头脑风暴：说出表示职业的名词 soccer player actor doctor actress cook driver nurse engineer pilot pianist scientist teacher violinist
说理想，谈打算。 I want to be an engineer. I’m going to study math. I want to be a scientist. I’m going to study science. I want to be a school teacher. I’m going to study education. I want to be a soccer player. I’m going to practice soccer hard. I want to be a reporter. I’m going to keep on write articles.
I want to be a doctor. I’m going to study medicine.
I want to be a singer. I’m going to take singing lessons. I want to be a cook. I’m going to go to a cooking school. I want to be a race car driver. I’m going to buy a fast car. I want to be an actor/actress. I’m going to take acting lessons.
I want to be a pianist. I’m going to take piano lessons.
I want to be a computer programmer.
I’m going to study computer science. I want to be a writer. I’m going to read and write many stories. I want to be a polit. I’m going to exercise every day.
1. resolution n. 决心；决定 e.g. What’s her New Year’s resolution? 她的新年决心是什么？ 2. team n. 队；组 e.g. Li Fei is in the school basketball team. 李飞在学校篮球队里。
3. foreign adj. 外国的 拓展： foreigner n. 外国人
e.g. Li Fei is going to learn a foreign language. 李飞打算学习一门外语。 Many foreigners visit the Great Wall every year. 每年有很多外国人来长城参观。
4. able adj. 能够 e.g. We shall be able to deal with all sorts of problem. 我们应该能够应付各种困难。 be able to 能够做某事
5. question v. 表示疑问；怀疑；提问
e.g. I question the truth of the story. 我对这个故事的真实性表示怀 疑。 拓展：question 还可做名词， 意为“问题” e.g. People don’t like to ask questions about money. 人们不喜欢问钱的问题。
6. meaning n. 意义；意思 7. beginning n. 开头；开端 构词法：mean (动词) + ing→ meaning (名词) e.g. A dictionary explains the meaning of the words. 词典是解释词义的工具书。
at the beginning of 在……开始 e.g. At the beginning of the class, we often sings a song. 刚上课，我们经常唱一首歌。
8. discuss v. 讨论；商量 e.g. Let’s discuss the housing problem. 让我们来讨论一下住房的 问题。 9. promise n. 承诺；诺言 e.g. If you make a promise, you should keep it. 如果你许了诺，你就应该遵守它。
e.g. My aunt promise to take me out for dinner. 我姑姑许诺带我出去吃晚饭。 10. improve v. 改进；改善 e.g. He tries his best to improve his English. 他努力提高自己的英语。
11. physical adj. 身体的 e.g. Physical activities are good for health. 体育活动对健康有益。 12. hobby n. 业余爱好 复数形式： hobbies e.g. My grandpa’s hobby is practicing Taiji. 我爷爷的爱好是打太极拳。
13. weekly a
dj. & adv. 每周的（地） e.g. We play chess twice weekly. 我们每周下两次象棋。 14. schoolwork n. 学校作业（不可数名词） e.g. I will do better in my schoolwork. 我会在作业方面做得更好 一些。
15. write down 写下；记录下 e.g. Write down the address before you forget it. 把地址写下来，省得忘了。 16. themselves pron. 他（她、它）们自己 e.g. They finished the work by themselves. 他们自己完成了这项工作。
17. self-improvement n. 自我改进；自 我提高 e.g. I think that’s a good idea for selfimprovement. 我认为这是个自我提高的好机会。
18. take up (尤指为消遣) 学着做； 开始做
e.g. My brother is going to take up guitar. 我弟弟尝试着开始学吉它。
Do you have any New Year’s Resolutions?
I’m going to visit Hainan with my parents by plane next year.
I’m going to get a new toy next year.
Match the pictures with the New Year’s resolutions. Number the pictures [1-5].
New Year’s resolutions
Next year, I’m going to: 1. learn to play the piano 2. make a soccer team 3. get good grades 4. eat healthier food 5. get lots of exercise
What are going to do next year? Tell your partner. What are you going to do next year?
Well, I’m going to take guitar lessons. I really love music.
Sounds interesting. I’m going to learn another foreign language.
Are you? Great! But foreign languages are not for me.
Listen and circle the resolution you hear in 1a. 1. learn to play the piano 2. make the soccer team 3. get good grades 4. eat healthier food
5. get lots of exercise
Listen again. Write how the 1d people are going to make their resolutions work.
How are they going to do it? Lucy She’s going to take piano lessons. Kim Mike He’s going to get good grades. He’s going to make the soccer team.
Make a list of other resolutions and how you are going to make them work. Then discuss them with your group. How to make them work
Resolutions be a musician …
take piano lessons
become stronger get a lot exercise
A: I want to be a teacher.
B: How are you going to do that?
A: Well, I’m going to study hard and get
B: Sounds like a good plan. I want to get
a lot of plan.
I want to be a musician.
How are you going to do that?
I’m going to take piano lessons every day.
Sounds good. I want to join a music club.
2a Discuss the questions with your partner.
Did you make any resolutions last year? Were you able to keep them? Why?
Yes, I did.
Sure. Because I practiced soccer really hard. And we made our soccer team.
Read the passage and match each 2b paragraph (1-3) with its main purpose. Underline the words and phrases that helped you decide. __ To question the idea of making resolutions __ To give the meaning of resolution __ To discuss the different kinds of resolutions
指导： ? 先读这三个主题的意思，带着问题去 读短文。 ? 通读每个段
落，理解这个段落所讲的 主要意思。 ? 在相关段落中划出相关的依据，根据 依据确定每个段落主要意思。 答案： 3；1；2
第一段：It’s a kind of promise. However, promises you make to yourself are resolutions. 第二段：different kinds of resolutions; some…; some resolutions…
第三段：hardly ever keep them. … the best resolution is to have no resolutions!
Which paragraph in the passage 2c do you think each sentence goes in? Write the letters [A-D] in the correct places in the passage. A. These are about making yourself a better person. B. For example, a student may have to find more time to study. C. There are good reasons for this. D. The start of the year is often a time for making resolutions.
指导： 1. 首先，阅读这四个句子，掌握其意思。 2. 然后，再次阅读每个段落，重点阅读 每个空格前后句子的意思。 3. 根据上下文意来确定空格处应填的句 子。
1.段 ______ D
D句意：新年伊始常是下新年决心的 时候。 第一段中介绍了resolution的意思。
A 2.段 _____
A 句意：这些决心是有关让你自己成 为一名更优秀的人的。 由前一句话“很多决心与自我提高有 关。”，可知空格处是对这句的进一 步解释。
B句意：例如，一名学生可能必须利 用更多的时间来学习。 本段中介绍了不同类型的决心，并一 一举例说明。由空格前所列是第三种 “与更好的计划有关的决心”，本空 格处应为举例说明这种类型的决心的 情况。
C 3.段 _____ C句意： 对此种情况有不错的理由。 本段中心意思是对下新年决心这种想
Answer the questions with short 2d sentences. 1. What is a resolution? It’s a kind of promise. ____________________________ 2. When do people make resolutions? At the beginning of the year. ________________________________ 3. Why do people usually make resolutions? They hope that they can improve ________________________________ their lives. ________________________________
4. How can people remember their resolutions? Some people write them down. ____________________________ 5. How many kinds of resolutions does the writer talk about? Three kinds. _____________
6. Why do you think resolutions may be difficult to keep? Sometimes they may be difficult to _________________________________ keep or sometimes people just forget _________________________________ about them. ___________ 7. Do you think the best resolution is to have no resolutions? Why or why not? No, I don’t. _________________________________ Bec
ause resolutions can help us try _________________________________ our best. ________
1. Some resolutions have to do with better planning, … 有些决定与合理的时间规 划相关，…… 1) have to do with这个结构表示 “与……相关；与……有关联或有关 系”。
e.g. What does this problem have to do with what we’re learning today? 这道题跟我们今天所学的内容有什 么关系？
2) 此句中的planning为名词，表示“计划； 规划”等意思，如：city planning（城 市规划）等。英语中better planning类 似汉语中的“合理规划”，指通过制定 计划来更加充分的利用时间、空间、精 力等。
2. Sometimes the resolutions may be too difficult to keep. 有时这些决定可能会太难而无法实现。 1) 此处情态动词may表示推测，相当于 汉语的“可能；或许；大概”之意。 e.g. You may be right this time, but I’m not sure. 这一次你或许是对的，但我无法确 定。
2) 英语中too…to…是一种固定结构，表 示“太……而不能够……”。 e.g. The kid is too young to play this game. 这孩子太小，不能玩这个游戏。 3) 本句中的动词keep意为“履行（诺言 等）；遵守（惯例等）”，这是keep 的常见用法之一。类似的句子还有：
People hardly ever keep them! 人们很少履行它们（指计划）。 在这一语义下，常见的表示还有keep a promise(信守诺言)，keep one’s word(遵 守承诺；说话算数)等。如： We always keep our word. 我们说话是算数的。
1. Read the passage after class. 2. Find these phrases in the passage. Then write your own sentences with them. have to do with; make promises have something in common; write down For this reason; take up
Hold fast to dreams. They will come true one day! 紧紧抓住梦想，总有一天 梦想会成真。