Who is your best friend? Tell us
the same things and differences between you and your friend? Should friends be different or the same? Why or why not?
Read in groups, the group who reads best is the winner.
Are the following statements true or false?
1. Jeff is less serious than most kids. F 2. Jeff and Yuan Li are both quiet. T 3. Jeff thinks it is easy for him to make friends. F 4. Huang Lei is taller than Larry. F 5. Huang Lei isn’t as good at tennis as Larry. T
6. Larry works harder than Huang Lei. F 7. Mary thinks her friends should be the F 8. Carol broke her arm last year and Mary made her feel better. T same as her.
How do you and your friends 2d compare with the people in the article? Write five sentences. I’m different from Jeff because I’m louder than the other kids in my class. My best friend is similar to Larry because she’s less hard-working than me. A + be different from B because A + be similar to B because
1. I’m similar to Jeff because I like reading books and works harder in class. 2. My friend is similar to Carol because she always makes me laugh.
3. I’m different from Huang Lei because
I think my best friends should be the
same as me.
4. My friend is similar to Yuan Li
because she is quiet and like
5. I’m similar to Carol because I’m funnier than any other kids and I
make my friends laugh.
Which saying about friends is your 2e favorite? Which friend do you think about when you read this saying? Why? Tell your partner about it.
1. A good friend is like a mirror.
2. Friends are like books – you don’t
need a lot of them as long as they’re good. 3. My best friend helps to bring out the best in me. 4. A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
My favorite saying is “A true friend
reaches for your hand and touches
your heart.” It makes me think about my best friend, Wu Zhou. He helps me with my English for three years. I was bad in English three years ago. But now I’m interested in it with his help.
1. serious adj. 严肃的；稳重的 比较级形式为more serious。 e.g. Mr. Bai is more serious than Mr. Zhao. 白先生比赵先生更严肃。 2. necessary adj. 必需的；必要的 It’s (not) necessary to do sth.
e.g. It’s necessary to brush your teeth every day. 每天刷牙是有必要的。
3. both adj. & pron. 两个；两个都 both 为“两个都”；all 指三者或三 者以上都。 e.g. They both like computer games. 他们两个都喜欢电脑游戏。 They are all having lunch in the dinning room now. 他们现在都在餐厅吃午饭。
4. touch v. 感动；触摸
touch one’s heart 触动某人的心弦 e.g. I love this song. It can touch my heart. 我喜欢这首歌，它能触动我的心弦。 Don’t touch the food with dirty hands. 不要用脏手动食物。
5. talented adj. 有才能的；有才干的
e.g. My best friend is talented in music.
我的好朋友很有音乐才能。 6. care about 关心；在意
；担忧 e.g. He doesn’t care about his clothes. 他不在乎他的衣着。
7. truly adv. 真正；确实（修饰动词） e.g. We truly saw the UFO that day. 那天我们确实看到过不明飞行物。 true adj. 真正的 e.g. A true friend should tell the truth. 真正的朋友应当说真话。 come true 实现；成为现实 e.g. I think their dream can come true some day. 我相信他们的梦想会成为现实。
Translate these saying into Chinese. 1. A good friend is like a mirror.
好朋友就像一面镜子。 2. Friends are like books – you don’t need a lot of them as long as they’re good. 好朋友像书籍—只要他们优良，无需太 多。
3. My best friend helps to bring out the best in me.
挥出来。 4. A true friend reaches for your
hand and touches your heart. 真正的朋友会握你的手，打动你
1. Read the passages after class. 2. Make sentences with the phrase below: as long as; be different from; bring out;
be similar to; in fact; make sb. do …;
It’s (not) necessary to do …