1. John is ________(tall) than Sam. 3. The man took off his shoes and put them under his bed very _______(quiet). 4. Ann felt very _______ (happy) at her birthday party. 5. Which is _______ (far) from us, the sun or the moon? 6. She looks _________ (thin) than me. 7. It snowed ________ (heavy) last night and now the streets are covered with snow.
9.“The sooner, the ________ (good)”, the teacher said.
11.We don’t think their classroom is ______(干净) than ours.
12.Mary walks as _______ (慢) as Lily does.
13.Who’s _______(好) than you at English in your class?
14.The teacher asked us to take a _____ (仔细) look at everything in the
16.Which is the _________ (beautiful) skirt of the three?
17.The sick man is getting ________ (ill).
18.The meat smells _______(坏). Please take it away.
19.The wind is blowing _________ (strong).
20.Who’s ________(高), Lucy or Lily?
21.She didn’t do her homework _________(仔细).
22.Your bag is much _________ (轻) than mine.
23.How _______ (大) the rain is!
1. My ____ sister is two years _____ than I.
A. older; older B. elder; elder C. older; elder D. elder; older
2. Can you do your work with _____ money and _____ people?
A. less; few B. less; fewer C. little; less D. few; less
3. I didn’t know which was _____, so I took them both.
A. good B. better C. best D. the best
4. There was _____ house in front of the hill.
A. a wooden old fine B. an old wooden fine
C. a fine old wooden D. an old fine wooden
5. The population of Beijing is larger than _____ Shengzhen.
A. / B. the one in C. that of D. those of
6. What an _____ story! I’m _____ in it. A. interested; interesting B. interesting; interested C. interested; interested D. interesting; interesting 7. The jacket is _____ nice, but it’s _____ more expensive than that one. A. much; much B. very; very C. much; very D. very; much 8.After turning .She is too tired to walk ______. A. farther B. further C. farthest D. furthest 9.–Do you think the chicken tastes ______?-She cooked it _____, I think. A. good; good B. well; well C. well; good D. good; well 10.Li Lei is running _____ now. A. more and more slowly B. slowier and slowier C. slowly and slowly D. more slowly and more slowly 11.Lin Tao speaks English very well, and ______. A. so does his friend B. his friend does so C. so did his friend D. so he did 12.He worked _____ quietly _____ no one knew he was there. A. so; as B. so; that C. very; that D. too; to 13.You must be more ______, Jim. Look, you didn’t write _____. A carefully; careful B. careful; carefully C. careful; careful D. carefully; carefully 13.The twins are together most of the time. So they never feel ______. A. lonely B. alone C. happily D. friendly 14.New York is _____ in the United States. A. larger than any city B. larger than any other city C. bigger than any cities D. biggest of all the cities 15.This street is much ______ than that one. A. straight B. straighter C. straightest D. more straighter 17.Would you please say it _____? I still can’t follow you. A. more slow B. much slow C. more slowly D. much slowly 19.–How was the weather yesterday? -It was terrible. It rained _____. People could _____ go out. A. hardly; hardly B. hardly; hard C. hard; hard D. hard; hardly 20.He hurt her so _____ that she cried. A. bad B. badly C. hardly D. worse 2