Unit 2 I used to be afraid of the dark.
1. They are talking __________ (quiet), so I can’t hear them.
2. I think Xiao Shenyang is a __________ (fun) person.
3. My father used __________ (read) newspapers after supper.
4. I didn’t use to be __________ (interest) in math, but now I like it very much.
5. I hear you were always _________ (friend) to people.
6. Her parents didn’t give up ________ (help) her.
7 The boy wasn’t interested in ________ (read) the book.
8. To ________ (she) surprise, what he did changed her life.
9. Finally, Liu Jun made a ________ (decide) to see his uncle.
10. Her __________________ (big) problem is that she can’t sleep well at night.
1. Mother used to grow flowers in her garden. (改为否定句)
Mother __________________ grow flowers in her garden.
2. Martin used to play soccer when he was in middle school. (改为一般疑问句)
__________________ play soccer when he was in middle school?
3. Did he use to eat breakfast at home? (作否定回答) __________________
4. The little girl often went to concerts in the past. (改为同义句)
The little girl ________ _____ _____ to concerts.
5. She didn’t use to eat breakfast, ________________? (改为反意疑问句)
1. Laura _____________________ (过去常常浪费) a lot of paper when she did her homework.
__(对……多加注意)the difference between the two words.
3. He used to _____________________ (对……感到自豪) his success.
4. ______________________ (即使你憎恨) to do it, you have to do it.
5. After many years of hard work, Toby made a success ________________ (终于).
6. My hometown has built many tall buildings ________________________(在过去的五年里).
7. Her father ______ _____ _______ _______ ).
8. 课堂上不要与任何人聊天。 anyone in class.
9. His parents can`t 负担不起) his education.
四、用die, dead, death或dying填空。
1. I’m very sorry to hear about your grandfather’s __
4. He _______ 2 years ago
( ) 1. When I was a child, I used to ___________ strawberry.
A. liking B. like C. liked D. likes
( ) 2. It _________ that Yu Mei has changed a lot.
A. seem B. seems C. look D seemed
( ) 3. He is afraid of ___________ strangers. A. see B. seeing C. saw D. seen
( ) 4. I don’t like going out. I’m very _______.
A. funny B. quiet C. quite D. active
( ) 5. ___________ study in No.4 Middle School?
A. Did you used to B. Did you use to C. Do you used to D. Do you use to
( ) 6. Don’t ___________ about things so much. It will make you stressed out.
A. afraid B. terrify C. terrified D. worry
( ) 7. I often _________ an hour in the morning reading English.
A. take B. spend C. cost D. pay
( ) 8. Time lost will never return ___________.
A. no more B. some more C. any more D. no longer
( ) 9.My father often __________ me to the concert on Sunday nights.
A. brings B. carries C. gets D. takes
( ) 10. My life has changed a lot during the ____________ years.
A. past a few B. past few C. a few past D. few past
( ) 11. --Why are you so tired these days? --Well, I have _________ work to do.
A. so much B. so many C. so few D. so little
( ) 12. –How long do you _________ on your homework? –About two hours.
A. pay B. spend C. take D. cost
( ) 13. –Do you often see her? –No, she lives in Spain, so I _________ see her.
A. often B. hardly C. always D. ever
( ) 14.—Why do you look unhappy? --Well, my mother is on business in Beijing.
I _____her. A. leave B. think C. see D. miss
( ) 15. My sister likes music. My father used to take her to the _______.
A. museum B. amusement park C. concerts D. hospital
( ) 16.—What are you ________ in? --That __________ story.
A. interesting, interesting B. interested, interesting
C. interested, interested D. interesting, interested
( ) 17. _______ took me seven days to finish the work.
A. That B. This C. It D. The
( ) 18. Mrs. Wang was so ________ that she couldn’t stop _________.
A. excited; cry B. excited; crying C. exciting; crying D. exciting; to cry
( ) 19. The old man is ________, but he doesn’t feel ____________.
A. lonely; alone B. lonely; lonely C. alone; lonely D. alone; alone
( A. died B. dead C. death D. dying