1. Is there ________you want to say?
A. something else B. anything else C. else anything D. else something
2. Look! One of the girls ______the door.
A. cleans B. is cleaning C. clean D. are cleaning
3. He is so careless that he always ______his school things at home.
A. forgets B. forgot C.leaves D.left
4. The bus kept the people ______for twenty minutes.
A. wait B. to wait C. waiting D. waits
5．There is ____ water here; but there are quite ____ empty glasses.
A．little; a few B．few; little C．few; a few D．little; a little
6．Be quiet! I have ____ to tell you.
A．important anything B．anything important
C．important something D．something important
7．Han Meimei, what about ____ to eat?
A．everything B．something C．nothing D．anything
8．----“There isn't ____ water here. Could you get ____ for me?”
A．some; some B．any; any C．some; any D．any; some
9. I enjoy my life in China. I have quite _________ friends, and we often meet.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
10.It’s not polite to keep others ______ for a long time.\
A. wait B. waited C. to wait D. waiting
11. After finishing middle school, my sister did nothing ________ at home.
A. but to read B. but read C. besides reading D. except to read
12. The old man seems ____ in a great hurry.
A. be B. to be C. being D. to being
13. My brother keeps _________ me with my work.
A. to help B. help C. helping
14．Don't forget _____ this book to John when you see him.
A. to return B. returning C. return D. to returning
15. It’s time for class. Stop _________, please.
A. to talk B. talk C. talks D. talking
16.The story is ____________________.
A. interest B. interested C. interesting D. to interest
17. —Where is my passport? I remember________ it here.
—You shouldn't leave here. Remember____________ it with you all the time.
A. to put；to take B. putting；taking C. putting；to take D. to put；taking 18-Who helped you clean the classroom yesterday?
--_______.I cleaned it all by myself.
A. Somebody B. Nobody C. Everybody
19. She is new here, so we know _________ about her.
A. nothing B. something C. anything D. everything