( )1. I believe our country will become _________.
A. better and better B.faster and faster C. bigger and bigger D.smaller and smaller
( )2. Please fill the bottle _________ clean water.
A.in B. which C. by D. through
( )3. I am not sure _________ I can pass the exam. I should work harder.
A.that B.when C. which D.whether
( )4.Julia and her sister look the same, so I mistook Julia_______ her sister at the party.
A.How often B. How long C. When D. How soon
( )5. The officer ordered his men _________ a bridge over the river.
A.to build B. builder C. building D. built
( )6. It took Lucy three days _________ the novel.
A. to read B. reading C. looking D. to look
( )7.This river is only 8.2 kilometers________.
A.far B.long C.high D. wide
( )8. Qin Shihuang ordered his men ________ the Underground Palace.
A.build B.building C.built D. to build
( )9. The color TVs were very popular___________.
A.in the 1990s B. in 1990s C.in the 1990s D. on the 1990s
( )10. Help me collect these books ,_________?
A. are you B. will you C. do you D. shall you
( )11.They find it ________ to learn English.
A.use B.uses C. using D. useful
( )12.Robots can do many kinds of _________.
A.a job B. jobs C. works D. a work
( )13. ---Is Mr.Brown driving here? ---I’m not sure.He _______ come by train.
A.may B. need C.shall D. must
( )14. ---Whose notebook is this?--- It ______ be Ning’s. It has her name on it.
A. share B.will share C. sharing D.shares
( )15. Last week I bought a new pair of socks because my old ones _____ out.
A. need B.can’t C. must D. shall
1. Hobbies can bring us __________ because they can make us _________(happy).
2. I’m _________( interest) in collecting stamps.
3. They __________(practice) speaking English from six to eight last night.
4. Why not __________ (paint) a tiger for me?
5. My interests are ____________(change) all the time.
6. Lesson 5 is ____________(easy) than Lesson 6.
7. This song is ___________(good) than that one, but it is _________ ________ to sing.
8. Edison is a famous __________(science) , and he invented more than one thousand things.
9. Mary was reading while Bill ___________(repair) the radio.
10. So far, there are no living things on other __________(planet).
11. Miss Wang often __________(wake ) up the students in the morning.
12. I bought some __________(dictionary) in that shop.
13. The ________(build) are building a tall building.
14. After that, the tower became one of the greatest __________(wonder) in the world.
15. We ________(weigh) the elephant yesterday afternoon. Its weight is 1.5 tons.
16. I think this photo is ________(beautiful) of all.
17. My shoes are ___________(wear) out. I need to buy a new pair.
1. Let’s have a rest, __________ ________?
2. You are so careless. （改为感叹句）_________ _________ you are!
3. I used to go swimming during the summer vacation (改为一般疑问句)
_________ you _________ to go swimming during the summer vacation?
4. I prefer reading to going out. (同义句转换)。
I like reading _________ __________ going out.
5. Why not go to see a doctor?( 同义句转换)。
Why ___________ ___________ go to see a doctor?
Have, building,each,look,first, they in enough,without,but,much,at
Do you know the differences between the new buildings and the old ones?Old buildings _________ brick and stone walls. The walls hold up _______.
In cities, many modern buildings ________ like glass buildings. Walls of dark glass reach high into the air. Many buildings are ________ than 50 stories tall.
Are walls of glass strong ________ to hold up the new buildings?No,the new glass walls do not hold up the buildings, _______ they only cover up the steel frame .Did you watch a new building going up in the past? The steel frame is built________ .Then the class walls are fixed on the frame. When the building is finished, the frame does not show. The outside looks like windows_______ walls. The glass walls shine ______ the sun. Many people find _________ beautiful.