与两年前的自我进行比较。 1. Are you more outgoing now? Yes. I’m more outgoing than I was
two years ago.
2. Are you friendlier?
3. Do you study English harder?
Talk about your parents. 1. Who is funnier, your mom or your dad? My mom is funnier than my dad. 2. Who works harder? 3. Who sings better? 4. Who is more outgoing? 5. Who drives better?
I have a good friend. He is really outgoing. I have a good friend. She’s cute and smart. My good friend works very hard. My good friend is good at music.
What kind of things are important in 1a a friend? Rank the things below [1-7] (1 is the most important.)
a. has cool clothes. b. is talented in music. A good c. likes to do the same things as me. d. is good at sports. friend e. truly cares about me. … f. make me laugh. g. is a good listener.
Talk about what you think a good friend 1b should be like. A: I think a good friend makes me laugh. B: For me, a good friend likes to do the same things as me. C: Yes, and a good friend is talented in music, too. D: That’s not important for me …
What do Molly and Mary like 1c about their best friends? Fill in the first column of the chart.
Like about their best friends Molly Peter likes to do the same things.
Mary Lisa is a good listener.
Listen again. How are Molly and 1d Mary the same as and different from their best friends? Complete the rest of the chart in 1c.
The same as their best friends
Molly They are both pretty outgoing. They’re both tall.
Mary They are both have long, curly hair.
Different from their best friends Molly studies harder.
Molly is a little quieter. Molly Peter plays baseball better. Peter speaks more.
Lisa is quieter.
Mary Lisa is smarter. Mary is more outgoing.
Talk about Molly and Mary
and their best friends.
A: Molly studies harder than her B: Well, Mary and her best friend are both tall.
Read the passages quickly and 2b match the person with the right ideas. Friends are like books —you don’t need a lot of them. Huang Lei A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart. Mary Smith It’s not necessary to be the same. My best friend is quite different from me. Jeff Green
Read the passage carefully and find the differences and similarities between friends.
differences: I’m quieter and more serious than most kids. He is taller and more outgoing than me. He plays tennis better. Larry is much less hard-working. So I always get better grades than he does.
She’s funnier than anyone I know.
Similarities: My best friend Yuan Li is quiet, too. We both like sports.
We can talk about and share everything.
Are the following statements true or false?
1. Jeff is less serious than most kids. F 2. Jeff and Yuan Li are both quiet. T 3. Jeff thinks it is easy for him to make friends. F 4. Huang Lei is taller than Larry. F 5. Huang Lei isn’t as good at tennis as Larry. T
6. Larry wor
ks harder than Huang Lei. F 7. Mary thinks her friends should be the F 8. Carol broke her arm last year and Mary made her feel better. T same as her.
How do you and your friends 2d compare with the people in the article? Write five sentences. I’m different from Jeff because I’m louder than the other kids in my class. My best friend is similar to Larry because she’s less hard-working than me. A + be different from B because A + be similar to B because
1. I’m similar to Jeff because I like reading books and works harder in class. 2. My friend is similar to Carol because she always makes me laugh.
3. I’m different from Huang Lei because
I think my best friends should be the
same as me.
4. My friend is similar to Yuan Li
because she is quiet and like
5. I’m similar to Carol because I’m funnier than any other kids and I
make my friends laugh.
Which saying about friends is your 2e favorite? Which friend do you think about when you read this saying? Why? Tell your partner about it.
1. A good friend is like a mirror.
2. Friends are like books – you don’t
need a lot of them as long as they’re good. 3. My best friend helps to bring out the best in me. 4. A true friend reaches for your hand and touches your heart.
My favorite saying is ―A true friend
reaches for your hand and touches
your heart.‖ It makes me think about my best friend, Wu Zhou. He helps me with my English for three years. I was bad in English three years ago. But now I’m interested in it with his help.
1. serious adj. 严肃的；稳重的 比较级形式为more serious。
e.g. Mr. Bai is more serious than
2. necessary adj. 必需的；必要的 It’s (not) necessary to do sth.
e.g. It’s necessary to brush your teeth
every day. 每天刷牙是有必要的。
3. both adj. & pron. 两个；两个都 both 为“两个都”；all 指三者或三 者以上都。 e.g. They both like computer games. 他们两个都喜欢电脑游戏。 They are all having lunch in the dinning room now. 他们现在都在餐厅吃午饭。
4. touch v. 感动；触摸
touch one’s heart 触动某人的心弦 e.g. I love this song. It can touch my heart. 我喜欢这首歌，它能触动我的心弦。 Don’t touch the food with dirty hands. 不要用脏手动食物。
5. talented adj. 有才能的；有才干的
e.g. My best friend is talented in music.
我的好朋友很有音乐才能。 6. care about 关心；在意；担忧 e.g. He doesn’t care about his clothes. 他不在乎他的衣着。
7. truly adv. 真正；确实（修饰动词） e.g. We truly saw the UFO that day. 那天我们确实看到过不明飞行物。 true adj. 真正的 e.g. A true friend should tell the truth. 真正的朋友应当说真话。 come true 实现；成为现实 e.g. I think their dream can come true some day. 我相信他们的梦想会成为现实。
Translate these saying into Chinese. 1. A good friend is
like a mirror.
好朋友就像一面镜子。 2. Friends are like books – you don’t need a lot of them as long as they’re good. 好朋友像书籍—只要他们优良，无需太 多。
3. My best friend helps to bring out the best in me.
挥出来。 4. A true friend reaches for your
hand and touches your heart. 真正的朋友会握你的手，打动你
1. Read the passages after class. 2. Make sentences with the phrase below: as long as; be different from; bring out;
be similar to; in fact; make sb. do …;
It’s (not) necessary to do …