aunt [ɑ:nt] n. 姨母;伯母;婶母;舅母;姑母 uncle [??kl] n. 叔叔;伯伯;舅舅;姑父;姨父 cousin [k?zn]
son [s?n] daughter
n. 堂兄弟；表兄弟 n. 儿子 n. 女儿
? 凯利夫妇和他们的 18个孩子（美国）
father 父亲 sister
叔叔;伯伯;舅舅; 姨; 姑父;姨夫 伯母; 婶母; cousin 舅母; daughter 堂(表)兄(弟); 姑母 女儿 堂(表)姐(妹)
This is Tony’s family.
This is Tony’s …
grandfather grandmother grandmother
father mother aunt
What a big family!
2 Listen and check (√) in Activity 1 the people Tony mentions.
mother aunt uncle √ father √
3 Listen and choose the correct answer. 1 Linda is Tony’s sister / cousin. 2 Liz is Tony’s mother / aunt. 3 Paul is Tony’s dad / uncle.
4 Mike is Tony’s cousin / brother.
1. My mum’s parents are on the left, and my dad’s parents are on the right. 我妈妈的父母亲在左边，我爸爸的父母亲在 右边。 What a big family! 真是一个大家庭啊！ on the left 在左边 on the right 在右边 都是表示方位的介词短语，不仅可以用来描 述人物之间的位置关系，也可以用来描述事 物之间的位置关系。如： The bus station is on the left, and the hospital is on the right. 公交车站在左边，医院在右边。
2. Is this your mum? 这是你的妈妈吗? “Is this / that …?”常用于询问对方“这/ 那 是……吗？”，回答时常用“Yes, it is”或“No, it isn’t”。 回答主语是this 或that的疑问句时，常用it来代 替this 或that，以避免重复。同样，回答主语为 these或 those的疑问句时，常用they来代替。 —Are these your photos? —Yes, they are. on the right / left 意为“在右边/左边”，此处 right/ left为名词。 “在某人的右/左边”是on one’s right / left或
amily 家庭 family 若强调一个整体，谓语动词用单 数；若强调家庭中的每一个成员，则谓 语动词用复数形式。如： My family is a big one. 我们家是一个大家庭。 His family are going to travel to the USA. 他打算全家去美国旅行。
family, home和house 1) family意为“家，家庭，家人”，着重指 由 家庭成员组成的社会基本结构——家庭或 家庭中的每个成员，如： I love my family. 我爱我家。 The whole family will spend their holiday in Hainan. 全家将在海南度假。 2) home意为“家，家园”，指与家人共同 居
I have to stay at home alone tonight. 今晚，我不得不一人呆在家里。 3) house意为“房子, 房屋”, 侧重指住所, 即建筑物，如： There are many trees in front of my house. 我家前面有许多树。 His house is in Shanghai. 他住在上海。
4 Underline the correct words. Tony has a big family. In the photo his father’s parents are on the (1) left / right and his mother’s parents are on the (2) left / right. Mike and Helen are Tony’s cousins and they’re (3) in front of / next to Paul. Paul is Liz’s (4) husband / brother.
Pronunciation & speaking
5 Listen and repeat. /h/ Helen her husband
/b/ boy brother
/p/ parent Paul
Talk about your family.
A: How many people are there in your family? B: There are … A: Is this your dad? B: No, it isn’t. That’s my uncle. A: Are these your grandparents? B: Yes, they are. / No, they aren’t.
A: Is this your grandparents? B: Yes, they’re. This is my grandmother. My grandfather is on the right.
A: Is this your cousin? B: No, it isn’t. That’s my brother. My cousin is on the right. He’s playing basketball.
A: Is this your sister? B: Yes, it is. A: What’s her name? B: Her name is Jessica.
A: Is this your father? B: No, it isn’t. It’s my uncle. A: Is he a teacher? B: Yes, he is. He’s a math teacher.
本课时主要句型 1. — How many people are there in your family? — There are … 2. — Have you got any …? — Yes, I have. I’ve got … His / Her name is … Their names are … No, I haven’t.
注: word 文档 点击此处链接
一、单词练一练。 a f 1. 祖父; 外祖父 gr_nd_ather o 2. 祖母; 外祖母 g_andm_ther r th 3. 父亲 fa__er er 4. 母亲 moth__ ro 5. 兄弟 b__ther 6. 姐; 妹 s_s_er i t 7. 姨; 伯母; 婶母; 舅母; 姑母 au_t n cl 8. 叔叔; 伯伯; 舅舅; 姑父; 姨夫 un__e
二、根据首字母完成单词。 1. It is a p____ of Tony’s family. hoto
2. How m___ people are there in any Lingling’s family? 3. Daming’s sister is on theeft l__. 4. Tony’sunt is next to his ncle a___ u____. 5. The school is in f____ of the building. ront
her we our my his she he my My name’s Rebecca. These are ___ friends. There are from different Her countries. Susan is American. ___ father is a doctor. Mi
ke isn’t Chinese. ___is He English. ___ mother is a teacher. ___ is His She our English teacher. ___ are her students. ___ We
1. 我的妹妹是医生。她就站在我旁边。 My ___ sister is a doctor She is standing next__ _____. ___ to me. 2. 他的奶奶来自美国。她是一名公共汽车司 机。 His ___ grandma is from America. She’s a bus ____ _____. driver 3. 杰克不是中国人。他的父亲是酒店经理。 Jack isn’t ___ Chinese. ___father is a ____ ______. His hotel manager
4. — 盒子里有几个苹果？ — 有6个。 How many ______ are there — _____ ______ apples ____ _____ in the box? — ______ ____ six. There are 5. 看，这些是我新自行车的照片。 these are some photos Look, _____ ___ _____ ______ of my new bike. 6. 他的妈妈紧挨着爸爸。 next to His mother is ____ __ his fahter.
1. Remember all the new words and expressions we’ve learned today; 2. Write something about your family by using words we’ve learned today.
1. To preview the new words and expressions in unit 2;
2. To preview the passage in unit 2.