Unit3 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes Section A 1. Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes. 青少年应该被允许选择他们自己的衣服。 【解析1】allow v 允许 allow doing sth 允许做某事 They don’t allow smoking. allow sb. to do sth 允许某人做某事 My mother allows me to watch TV. be allowed to do sth 被允许做某事
①We don’t allow ___________(smoke) in the
reading room. ②Our teacher allows us ____________(go) out for a walk. ③The boy should be allowed_______________(play) after supper. ④We won’t allow ___________in the cinema .But you are allowed ___________in the rest room.(smoke) ⑤Teenagers should _______________ (allow) to choose their own clothes.
【解析2】own ①adj. 自己的 ② v 拥有 → owner n 所有者，物主 of one’s own /one’s own +n 某人自己的 (one’s 要用adj. 物主代词代替)
I want to have a big house of my own. ( ) Sixteen – year-olds should be allowed to do something on their own. A. together B. in common C. by themselves D. by others
2. Sixteen – year- olds should be allowed to get their ears pierced. 应该允许16岁的青少年扎耳孔 【解析1】sixteen- year-old 做形容词 16岁的 sixteen –year –olds 作名词 16岁的人 sixteen years old 指年龄 16岁 【注】：“数词+名词+形容词”构成复合形容词，
在句中作定语，用连字符后连接，名词用单数。 two-month holiday 两个月的假期
) ①___ should not be allowed to drive. A. Sixteen-year-olds B. Sixteen-year-old C. Sixteen years old ( ) ②Tom,____ boy, is the only child of the family. A. a five years old B. a five-year-old C. a five-year-olds ( ) ③My brother has a _____ son. A. four-years-old B. fourth-year-old C. four-year-old D. four-year-olds (
【解析2】get their ears pierced 穿耳孔 get sth done(过去分词) =have sth done 让/使（别人）做某事
I have /get my hair cut tomorrow. ( ) ① He got his leg _____ in the accident. A. broke B. break C. broken D. breaking ( ) ② — I think teenagers should ____ to get their ears pierced. — I agree with you . A. are allowed B. not be allowed C. not allowed
3. He just got his driver’s license. 他刚刚拿到 驾驶执照 【解析】drive (drove; driven) v开（车）；驾驶 → driver司机 driver’s license 驾驶执照 drive sb. mad 使某人发疯 drive sb. home 开车送某人回家 ( ) 【山西中考】Drivers shouldn’t be allowed ____ after drinking, or they will break the law. A. drive B. driving C. to drive
4. I’m allowed to choose my own clothes. 我还 可以选择自己的衣服。 【解析】choose →chose →chosen v. “选择” → choice n. ―选择” This is a correct choice. ( ) We have two rooms _______,but I can’t decide ______. A. to live ; to choose which on B. lived; choose which one C. to live in; which one to choose D. live; which one
5. He should stop wearing that silly earring. 他 不应
该再戴那只傻傻的耳环。 【解析】stop ⑴ n 停止； 停车证 ⑵ v 停止； 中断 (1)stop doing sth 停止做某事 Please stop speaking.请停止讲话 (2)stop to do sth 停下来去做另外一件事 Please stop to talk.请停下来讲话 (3)stop sb. from doing sth =keep sb from doing sth =prevent sb from doing sth 阻止某人做某事 (4)can’t stop doing sth 忍不住做……
) ①Mr. Smith stopped ______ two years ago. A. smoking B. to smoke C. smokes D. smoked ( ) ②– I feel tired and sleepy. – Why not stop ____? A. to relax B. relaxing C. resting D. to work ( ) ③The teacher asked the students to stop _____ and _____him. A. writing; listen to B. to write; to listen to C. writing; to listen to D. to write; listening to (
④She couldn’t stop__________ (laugh) when
she heard the story. ( )Danny did all kinds of things to make the baby_____. A. to stop crying B. stop crying C. to stop to cry D. stop to cry 【2013湖南益阳】28. You look too tired . Why not a rest ? A. stop to have B. to stop having. C. stop having
6. He doesn’t seem to have many friends. 他似 乎没什么朋友 【解析】 seem v 好像，似乎 (1)seem to do sth I seem to have seem him before. (2)seem to be+adj He seem to be very hungry (3) It seems/seemed +that 从句
( ) ① He doesn’t seem _______many friends. A .to have B. having C. to be ( ) ②It_____ that he has been ill for a long time. A. seems B. looks C. looks like D. seems like
7. He shouldn’t work on weekends. 他周末不应 该工作。 【解析】on weekends = on Saturday and Sunday 在周末 on weekdays = from Monday to Friday 在工作日 ( ) The teachers never arrive late for work from Monday to Friday. A. on weekdays B. on weekends C. every day D. five times a week.
8. I disagree. They talk instead of doing homework. 我不同意， 他们聊天而不做作业。 【解析1】agree v→(反)disagree → agreement n同意 (1) agree with sb. 同意某人 I agree with you. (2)agree to do sth 同意做某事
①— Do you agree with him?
— No, I ___________ (agree ) with him. ( ) ②—I think English is more useful than Chinese. —I don’t ____ you. They are both useful. A. get on with B. catch up with C. talk with D. agree with
【解析2】(1) instead adv 代替，相反 常用在句 首或句末
We didn’t play soccer. we play basketball instead. (2)instead of +n/doing 用于句中
①You should work harder instead of
( ) ②She went to school instead of ____ at home. A. stay B. staying C .to stay D. stayed
( ) ③ What a nice day! We should go sightseeing ____ watching TV in the hotel. A. because of B. instead of C. together with D. out of 【2013漳州中考】41.— I think collecting stamps is great fun. — ________We can also learn a lot from it . A. I agree with you. B. No, I don't think so. C. No, I don't like it.
9. He needs time to do homework. 他需要和朋 友们共度时光。 【解析】need v 需
▲用于肯定句，是实义动词。 (1)人做主语， sb. need to do sth 某人需要做某事 (2)物做主语，
sth need doing sth= sth need to be done ①Students need __________(have) a good rest in studying. ②The watch needs___________(mend).
▲用于否定句或疑问句，是情态动词 (1)needn’t = don’t have to 没有必要 (2)need ,must 引导的一般疑问句，肯定会的用 must,否定回答用needn’t
— Must I go there now? — Yes，you must/No, you needn’t ( )You ____ to the meeting this afternoon if you have something important to do. A. needn’t to come B. don’t need come C. don’t need coming D. needn’t come
10. I agree. They aren’t serious enough at that age. 我同意。 他们那个年龄还不够谨慎。 【解析1】serious enough 足够严肃 (1)serious adj. 严肃的 be serous about doing sth 对做某事很认真 ( )He is always _____ his work. A. serious about B. serious in C. serious on D. serious
【解析2】enough adj. 足够的，充足的/adv 足够 地，充足地 ① adj. +enough enough 修饰形容词或副词，放在形容词或副词之 后 beautiful enough 足够漂亮 ②enough +n enough 修饰名词，可放在名词之前或之后。 enough food足够食物 ③be +adj.+enough to do sth
He is rich enough to buy such a beautiful car. ( ) It is ___ to work out this problem.You don’t need to ask the teacher for help. A.enough easy B.enough easily C.easy enough D.easily enough
( ) 【2012曲靖中考】 To keep healthiy, you should not only exercises every day, but also ____ and so on. A. eat different vegetables B. eat fruit C. have enough sleep D. A, B and C.
( )【2013杭州中考】She’s not strong enough _____ walking up mountains. A. to go B. going C. go D. went
【解析3】at that age = at the age of … at the age …相当于 when 引导的从句
She became a doctor at the age of thirty =She became a doctor when she was thirty years old. ( ) 【2013南京】— Do you know Mo Yan? — Of course. He won the 2012 Nobel Prize for literature _____ the age of 57. A. in B. at C. on D. to
11. —We have a lot of rules at my house. — so do we 我们家也是。 【解析1】◆“so+情态动词/助动词 (be/do/will/have)/系动词+主语”
前后两句主语不一致时，表示“同样“、“也”， 谓语要倒装 表示上一句所说的人/物的情况也适合下一句的人 和物
【 注】：此时So can I. 相当于 Me, too.
She can drive the car ,so can Mary. She has a pen pal, so does Jim. She is a student, so am I. She has finished the work, so have I. She will go to school ,so will he.
( )① — I have been to Beijing twice. — _______. A. So does my sister B. So my sister has C. My sister has to D. So has my sister ( )③ —Ann can play football. — ___________. A. So I can B. So do you C. So can I D. So do I
— She speaks English. — So she does ( ) —His brother studies very hard. — _________. A. So does he B. So he does C. So is he D. So he can.
【解析3】若要表达“…也不……” 则用 “Neither /Nor + be / V助 / V情 + 主”
) —The first one wasn’t bad. — __________ . A. So wasn’t the second B. So the second was C. Neither wasn’t the second D. Neither was the second ( )②– I don’t like rainy days. — ________. Rainy days always make me sad. A. Neither do I B. So do I C. Neither I do D. So I do (
12. Don’t go out on school nights. 在上学期间 的晚上不能外出。
定义：用于表达命令、请求、劝告、警告、禁止 等的句子叫做祈使句 祈使句的主语是第二人称you，通常都省略。 祈使句的动词都为一般现在时，句末则使用句号 来表示结束 Be quiet, please.（Please be quiet.
【口诀】祈使句无主语, 主语you常省去; 动词原形谓语当, 句首加don't否定变; 朗读应当用降调, 句末常标感叹号。
● 肯定结构： 1.Do型(即:动词原形(+宾语)+其它成分)。 如:Please have a seat here. 请这边坐。 2. Be型(即:Be + 表语(名词或形容词)+其它成分)。 如:Be a good boy! 要做一个好孩子! 3. Let型(即:Let + 宾语 + 动词原形 + 其它成分)。 如:Let me help you. 让我来帮你。
●否定结构: 1. Do型和Be型的否定式都是在句首加don't构成。 如:Don't forget me! 不要忘记我! Don't be late for school! 上学不要迟到! 2.Let型的否定式有两种:“Don't + let + 宾语 + 动 词原形 + 其它成分” 和“Let + 宾语 + not + 动词原形 + 其它成分”。 如:Don't let him go. / Let him not go. 别让他走。 3.有些可用no开头,用来表示禁止性的祈使句。 如:No smoking! 禁止吸烟!No fishing! 禁止钓鱼!
【记】Don’t +动词原形 【拓展】祈使句+ and /or +简单句 ( ) _______ get off the bus before it stops. A. Don’t B. Doesn’t C. Didn’t 【2013四川南充】34. ________ call me Wang Wang! It’s my dog’s name. A. Not B. No C. Don’t 【2013四川凉山】26. —It’s late, Teresa. earlier next time and you’ll have enough time to have breakfast. —OK, Mum. I’ll remember. A. Get up B. Getting up C. To get up
【2013贵州安顺】30. Tom,______ afraid of speaking in front of people. You are the best one. A. don’t B. not C. not be D. don’t be
【2013江苏扬州】11. — Jim, ________ read books while you are walking in the street. It's very dangerous. — OK, thank you. A. don't B. doesn't C. won't D. can't
13. He is allowed to stay up until 11:00 pm. 他被允许 熬夜到晚上11点。 【解析】stay up =sit up 熬夜 ①Please don’t _＿＿___any more. I’m worried about your health.(熬夜) ( ) ②Don’t _____ too late, or you w
ill feel tired in class. A. wake up B. get up C. stay up D. stand up ( )【2013南京中考】— What’s wrong with you, Eric? You look tired. — I _____ to prepare for the final exam last night. A. picked up B. woke up C. stayed up D. put up