Get Ready for Turkey !
Do you love fall and why ? Yes. Because the weather is cool and there are some important festivals in autumn .
The dessert is delicious.
Read carefully and answer the questions:
1. What will Jenny and Brian have for dessert? 2. How is the turkey?
3. Who makes the best pie?
4. Who misses his mother and father? 5. Who does Brian want to meet? 6. Where is Brian now? 7. Where is his home?
Think about it!
1. Have you ever eaten turkey or pie? 2. Who comes to celebrate festivals with your family? 3. How does Brian feel this Thanksgiving? Why?
Make a guess.
1. get ready for … 2. It is three days before Thanksgiving. Ten years is not a short time. 3. have … for breakfast (lunch, supper/dinner, dessert)
4. be away from … He is away from home. be … away from …
Beihai is about 200 kilometres away from Nanning.
Ⅰ. 根据首字母提示完成短文。 It is three days before Thanksgiving .Jenny and Brian alking are t________ a______ the holiday. Jenny’s family will bout have a Thanksgiving d______. Her grandma has bought a inner uge h____ t______. And they will have p____ for dessert .Her urkey ie grandma can make t_____ b____ pie. Jenny’s aunts, est he uncles and cousins will be there ! Brian is in Canada now. rom He is a_____ f_____ home .So he m_____ his family very way isses much !
Ⅱ. 用所给词的适当形式填空 bought 1.Grandma________(buy) a turkey yesterday. to see 2.I want ________(see) my aunt. 3.They ____________(talk) about the holiday now. are talking happy 4.This lesson made me very ________(happy). cry 5.The bad news made the boy _____(cry).
6.The workers are made ________(work) all day and all to work
Write a passage !
1:Whom (谁)will you give thanks to ?
2:What do you want to say to them ? Today is Thanksgiving , I am away from home. I am in school now. I will give thanks to_____________. Because________________________________________.
I want to say to them ____________________________.
Happy Thanksgiving !
Play a game : Talk about your family
Do you have a happy family? Who are your family members? What do they do?
? ? ?
Draw your family tree.
Do you love them?
You can do it like this : I have a happy family. There are five members in my family. They are… My father is a … My mother is a…
1.Talk about Thanksgiving!
2.Do the exercises in your workbook.
Facts speak plainer than words. 事实胜于雄辩。