Will people have robots?
Grammar Focus What will the future be Cities will be more polluted. like? And there will be fewer trees. Will people use money in No, they won’t. Everything 100 years? will be free. Will there be world peace? Yes, I hope so. Kids will study at home on They won’t go to school. computers. Countable nouns Uncountable nouns
There will be more people. There will be more pollution. There will be fewer trees. There will be less free time.
’ll = will won’t = will not
I'm =I am You’re = you are
There's = there is There’re = there are
Don’t = do not Doesn’t = does not
3a Fill in the blanks with more, less or fewer. 1.In the future, there will be _______fresh more water because there will be_______ less pollution in the sea. more 2. In 100 years, there will be_______ cars because there will be ________ people in more the cities.
fewer 3. There will be_______ jobs for people
because_______ robots will do the same jobs more
less 4. I think there will be______ cities because more people will build_______ buildings in the country. 5. In 50 years, people will have ______free less
more time because there will be_____things to do.
3b Complete the predictions with what you think will happen. 1.Kids study at school now. In 100 years,
Kids will study at home on computers ___________________________________
2. I sometimes see blue skies in my city, but
I will often see the blue skies, in the future _______________________
because there will be less pollution. __________________________________
3. People now usually live to be about 70-80 years old, but in the future_____________ People will live to be 200 years pld. ____________________________________ 4. Families usually spend time together on weekends, but maybe in 200 years______ ___________________________________ Everyday can be weekend, because ___________________________________ they have robots to do everything.
3c Draw a picture of what you think a city in the future will be like. Then describe it to the class. I think there will be more tall buildings, and there will be fewer cars and more buses.
What can you see in this picture?
There will be…将会有
There will be more people. There will be fewer trees. There will be more pollution. There will be more buildings. There will be more cars. There will be less fresh air.
50 years later
be going to + V原形 1)以人为主语, 表示计划、打算去做某事, 这种 计划和打算往往是事前就有的。 e.g. She is going to leave tomorrow. There is going to be a football match after class.
2) 表示人根据已有的事实和迹象, 认为某事。
即将发生. 如: It’s going to rain.
一般将来时—— The simple future tense 1.概念： （1）表示将要发生的动作或存在的状态。 We will go to see him tomorrow. 我们明天来看他。 （2）表示将来经常或反复发生的动作。 From now on, I will come every da
肯定句 主语 + will +V原形 否定句 主语 + will +not + V原形 一般疑问句 Will +主语 + V原形 特殊疑问句 特殊疑问词 + 一般疑问句 简略回答 Yes, I will. No, I won’t. (注意缩写形式）
肯定 否定 一般疑问句 回答
I will have I won’t have many toys. many toys.
Will I have Yes, I will. No, many toys? I won’t.
He will do He won’t do a Will he do a Yes, he will. a good job. good job good job No, he won’t. There will There won’t be more be more people. people. They will be happy. Will there be more people? Yes, there will. No, there won’t.
They won’t be Will they be Yes, they will. happy. happy? No, they won’t.
3. Will 表示将来时态，其后常跟的时间 状语
tomorrow 明天 next year 明天 next week 下周 before 不久
next month 下个月
the day after tomorrow 后天 the year after next 后年 the week after next 下下周
注意： Will 常用于第二、三人称，但在口语中各种 人称都可以用will。 否定式：will not = won’t
一般将来时—— The simple future tense
There be 的一般将来时，表示：将来存在有
（1）肯定句：there will be… e.g. There will be more people. There will be fewer trees. （2）否定句：there won’t be… e.g. There won’t be more papers. There won’t be more buildings.
1. People won’t use money. 1) people 作“人” 讲时, 是可数名词, 单、复数 相同。a / one people 或 two peoples (×) three people, many people (√) people泛指“人们”, 是一个集体名词. 如： e.g. There are five people in that room. 那个房里有有五个人。 Many people like to go shopping. 很多人喜欢购物。
1) We study for the people. 我们为人民而学习. the people作“人民”讲, 有“全体”的含 2) The Chinese people is a great people. 义。 中华民族是一个伟大的民族. people作“民族”讲, 可以说 a people。 the village people 乡下人 3) the city people 城里人 people指“平民、百姓、居民”
辨析: people, person, folks和 human.
1) people意思为“人们”时, 着重指全体 ①“人”包括men, women, one people children 2) person ② people的单数形式
√ ③意思为“人们”时, 着重指个体
V I P = very important person 重要成员 意为“人们”时, 指一般人或特殊年龄、位 置、境遇等特殊阶级的人, 现在常用people。 3) folks如: the old folks at home 家里的老人 4) human = human being 人(类) 主要用来区别于其他动物
2) money, 不可数名词, 意为“钱, 金钱”。
可用: much, some, any, a lot of 等修饰。 纸币 paper money small money =change 零钱 硬币 coin ready money =cash 现金 earn / make money 赚钱 bank money 把钱存入银行 save money 存钱 refund money 退款
2. Everything will be free. free
adj. 免费的, 免税的, 空闲的,自由的 → n. freedom 免费, 自由 free list 免税货物单 free market 自由市场 free speech 言论自由 free thinker 自由思想家 free way 高速公路 freeman 自由人(公民) freehearted 坦率的 freewill 自愿的
3. Kids won’t go to school.
小山羊、小山羊皮 (n.) Kid =child (口语)小孩 kids =children (口语)欺骗、耍弄、开玩笑 过去式 kidded 现在分词 kidding You’re kidding! 你在开玩笑
No kidding! 别开玩笑
4. They’ll study at home on computers.
homeland hometown homework homemade homegrown homeless be away from home the joys of home Please make yourself at home. 祖国 家乡 家庭作业 自制的 国产的 无家可归的 离家在外 天伦之乐 请随便(不要拘束)！
辨析: family, house, 和 home
1) family 指家、家庭、家人 不指住房 These are my family. 这是我的家人 2) house指居住的房屋、住宅 This is my new house. 这是我的新居 ①指同家人共同生活的地方, 不一定含有建筑物的意思. ②可以是船上、窑洞或帐篷里的家庭组织. ③特别强调家里的氛围和环境 3) home ④home在美语中指“住宅”=house 谚语: East or west, home is best. 金窝银窝, 不如自己的狗窝. 谚语：There is no place like home. 没有地方比得上家.
5. People will live to be 200 years old. live to be + 基数词 + years old “活到··岁” ·· ·· 辨析live, alive, living和lively
live “活着的”, 置于名词之前, 作定语。 adj. alive “在世的”, 常作表语, 但偶尔也作 后置定语或补语. living “活着的”, 常作定语, 也可以作表语, 作表语时相当于alive. lively “活泼的, 有生气的”, 既可以作定语, 又可以作表语.
6. I think there will be more pollution.
(宾语从句) 某地有某物(表存在) There be 1) 有
某人有某物(表拥有) Have / has
2) there be 接词要运用就近(临近)原则 There is a book and two bags. There are two bags and a book.
注意: 由于will后接动词原形, 因此在 “there be” 句型一般将来时的句中will之后用be动词的原 形, 即“be”一词, 无论后面是单、复数或不可数
e.g. There won’t be any paper money.
There will only be one country.
There will be more leisure time.
3) there be 句型的时态变化 一般过去时 There was / were…
一般现在时 There is / are…
一般将来时 There will be…
e.g. There is a book on the table.
There will be more people in this city .
There won’t be rain soon.
--Will there be rain? --Yes, there will. / No, there won’t.
7. I think every home will have a robot.
every 每 个 ①着重指由一个一个所形成的全体 ②用于三个或三个以上的人或物
Every answer is right. 每个答案都是对的. each ①着重指全体中一个一个的个体
are trees on each side of the road. 路的两边都有路。
8. There will be fewer trees. There will be less free time. 相同点： fewer 和less 都表示“较少”的意思。 不同点：1. fewer 是few 的比较级，只能修饰 可数名词复数。 2. less 是little 的比较级，只能修饰不 可数名词。
1) I earn _____ money than my sister. less
2) There are ______cars parked outside than fewer
3) We have ______students this year than fewer
4) You ought to smoke _____cigarettes and fewer less drink _____beer.
9. Yes, I hope so. 对，我希望如此。 此句意为“ yes, I hope there will be world peace. 句中的so 为副词，代替了对话中上文 所说的内容，除hope 外， so还常与think （想），believe（相信），guess（猜测）等
A: Is he coming to see us? 他要来看我们吗？
B: I think so. 我想是的。
10. I sometimes see blue skies in my city,... 我有时看到城市里的蓝天，…… 句中skies用作复数，表示天气或某地的 天空看上去怎样，又如： a land of blue skies and warm sunshine. 一片有着蓝蓝的天空和温暖的阳光的土地。 当只指 “天空” 时，sky 通常用单数形式， 如:There wasn't a cloud in the sky. 天空中万里无云。 The sky turned dark just before the storm. 暴风雨来临前，天空变得漆黑了。
1. I hope my r_____ can help me with my housework. obot
2. Will kids go to s_____? chool
3. There are many c________ in Asia. ountries
4. There isn’t f_____ dinner in the world. ree
paper money 5. There won’t be any ______ _______(钞票). less 6. The students hope teachers will give them ______ (少)homework than last term.
Ⅱ. Fill in the blanks.
1. What _______ you ______ (do) this Sunday? will do will be There _____ _____ (be) a football match. Will go ______ you _______ (go) with us? 2. I _____ ______ (go) to see your father as soon will go as I get to Beijing. will be 3. I think it ______ _____ (be) rainy tomorrow. 4. My father _____ ______ (send) me a new bike will send when I am tall enough.
1.Where ______ you ____(live) five years ago. did live
--I _____ (live) in Changsha. lived
2. He ______(be) a teacher after he left college. was 3. Now he __________(have) lots of free time, but has he _________(have) less free time in ten years. will have 4. There ________(be) fewer children in people’s will be home in 10 years.
Will play 5. _____ they _____(play) football after school next Monday? -- No, they ________ won’t
Ⅳ按要求改写句子。 1) Students will go to school in the future. （改为一般疑问句） Will students go to school in the future? _______________________________________
2) There will be some robots in our home.(改否定)
There won’t some robots in our home. _______________________________________
ry one will have a small car
(对划线部分提问) What will every one have? ———————————————————
1. 明天, Jim就15岁了. Jim will be fifteen years old tomorrow.
2. 明天我爷爷不会去钓鱼。 My grandfather won’t go fishing tomorrow. 3. 你下个月将会来合肥吗? Will you come to Hefei next month? 4. 我们什么时候再见面? When shall we meet again?
1. People will have robots in their homes _____ B 100 years. A. at B. in C. after D. with C 2. I think there will be ______ people and _____ pollution. A. fewer, many B. less, fewer C. more, less D. less, fewer D 3. There won’t be any ______ in 100 years. A. paper moneys B. papers money C. papers moneys D. paper money
4. Will there ______ more cars in people’s homes? C
A. have B. has C. be D. / 5. I think every home will _____ a car. B A. be B. have C. has D. there be D 6. There are two white ______ on the desk. A. paper B. piece of paper C. papers D. pieces of paper 7. --Will there be more trees? --Yes, ______. B A. they will B. there will C. there will be D. there have
Write a short passage about yourself,
using the simple past tense, the simple
present tense and the simple future tense.