Screen City is cheap. Movie World
Red star Cinema
￥10 is the cheapest.
Red star Cinema has a big screen.
Movie World has a bigger screen. Screen City has the biggest screen.
Red Star Cinema
has comfortable seats. Movie World has more comfortable seats. Screen City has the most comfortable seats.
How do you choose which movie theater to go to? Write the things in the box. Important Not important comfortable seats big screens best sound new movies close to home cheap popular 跳转11 buy tickets quickly
1. comfortable adj. 使人舒服的；舒适的
多音节形容词，其比较级及最高级形式 在词前加more，most构成。 e.g. The sofa is more comfortable than that chair. 这张沙发比那把椅子更舒适。
2. close adj. （在空间、时间上）接近
e.g. The park is very close to my house. 公园离我家很近。
拓展： close v. 关闭
e.g. Please close the door.
Listen and match the statements 1b with the movie theaters.
Qualities It has the biggest screens.
It’s the most popular near here.
It’s the closest to home. It has the shortest waiting time. It has the best sounds. It has the most comfortable
Movie theaters Movie World Screen City Town Cinema Town Cinema Screen City Movie World
Practice the conversation. Then 1c talk about the movie theaters you know. Sun Cinema. It’s the cheapest. What’s the best movie theater?
But I think Moon Theater has the most comfortable seats.
Listen to a reporter interviewing a boy. Circle the boy’s answers.
Green City Survey 1. Which is the best clothes store? a. Miller’s b. Blue Moon c. Dream Clothes 2. Which is the best radio station? a. 970 AM b. 97.9 FM c. 107.9 FM
2b Listen again. Write the correct
store or radio station next to each statement. Miller’s Blue Moon Dream Clothes Blue Moon ____________ It’s the most expensive. ____________ It has the best clothes. Miller’s ____________ It’s the worst store. Dream Miller’s ____________ You can buy clothes the most cheaply there.
3. worst adj. / adv. （bad和badly的最高级）
My bike is worse than Mike’s. (形容词)
我的自行车比迈克的质量差。 Linda sings worst of the three girls. (副词) 三个女孩中，琳达唱得最差。
4. cheaply adv. 便宜地 carefully adv. 细致地；小心地；谨慎地 comfortably adv. 舒服地；舒适地 构成词： 形容词 + ly → 副词 e.g. You can buy skirts cheaply in this clothes store. 在这家服装店里你可以 很便宜地买到短裙。 Alice chooses clothes most carefully. 艾丽丝选择衣服最细心。
5. so far 到目前为止 e.g. How do you like your new house so far? 到目前为止，你觉得你的新房子怎么 6. fresh adj. 新鲜的；清新的 样？
e.g. The vegetables are really fresh. I’d
like to buy some. 这些蔬菜真新鲜，我想买些。
_________ It has the worst music. 970 AM
97.9 FM _________ They play the most boring songs. 107.9 FM _________ The DJs choose songs the most carefully.
_________ It’s the most popular. 97.9 FM
Student A, you are the reporter. Student B, you are the student. Role-play a conversation. Hello! I’m a reporter. Can I ask you some questions?
What’s the best clothes store in town?
I think Miller’s is the best.
Why do you think so?
Well, Miller’s has …
Read the conversation and find 2d the answers to the questions.
1. What is the newest cinema? ________________________ Sun Cinema. 2. How does Helen like it? __________________________________ It’s the most comfortable because they __________________________________ have the biggest seats.
Role-play the conversation.
Hi, I’m Helen. Welcome to the neighborhood! How do you like it so far? …
Hi, I’m Greg. I’m new in town.
I’m new in town. 我新来此处。 in town 是一个短语，表示“在说话人 所在或所指的城镇”的意思。作这一 用法时，town不与冠词连用。 e.g. What’s the best clothes store in town? 这城里最好的服装店是哪家？
1. Which do you think is the ______ (bad) worst food store in town? 2. Who sings ______ (good) in your class. best 3. Jane writes _____________ (carefully) in most carefully your class.
4. Which store has the ________ (fresh) freshest
fruit in town?
写六个句子来说一下你们班的“最??”。 In my class, Lin Tao is the tallest. 1. In my class, ….