1. What are they talking about?
2. What club has Frank decided to join ?
3．What are the speakers talking about?
4. Who are they talking about?
5. Which is Bill’s favourite book?
6. Where are the man and the woman?
A. By the sea. B. In a supermarket.
7. What will probably happen after the talk?
A. They will have a swim.
第 1 页 共 8 页
C. C. In a park.
B. They are going to do different things.
C. They will go for a walk on the beach together.
8. How does the girl feel before climbing the mountain?
A. Excited. B. Worried. C. Tired.
9. The man asks the girl to get ready for the climbing. It includes(包括) ______.
A. taking more exercise B. having enough sleep C. eating well
10. Perhaps the girl will climb the mountain ______.
A. by herself B. with her friends C. with her family
12. A. July 6, 1983 B. June 6, 1984 C. June 6, 1983
13. A. about 1.70 metres B. about 1.60 metres C. about 1.80 metres
14. A. funny B. boring C. interesting
15. A. editor B. printer C. farmer
16. — ______, everyone! I have something important to tell you.
A. Listen to B. Look up C. Look out D. Listen up
17. —What is the ______ of the 2010 London Olympic Games?
—See the world, visit London.
A. literature B. article C. language D. theme
18. Mencius(孟子) is another great ancient ______ in China.
A. poet B. player C. thinker D. artist
19. — Does Bai Yansong’s new book sell well?
— Yes. It has received many good ______.
A. reviews B. views C. events D. interviews
20. — Don’t worry. You ______ plenty of time to decide. — Thanks a lot.
A. will give B. have given C. are giving D. will be given
21. — Which team will the Chinese football team play ______?
— The Korean team.
A. in B. on C. against D. at
22. Expo of Shanghai ______ Exposition of Shanghai.
第 2 页 共 8 页
A. looks for B. stands for C. makes D. spells
23. The earthquake in Sichuan destroyed many schools. But the government there
has helped to ______ many new ones so far.
A. take up B. set up C. give up D. get up
24. His words ______ so I went outside at once without a word.
A. gets to me B. got to me C. got to him D. gets to him
25. Look! The trees are growing well. When ______?
A. were they planted B. do they plant
C. will they be planted D. are they planted
26. You should not put the glass the table. It may fall down and break!
A. on the edge of B. in the middle of
C. at the bottom of D. on the top of
27. — Have you ever read Triple Door (《三重门》)?
— Of course. It’s one of Han Han’s most famous ______.
A. work B. job C. works D. jobs
28. — Xu Beihong is known ______ a great Chinese painter.
— Yeah. He is famous ______ his horse paintings.
A. for; to B. to; for C. as; for D. for; as
29. —I want to be a doctor and work in Africa. Doctors _____ greatly there, I think.
A. need B. are needed C. are needing D. will need
30. ______ Miss Wang can remember, she hasn’t met the girl before.
A. As well as B. As long as C. As good as D. As far as
Today I would like to introduce a good book. Its
is Charlotte’s Web.
The book tells the story of a named Wilbur and a
spider (蜘蛛) named Charlotte. The story begins when 8-year-old
Fern hears that her father is going to one of the baby pigs.
Fern asks her father the baby pig live. He and
gives it to Fern a pet. Fern names it Wilbur.
Wilbur lives with Fern a few weeks and then to her uncle. Fern him at her uncle’s farm as as she can, her visits decrease (减少) as she grows older, and Wilbur gets lonelier day after day. One night a(n) voice tells him that she is going to be his friend. The next day, he wakes up and meets his new Charlotte, a wise and loving spider.
When Wilbur is told that he is going to be killed and eaten at Christmas, he asks Charlotte for . Charlotte thinks up a good idea.
Charlotte’s Web has you like in it. It has friendship, love and caring. It
第 3 页 共 8 页
is funny, serious, and sad. I’m sure you will love it.
31. A. name B. hero C. writer D. editor
32. A. girl B. boy C. pig D. cat
33. A. kill B. clean C. feed D. grow
34. A. to give B. to take C. to let D. to bring
35. A. believes B. agrees C. remembers D. forgets
36. A. with B. as C. about D. on
37. A. in B. after C. for D. until
38. A. is sold B. sells C. buys D. is bought
39. A. waits B. travels C. looks D. visits
40. A. late B. often C. soon D. early
41. A. if B. or C. so D. but
42. A. cold B. warm C. angry D. worried
43. A. teacher B. father C. mother D. friend
44. A. help B. money C. food D. fun
45. A. somebody B. everything C. nobody D. nothing
第 4 页 共 8 页
tour of ______.
A. Golden-01 B. Golden-05 C. Golden-02 D. Golden-04
47. If your friend wants to spend the least money, he’d better choose the tour of
A. Golden-01 B. Golden-02 C. Golden-03 D. Golden-04
Last year I worked in Nepal (尼泊尔) for three months. When the hospital let me have a few days off, I decided to go into the jungle. I asked a Nepalese guide, Kamal Rai, to go with me.
We started our trip at six in the morning with two elephants carrying our things. It was hot, but Kamal made me wear shoes and trousers to protect me from snakes. In the jungle there was a lot of wildlife, but we were trying to find tigers. We climbed onto the elephants’ backs to see better. However, it is unusual to find tigers in the afternoon because they sleep in the daytime.
Then, in the distance, we saw a tiger, and Kamal told me to be very quiet. We moved nearer and found a dead deer. This was the tiger’s lunch! Suddenly, I started to feel very frightened （恐惧的）.
Then the tiger jumped out suddenly, about five hundred kilos and four metres long. It grabbed Kamal’s leg between its teeth, but I managed to pull Kamal away. One of our elephants ran at the tiger and made it go back into the grass, so we quickly ran away to let the tiger eat its lunch. That night it was impossible to sleep!
48. The writer is most probably a(n) _____. A. actor B. reporter C. teacher D. doctor
49. Why did the writer and the guide climb onto the elephants’ backs?
A. Because they felt very tired.
B. Because they wanted to see more clearly.
C. Because it was faster to travel on elephants.
D. Because there were many snakes in the jungle.
50. Where may the passage come from?
A. A guidebook. B. A grammar book. C. A blog (博客). D. A dictionary.
Jeff Keith has only one leg. When he was 12 years old, Jeff had cancer(癌症).
第 5 页 共 8 页
Doctors had to cut off most of his right leg.
Every day, Jeff puts on an artificial leg(假腿). With the plastic artificial leg, Jeff can ride a bicycle, swim, and play soccer. He can also run. Jeff made a plan with his friends. His friends have plastic artificial legs, too. They decided to run across America. When he was 22 years old, Jeff Keith ran across the United States from the east to the west. He started running in Boston. Seven months later, he stopped running in Los Angeles. He ran 3,200 miles. Jeff stopped in cities on the way to Los Angeles. In every city people gave Jeff money. The money was not for Jeff, but for the American Cancer Society. (律师). Jeff says,“People can do anything they want to do. I want people to know that. I ran not only for disabled people. I ran for everybody.”
51. Jeff’s right leg was cut off because he had_______.
A. TB（肺结核） B. a fever C. cancer D. a serious cold
52. From the passage we know that Boston is _______.
A. in the west B. half between the east and west
C. near Los Angeles D. in the east
53. It took Jeff _______ to run from Boston to Los Angeles.
A. about four and a half months B. over two hundred days
C. almost twenty weeks D. less than half a year
54. The underlined word “disabled” means _______.
A. 优秀的 B. 劳累的 C. 残疾的 D. 无能为力的
55. The last paragraph(段落) tells us that _______.
A. people should give Jeff more money
B. people can do anything they want to do
C. some disabled men will become lawyers
D. disabled people also can run
Today we tell about Louisa May Alcott. She wrote .
In 1868, an American publisher asked Louisa May Alcott to write a book for girls. At first, she was not sure if she wanted to do it. She said she didn’t like girls.
However, she decided to write the book finally. She told about her experiences growing up in the northeast of the United States. The book was quite interesting. Little Women became one of the most popular children’s books in American literature. It was published in more than 50 languages.
Alcott was born in Pennsylvania in 1832. The Alcotts did not have much money. She tried teaching, sewing(缝纫) and taking care of children. She did not like any of these jobs.
第 6 页 共 8 页
At the age of 16, she wrote her first book, Flower Fables. Her stories were exciting, but unreal. She sold them to newspapers and magazines for money.
The first volume (卷) of Little Women came out in 1868. It made Alcott famous and get a lot of money. She continued writing other popular books for young people. These books included An Old-Fashioned Girl, Little Men and Eight Cousins.
Alcott wrote many exciting stories about love. But she was single (独身的) all her life. She continued to help her family during the last years of her life.
56. Alcott grew up in the ______ of the US.
A. southeast B. northwest C. northeast D. southwest
57. “One of America’s best loved children’s books” refers to (指的是) the book____.
A. Little Women B. Flower Fables
C. An Old-Fashioned Girl D. Eight Cousins
58. The first paragraph tells us that the article is about ______.
A. a famous children’s book B. a famous writer
C. how a book came out D. why a book is so loved
59. Alcott wrote her first book in ______.
A. 1832 B. 1848 C. 1850 D. 1868
60. From the article, we can learn ______.
A. Alcott was born into a rich family B. Alcott had a happy childhood
C. Alcott didn’t live with her family D. Alcott never married all her life
61. The ________ (地面) was quite wet after the rain.
62. From the top of the Yuhuang Mountain, we can see the West Lake ________
63. She sent an email to the company last week, but they haven’t ______ (答复) to it.
64. A girl called Xiang Weiyi was found ________ (活着的) in the wreckage(残骸) of
65. The aging（老龄化）of population in China has become a serious ______(社会的)
66. It is polite to ________ (尊重) everyone around us.
67. No one wants to lose their ________ (自由). (距离) for a car.
69. Alaska is the largest ________ (州) in America.
70. Five school ________ (最高记录) were broken at the school sports meeting.
71. Could you give me some advice on how to get good ________ (grade) ?
72. Dinosaurs (恐龙) ________ (disappear) from the Earth around 65 million years
第 7 页 共 8 页
73. It is said that Osama Bin Laden has been ________ (die) for five months.
74. The room seems to become much ________ (light) than just now after the rain.
75. China won fifty-one gold ________ (medal) in 2008 Olympic Games.
76. Our school doesn’t allow smoking in the offices.（改为被动语态）
Smoking ______ ________in the offices by our school.
77. We lost the basketball match last week. (改为同义句)
We were ________ in the basketball match last week.
78. We’ll build another bridge over the Yellow River.（改为被动语态）
Another bridge will ______ __________ over the Yellow River.
第 8 页 共 8 页