What would do if…?
3. 把它捐给医疗研究 4. 太….而不能 5. 穿衬衣打领带 6. 其他每个人
give it to charity put it in the bank give it to medical research too ….to.. wear a shirt and tie everyone else get pimples get nervous look terrible help with this problem
1. 如果你有很多钱你会做什么？我会捐给慈善机构。 What would you do if you had a lot of money? I’d give it to charity. 2. 如果你有一百万美元你会做什么？我会放弃工作。 What would you do if you had a million dollars? I’d give up working. 3. 如果我有三百万美元，我会为家人买一栋大房子。 If I had three million dollars, I’d buy a big house for my family. 4. 如果我有很多钱，我会把它存入银行。 If I had a lot of money, I’d put it in the bank.
5. 如果我有一架飞机，我会环球旅行。 If I had a plane, I’d travel around the world.
If I were you, I’d wear a shirt and tie. 2. 如果我是你，我会带一个小礼物。
If I were you, I’d take a small present. 3. 如果我是你，我会晚一点。 If I were you, I’d be a little late. 4. 如果我是你，我会在睡觉之前多散会儿步。 If I were you, I’d take a long walk before going to bed. 5. 如果我是你，我会和某个看起来友好的人说话。 If I were you, I’d talk to someone who looks friendly. 6. 如果其他人都带了礼物该怎么办？
What if everyone else brings a present? 7. 如果我不认识任何人怎么办？
What if I don’t know anyone?
What would you do if you saw a car accident? If I saw a traffic accident, I would …
知道,听说 Brainstorming: Q: What kind of accidents do you know of?
traffic accidents; working accidents;
sports accidents; medical accidents;
small daily accidents……
cut her finger by accident
injure his knee
Q: What would you do if you had accidents or problems?
Using What You Know You know more than you think! When you are faced with a task or a situation, use what you already know to help you learn more or to deal with the problem.
If I were you, I’d have a first-aid book on a nearby shelf in your home.
1. Fast reading : Who wrote the book? When did it come out? What advice did it give us?
Reading Tasks What would you do if...? 请根据课本第32-33页的短文完成下列表 格, 每空词数不限。
Accidents Cut yourself by accident.
What to do cover the cut with (1) a clean cloth ___________ and press it deep hard. If it’s a (2)_____ cut, you should see a doctor.
(3)__________________ get the medical help first and then make her comfortable and stay with her.
burned First ________how bad it is. find out yourself Then put the burned are
a __________under by accident. (4) __________________. cold running water
injured your If you feel some pain, you knee while should (5)______________ .And stop exercising running. if it hurt for more than a few days, you should _________. see a doctor
A friend offers you cigarettes
What to do
You should (6)______ and refuse talk to your friend about the (7) _______ of dangers smoking. hide You must (8)_____ medicine from children. And you should tell them to ask their parents ____________________.
Children often think medicine is candy and eat it.
An “internet Tell your parents, friend” wants to agree to meet in a public place meet you. (9)_______________ and you shouldn’t go alone. You get pimples when you are nervous. You should drink (10) ___________ and ask lots of water your doctor for advice.
3. Careful reading: Find the difficult points.
偶然 深的切口 用…覆盖 摔下楼梯 急忙做…
a deep cut
cover … with …
fall downstairs hurry to do sth
injure one’s knee
offer sb. sth. =offer sth. to sb.
the dangers of smoking
deal with have a lot of experience doing… 在… 方面富有经验
1.If I were you, I’d have a first-aid book on a nearby shelf in your home (1) a first-aid book 急救手册 (2) a nearby shelf 附近的书架 (3) shelf是可数名词。其复数为shelves. eg:那些架子上有一些书。 There are some books on those _________. shelves 2. Martin Robinson is a famous doctor who has a lot of experience dealing with teenagers. (1) have a lot of experience doing sth:干某事有经验 have trouble doing sth:干某事有困难 learning English eg: Tom has trouble______________.(学英语)
have fun doing sth: 干某事很开心 walking Eg:My parents are having fun__________ in the park. (散步) （2）这里who引导 定语从句。结构是 先行词+关系代词/关系副词 + 定语从句其他部分 先行词： 定语从句修饰的词。 句中先行词是 a famous doctor 定语从句的引导词：
关系代词： that； which;who;whom;whose
例如：I can’t understand people who talked fast.
3.His new book, What Would You Do If…? came out last month. come out: 出版；（太阳）出来；花儿开花。 eg: 太阳出来了。 The sun is___________. coming out 春天花朵开始开放。 The flowers begin to come out _________in spring. 4. give advice on sth 给某方面提建议。 advice 是不可数名词。 eg: If you take my ______, you won’t tell anyone B about it. A. advices B. advice C. an advice
5.What would you do if you cut yourself by accident? (1) cut 过去式 过去分词 cut cut
(2) If +主语+ 过去式， 主语+ would+动词原形
主句 从句 eg: If I were you, I would wear a shirt and tie. If a friend said something bad about me, I would talk to the friend right away.
6. cover… with… 用某物覆盖某物 7. If it’
s a deep cut, you should see a doctor. deep：adj.深的 eg:一口深井 a deep well
n. 深度. eg.这条河深一米五。 deep The river is one and a half meters_______. deeply: 副词，深深地。 deeply eg: Are you _________ (deep) moved by the movie? 8. fall downstairs: 掉下楼。 downstairs： 副词，顺楼梯而下地。 upstairs: 顺楼梯而上地。 go upstairs.
9. hurry to do sth = do sth in a hurry匆忙做某事。 eg: He went to call the police in a hurry.(改同义句) He ____________ the police. hurried to call 10.medical help 医学求助 stay with sb 和某人呆在一起 11.burn yourself 烧伤你自己 12.find out 找出来； 查明（经过一定推理思考） how bad it is. 多么糟糕 。 感叹句 How + 形容词/副词 + （主语+ 谓语） eg: How beautiful the girl is ! How smart they are! How quickly Tom runs!
13.running water 自来水 14.injure=hurt 弄伤 knee knees(复数) 15. feel some pain. 感到疼痛。 16. stop doing 停止正在干的事情 stop to do 停下来去干某事 crying (1) The baby stopped______(cry) and began to laugh, when he saw his mother. to have a rest (2) We are tired. Let’s stop _____________.(休息)
17. A friend offers you cigarettes at a party. (1) offer sb sth.给某人提供某物 eg.他们给我提供了一份好工作。 They offer me a good job. (2) offer sth to sb 把某物提供给某人 eg. They offer me a good job.(改为同义句) offer to They______ a good job ____ me. 18. refuse to do sth.拒绝干某事。 to answer eg: She refused _________(answer) the question.
19. the dangers of … …的危险 20. hide sth from sb 对某人隐藏某物 eg.我丈夫从不对我隐瞒任何事情。 hides from My husband never ______anything _____me. 21.agree to do sth 同意干某事 to go to a movie Do you agree _____________(去看电影) today？ 22. ask sb for advice. 向某人寻求帮助
Discuss these questions with a partner.
Why is cold running water helpful to treat a small burn? Cold water will stop the burning. Why would it be dangerous to meet an “internet friend” alone? Because he or she may be a bad person and may hurt you .
If you had any problems: Please remember:
Discuss it with your parents or friends. Ask the teacher for help. Make a clever decision. Do the right things.