Unit 3 Teenagers should be allowed to
choose their own clothes
根据中文意思完成句子。 1. I _____ _____ ___________ to talk have/had no opportunity with her. 我没机会和她谈话。 2. Everybody has strong points. We should _____ from each other. learn ____ 每个人都有优点，我们应该互相学习。
3. I can’t help you ___ _____ . －－I’m at present
too busy. 我现在不能帮你－－我太忙了。 4. When the comedy actors came out , the audience ____ ___. got noisy 当喜剧演员出场时，观众变得嘈杂起 来。
5. He decided to concentrate on English, _____ _______ because he just failed the exam. 他决定专攻英语, 因为他刚考试不及 格。 6. He _____ ____ doing the homework af got/gets to ter supper. 晚饭之后他开始做作业。 7. Fruits and vegetables _____ _____ are good for you. 水果和蔬菜对你有益。
8. His parents ____ ____with him. are strict ___ 他的父母对他要求非常严格。 9. ___ ___ him two hours to do the It took home work . 他花了两个小时做作业。 10. John has a lot of family rules. ___does Peter. So ___ 约翰家有许多家规，彼得家也是这样。
finish allow choose need clean up 1. You have to be 18 is a real mess. you eg. 1)My hair years old before 2)The kids made to mess in car. bathroom. are ________ a drive a the allowed
2. What time do you _____ basketball finish n,混乱，脏乱；不 practice today?
3)You are a mess.
3. Please ________the classroom. It is a clean up real mess. 真是乱遭了
4. I can’t ________which pair of jeans choose to buy. They both look good on me. （这两条裤子） 穿在我身上好看 至少
8小时的睡眠 needs 5. Everyone ______ to have at least eight hours’ sleep a night.
Useful expressions 1.老年之家 2. 更经常 3.小学 4.帮助教育
5.对于某人来说是一次很好的经历 6. 为一家报纸写作 7. 一周一次 8.在周五下午 9.昏昏欲睡 10. 在星期五下午休息，放假
Helping and learning
At our school, we sometimes have a special day to help others. Last year we went to an old people’s home and sang 老年之家 songs and performed a play for them. The old people were very happy. We
should be allowed to take time to do
things like that more often. For example, 更经常
we should visit primary schools and help teach 小学 帮助教育 young students. I
want to be a teacher when
对于某人来说 I’m older so it would be a great experience for
me. Other students would like to do other jobs. For example, my friend Tian Ge wants to write for a newspaper. She should be allowed 为一家报社写作 to volunteer at the newspaper
office once a week. On Friday afternoons, 在星期五下午 一周一次 many students are sleepy after a long week 昏昏欲睡 of classes. Some students should be allowed to have Friday afternoons off to volunteer 星期五下午休息，放假 and help others.
Dear Editor: I would like to reply to the article “helping and learning” in your last newsletter. I agree with some ideas and disagree with others. The article said that students should be allowed to take time to help others, I think it is a good
idea, because that can make us learn to care about others. But I don’t think students should be allowed to help teach young students, because they are not old enough. I disagree that students should be allowed to join more volunteering work, because they have to pay more attention to their homework and schoolwork. Yours, Mary
英英释义(连线) 1. teenagers a. fix one’s attention on something b. for only a part of the working day or week c. kids aged from 13 to 19 d. begin to e. at this time, now
2. part-time 3. concentrate 4. at present 5. get to