1. ---What does Millie say to you?
---Millie says she will help do some s_________ work in the next summer vacation.
2. ---Which girl is Liu Ying?
---The girl with p__________ is Liu Ying. She is my best friend.
3. We all know that our country is b_________ more and more beautiful.
4. We asked Miss Lee to help us w__________ out the Maths problems.
5. Qi Baishi was a f__________ painter and he drew a lot of wonderful pictures.
6. ---Look at the young man’s face. It is as s__________ as a TV.
---Yes, it is. But it is smaller.
7. We can remember the kind man easily because he has s___________ eyes.
8. A good friend should be kind and p__________.
9. That sounds like an e___________ idea to me.
1. ---Look! He is shouting at his mother.
---Why is he so ___________ (polite)?
2. The Three-D film Titanic is the ___________ (wonderful) film I have ever seen.
3. Sometimes it requires courage to tell the ___________ (true).
4. John is so __________ (honest) that no one believes him.
1. ---Do you have __________ to say about your best friend?
---Yes. I want to tell you that my best friend is a helpful person, too.
A. else anything B. anything else C. other anything D. anything other
2. ---We all think skating is _________ swimming.
---But I don’t think so. I think skating is as interesting as swimming.
A. as interesting as B. as not interesting as C. not as interesting as D. not interesting than
3. It is very __________ for me to study with you. We should help each other with our lessons.
A. kind B. sorry C. afraid D. pleasant
4. ---Mum, could I have an MP4 like this?
---Certainly, we can buy ___________ one, but as good as this. The price of this kind is a little higher.
A. a cheap B. a cheaper C. a small D. a smaller
5. ---The food on the plate smells __________. You can’t eat it.
---Yes, I won’t
A. delicious B. badly C. bad D. well
6. ---Is Mr. Franco Hollande __________ honest and capable man?
---Yes. And that is why he was chosen ___________ president of France.
A. a; a B. an; / C. the; the D. a; /
7. Zhang Lili, __________ good teacher, is regarded as _________ most beautiful teacher at present.
A. an; a B. a; the C. /; the D. the; a
8. I think __________ can make Andy change his mind. He is such a person who never gives up easily.
A. something B. anything C. nothing D. everything
9. ---It’s said that a foreign English teacher will teach us English next term.
---Wow! _________! We can practice our oral English better.
A. What an excited news B. How excited the news is
C. What exciting news D. How exciting news
10. I had to call a taxi because the box was _________ than I’d expected.
A. heavy B. heavier C. the heavier D. the heaviest
11. She sang a song I believe I can fly in Yangzhou English Classics Reading Contest. I have never heard a _________ voice than that before.
A. good B. well C. better D. best
12. This schoolbag is not expensive. And the price of it is the __________ of the three.
A. lowest B. biggest C. highest D. smallest
13. This maths problem is ___________ that one.
A. so easy as B. as difficult as C. much difficult D. less easier than
14. I always try ___________ to others.
A. to kind B. being kind C. kind D. to be kind
15. ___________ Gina ___________ Tara are studying Chinese history and culture now. They find them rich and amazing.
A. Both; and B. Not only; but also C. Either; or D. Neither; nor
16. __________ the help of the Internet, the news can reach every corner of the world.
A. Under B. In C. To D. With
17. You’d better __________ Tom ___________ his math.
A. help; learn B. to help; learn C. help; learning D. to help; learning
18. ---Do you know what he __________ two years ago?
---Yes, he looked fat then.
A. liked B. is like C. likes D. looked like
19. Can you give me some ___________ when I am in trouble?
A. advices B. words C. ideas D. advice
20. I can’t get on well with my classmates. I don’t know ___________.
A. what to do B. how to do C. what to do it D. how do it
21. The Yellow River is ___________ river in China.
A. the two long B. the second longer C. the second longest D. two longest
22. I’m sorry. I can’t agree __________ you.
A. to B. with C. on D. for
23. The ___________ new is that we have many ___________ to ask.
A. problem; questions B. problems; question
C. question; problems D. questions; problem
24. ---Why is the traffic today moving so slowly? We are running late!
---Calm down. Let’s take ___________ route. Turn left over there.
A. a same B. the same C. a different D. the different
25. ---Would you like to have another apple?
---No, thank. I’m full. I can’t eat ___________.
A. some more B. more some C. more any D. any more
26. I’m surprised than John is only 25. I thought he was ___________, for he seems to be in his 30s.
A. old B. older C. young D. younger
27. There isn’t an airport near where I live. The _________ one is about 90 miles away.
A. busiest B. farthest C. newest D. nearest
28. Peter speaks Chinese well indeed, but of course not __________ a local speaker in China.
A. so fluently as B. more fluent than C. as fluent as D. much fluent than
29. I know this plan is far from perfect, but I just can’t think of _________ one.
A. a better B. the better C. a best D. the best
sing; shop; as popular as; solve problems; travel around the world; sing for people; make people happy; try one’s best; social worker; make friends with
1. ---Would you like _______________ when you’re free, Kitty?
---Yes, I’d love to. I’ll do it with my best friend Jill.
2. Millie enjoys singing, and she would like ________________ in the future.
3. Linda wants to be _______________ Gong Li, one of the greatest actresses in ten years.
4. ---Good morning, Helen. Shall we go _______________ together this weekend?
---I’m sorry I have no time to do it with you. I have too much homework to do this weekend.
5. I think it is great _________________. I’ll sing my favourite songs for them.
6. Millie said she could listen to people’s problems and help them _____________________.
7. We should __________________ to help people when they have problems.
8. Mike is very helpful and polite. We’d like _____________________ him.
9. The girl student would like to be ____________________ after school. She wants to help people if possible.
10. ---What does your best friend Daniel want to be in the future?
---Daniel hopes to become a ____________________ like Yu Quan.
1. He’ll look after the dog for you, because he likes to help others.
He’ll __________ __________ of the dog for you, because he _________ __________ to help others.
2. You are kind to tell us that.
It’s kind __________ __________ __________ __________ us that.
3. I don’t think he is as fast as Tom.
I think he is __________ __________ Tom.
4. He is the most careful boy in his class.
He is __________ ___________ ___________ __________ ___________ boy in his class.
5. Nobody else is as well as Lin Tao in his class.
Lin Tao is __________ _________ in his class.
You should go to the teacher when you _______________________ your lessons.
Mr. Wang will give us a talk about ___________________________.
Both Kate’s father ________________________________________.
The man ______________________________ is our English teacher.
__________ __________ ___________ try your best to help people __________ _________?
The houses on the left are __________ __________ than __________ on the right.
____________ you please tell me __________ __________ __________?