新目标 九年级 Unit 10
By the time I got outside, the bus had
already left. Section A Period 2
Words & Expressions (P78)
rush run off on time lock relative broke break down 冲；奔学.科.网 跑掉；迅速离开 准时 锁；锁上 亲人；亲戚 break 的过去式 损坏；坏掉
go off (铃)响 ran off 跑步离开 came by 路过 give sb. a ride 捎某人一程
make it 成功
By the time ---had gotten--
ran off to
Have you ever been late for school?
The correct order :
1. alarm clock didn’t go off 2. father went to bathroom 3. woke up late 4. took shower 5. had some breakfast
6. bus left
7. ran to bus stop
8. started walking 9. got a ride with a friend
10. bell ringing 11. got to school
12. got to class
True or false 1. The writer is often late for school. F 2. There was something wrong with her alarm clock yesterday.学.科.网 T 3. she didn’t go into the bathroom until her father came out. T 4. she got to school on time without having breakfast. F 5. she was given a ride by Tony and his father. T
?Have you ever overslept?学.科.网 ?Have you ever been late for school? ?Have you ever forgotten to bring your homework to school? ?Have you ever locked your keys in your house? ?Have you ever forgotten a relative’s birthday? ?Have you ever forgotten a doctor’s or dentist’s appointment?
Ask your partner the questions, in 3b. If
he or she says ”Yes”, ask more questions.
A: Have you ever been late for school?
B: Yes, I have.
A: Why were you late?
B: The bus broke down.(出故障)
A: What did your teacher say?
1. I’ve never been late for school, but yesterday I came very close.学.科.网 我上学从未迟到过，但是昨天差一 点儿就迟到了。
（1）I’ve 是I have的缩写，have been late是现在完成时态，现在完成时是指 一个动作或状态开始于过去，持续到 现在，并可能继续下去，而且对现在 产生了一定的影响，其构成是have /
I have been here since 1999． 自1999年以来我就在这儿。 We have lived in Jinan for 20 years． 我们已经在济南住了20年了。 She hasn’t worked for 2 years． 她已2年不工作了。
（2）be late for 意为“……迟到”，for 为介词，所以其后须跟名词。 Don’t be late for the meeting．
Tom has been late for classes twice.
（3）close 在此为副词“接近地, 靠近
地”。此外came very close意为 “到
2. My alarm clock didn’t go off, … 闹钟没有大响…… go off 意为“爆发，大响”。 Although the alarm clock went off, he didn’t wake up． 虽然闹钟大响, 但是他还是没有醒来。
（1）go in for 爱好；参加竞赛或
考试 She goes in for bird-watching． 她爱好赏鸟。学.科.网 （2）go on 进行, 继续
Please go on．请继续。
（3）go on doing sth. 或 go on with sth. He went on working without having a rest． 他一直工作，没停下来休息过。 （4）go over 调查, 视察 You must go over your lessons before the exam． 考试前你必须复习。
3. on time in time at times
准时 及时 有时
at any time 在任何时候
all the time 一直；始终
4. Luckily, my friend Tony and his dad came by his dad’s car and they gave me a ride.
(1) luckily 是个副词, 常在句中作状语, 意为“幸运地；有运气地”。 Luckily I didn’t hurt myself when I fell. (2) come by意为“路过，经过”，既可 作及物动词短语，也可作不及物动词 短语。例如： When I came by the post office, I bought a stamp. 我路过邮局时买了一张邮票。
come by还有“得到，获得”的意思。 例如： A good job like that is hard to come by. 像那样的好工作是不容易得到的。 (3) give sb. a ride 意为 “让人搭顺车” If you go to the school, I can give you a ride.
练习： 根据汉语意思完成下列英语句子，每空 一词。 1. 当我在等你的时候，看到一只袋鼠经 过这里。 saw When I was waiting for you, I _____ a kangaroo _____ _____. come by 2. 我让她搭了便车，所以她请我吃饭。 gave ___ ride I _____her a__ ___, so she invited me to _____dinner have _____.
5. I only just made it to my class． 我恰好到教室。
make it 意为“成功了, 做成了”。 这里指的是没有迟到, 准时到达。
－Have you got the job? －你得到那份工作了吗？
－Yes, I made it． －是的, 我成功了。
【相关链接】 1）make it还可以表示“成功”。例如： We have made it. = We have succeeded. 我们成功了。 2）make it还常用来约定时间。例如： Let’s make it 8:30. = Let’s meet at 8:30. 咱们八点半见面吧。
【闯关】 根据汉语意思完成下列英语句子，每空 一词。 1. 至于下次会议，我们就定在后天吧。 As for the next meeting, let’s ____ __ ___ day after tomorrow. make it the ___ ____ 2. 我相信他如果真想干，他会成功的。 I’m sure he’ll ___ ___ if he really wants make it to do it.
1. By the time I got to the train station, the train had ___ (leave). ___ left
2. The girl from Paris ___ never _____ has eaten
(eat) dumplings since she came to
3. This morning he didn’t _____(not have) _____ have breakfast. 4. The Greens had _____(live) in London ___ lived for ten years before they came here. 5. When the man got there, the meeting ___ _____ had already ended (end).
1. My alarm cl
ock goes___ (发出响声) ___ off at six o’clock every day. 2. His car broke down _____ _____(坏了) on the way to the cinema yesterday.
3. The boy had a quick breakfast and then ___ ___ (迅速离开) to the subway ran off station.
4. Last Monday I came ____ (差点) to ____ close
5. Miss Miller came by in her car and
she gave me a ride _____________(让我搭便车).
Preview the Section B.
Thanks for listening!