1. 一般在词尾 + er 2. 以不发音的字母 e 结尾的 + r 3. 重读闭音节词词尾只有一个辅音 字母时，先双写辅音字母再 + er 4. 以辅音字母 + y 结尾的单词，变 y 为 i + er
5. 多音节词和部分双音节词前加 more
Gong Hanlin is _______ _____ Liu Huan. thinner than Liu Huan sings ______ _____ Gong Hanlin. better than
Gao Yuanyuan is as ________ (漂亮) beautiful as Sun Li. Sun Li works as _____ (努力) as Gao hard Yuanyuan.
1. A + be + 形容词比较级 + than + B
e.g. I’m more outgoing than you. 我比你更外向。 2. A + 实义动词 + 副词比较级 + than + B e.g. Tom jumps higher than Jack. 汤姆比鲍勃跳得更高。
两者进行比较,表示“一方与另一方 一样??” 1. A + be + as 形容词原形 + as + B
e.g. Jack is as funny as Mike.
杰克与迈克一样滑稽。 2. A + 实义动词 + as 副词原形 + as + B e.g. Claire gets up as early as Sue.
Complete the sentences according to the text.
1. 汤姆比萨姆更聪明吗？ Is Tom _______ ____ Sam? smarter than 2. 不是。萨姆比汤姆更聪明。 No, he isn’t. Sam is _______ _____ Tom. smarter than 3. 塔拉比蒂娜更外向吗？ Is Tara _____ ________ _____ Tina? more outgoing than
4. 不是。蒂娜比塔拉更外向。 more outgoing No, she isn’t. Tina is ______ ________
than _____ Tara.
5. 你和你姐姐一样友善吗？ ____ you ___ friendly ___ your sister? as as Are 6. 不是。我更友善一些。
No, I’m not. I’m _________. friendlier
Does Tara work ___ _____ ___ Tina? as hard as 8. 谁在学校里更努力一些？ Who’s _____ _____________ at school? more hard-working 9. 蒂娜认为她学习比我更努力。 Tina thinks she works _____ than me. _____ hard
Use the words to write 3a questions and answers. 1. Julie / tall / you
Q: Is Julie as tall as you? A: No, she isn’t. She’s _____ than me. taller
2. Jack / run / fast / Sam Q: ____________________________ Does Jack run as fast as Sam? A: No, he doesn’t. He runs _____ than faster Sam.
3. your cousin / outgoing / you Is your cousin as outgoing as you? Q: _______________________________ more outgoing A: No, she isn’t. She is ______________ than me. 4. Paul / funny / Carol Q: _______________________ Is Paul as funny as Carol? A: No, he isn’t. He is _________ than funnier Carol.
Think of yourself two years ago. Write about how you are different now.
I was 70 cm two years ago. I’m 130 cm now. 1. Are you taller?
Yes, I am. I’m taller now
than I was two years ago.
2. Are you funnier? Yes, I am. I’m funnier than I was
two years ago. 3. Are you more outgoing?
Yes, I am. I’m more outgoing
than I was two years ago.
4. Do you study English harder? Yes, I do. I study English harder than I was two years ago. 5. Do you sing b
etter? Yes, I do. I sing better than I was two years ago.
Compare your parents. Check (√) 3c who is smarter, funnier, etc. in the chart. Then ask your partner about his /her parents. A: Who is smarter, your mother or your father? B: I think my mother is smarter than my father.
Mother smart funny work hard
friendly sing well
Fill in the blanks.
1. My hair is ______ (long) than my longer
2. I am _____ (tall) than you. taller
3. She is _____ ________ (outgoing) more outgoing
4. Lily is _______ (heavy) than Lucy. heavier
And Lucy is _______ (thin) than Lily. thinner
5. I have _______ (short) hair than Tina. shorter
6. Tom is more ____________ (hard_____ hard-working
working) than Tim.
Say something about your past and now.
I was shorter and more outgoing … But now, I am taller and …